Just returned from a 10 night family holiday with 2 young children aged 7 and 3. We booked this with Travel republic flying with BMI baby from Birmingham and got a good deal.
However there were some issues! Flight was great and I can recommend BMI as they were ontime and seats had plenty of leg room.
Our transfer was horrid. It took over 1.5hrs to get from Palma to resort which was crazy especially when we arrived at hotel at 2am! The hotel staff did not speak English, so trying to book in and get keys was not an easy task.
Once we got to our apartment, there was no air con working, so had to come back to reception and complain. It took another hour to get fixed, but clearly needed longer to cool down, so had to sleep on balcony as it was over 30 degrees inside! The staff were not helpful at all and didnt even give us an option of another room whilst ours got fixed.
There was food left for us in a fridge, but no water.
The next day we were infested with ants, which seemed to be common with most people, but again got reolved eventually. The room was small and compact, but bathroom was very small. Also the beds were very hard and uncomfortable, so bad backs all round!
For the first week we were the only Brits onsite, so not an issue, but shame for the kids as they didnt make friends easy due to the langauge barriers. 80% German, plus Spanish/French and some Eastern Europeans....
The resturant was ok, but a bit cramped. They clearly were not geared up to deal with lots of people, as the coffee machines broke a few times and variety of food was ok but not brilliant, however staff were very nice and helpful.
The resort was big and had plenty of activities. 2 swimming pools, one was a 6 lane 25m pool for swimmers and the other was a 40m pool (30m for adults and 10m for babies), with one end being 3m deep and a shallow end great for youngers ones. However there was no lifegaurds at all!!
There was a volleyball court and tennis court plus a bike shop hiring and selling high spec road and Mountain bikes (Focus). There was a gym onsite, but sadly like most gyms in Spain none of the CV equipment worked, but there were free weights.
Also a kids club and some gaming machines were onsite.
The sun loungers were dated and very worn, so if you have a bad back - beware! You needed to be down by the pool by 8am to find a sunbed, but even then plenty had towels already positioned on the loungers - or you were out of luck.
The beach was close by across a main road, but it was circa 20mins walk to the nearest town (Can Picafort). Alcudia was 7km away. The nearest supermarket was 500m walk along a very busy main road, so beware at night.
Overall it was ok, but very isolated from any shops/towns/main beach etc............pools were the best feature and pretty clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Valentin Blue Bay is especially suitable for families. Swimmers and cyclists also chose the hotel to practice. The hotel is situated in the middle of the nature park S'Albufera, famous for its birds. Nearby there is the wide beach of Ca'n Picafort with crystal clear water and white sand, surrounded by dunes and pine woods. Also nearby the centre of the area of Albufera which offers entertainment and lively, summerly ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Valentin Playa de Muro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Blue Bay Hotel Playa De Muro
- Valentin Playa De Muro Majorca