We were attracted to this destination because of the location and climate. The hotel is located on the North side of the island of Mallorca, close to Alcudia. Close to the sea with direct access to the beach. Car hires are readily available to explore Palma and the rest of the island.
The hotel offers both all-inclusive as half board options. We choose All-Inclusive, and fully took advantage of the benefits (all meals, non- & alcoholic beverages included).
Upon arrival we were somewhat surprised by the size of the hotel. Although the websites indicate the Albufera Playa is a 359 room resort, we did not expect that the adjacent IB Albufera Park would share facilities and entertainment with our hotel. This totals to more than 600 (!) bedrooms, which mostly families sharing accommodation. One can imagine the queue for breakfast/dinner and incredibly busy pool areas with loads of children. Guests mainly came from Spain, Germany or Switzerland.
The room we received was very clean and apparently refurbished. We could argue about the size of the room, but with the seaview, private balcony and a properly working AC unit we did not complain. The only thing to note is that all doors slam with a loud bang, and that the isolation of the rooms is far from perfect. We could hear the neighbours flushing, talking and walking, and the outside music came into the room, like we opened all windows...
The Entertainment bit we found a bit tricky at first. We understand this is common practise in All-Inclusive hotels, and varies from sport events, music, dancing and varieté. The only thing we noticed is that if you are not into it, there is no escape because of the volume of the PA system is so loud - you will hear every beat in your hotel room. Perhaps not too adequate for families with smaller kids that have to get to bed early...
We have to say that this Iberostar property exceeds in food and beverage offering; varied every day with plenty of choice, an abundance of freshly made dishes at a very well kept and clean restaurants / bars.
We enjoyed our holiday because of the great weather, excellent food and car hire to explore the island (Tip!). We would not return to this property because of the size and feeling somewhat a number in the eyes of the staff. Besides one breakfast waitress we did not have any staff interaction that we could mention.
Overall a nice hotel - but too crowded for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel is located on the sea front of Playa de Muro, one of the best-maintained sand expanses on the entire Mediterranean. This is a highly recommended hotel to enjoy a family holiday with children or as a couple. SPA, cuisine, sports, entertainment... The services at the Albufera Playa hotel are wide-ranging and will allow you to enjoy an ample variety of entertainment for adults and children alike. These include five restaurants and two bars in the all inclusive accommodation type (optional); Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); as well as a playground and children’s pool. There’s also SPA Sensations, the space where you can restore the balance between body and mind, a fitness centre, and Fit & Fun activities... there’s something for every member of the family. And if you’re also looking for some added exclusivity, the Albufera Playa hotel offers its Star Prestige service with luxury services, such as a rooftop VIP zone featuring Balinese beds, Jacuzzis, Open Bar with drinks and amazing views of Playa de Muro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Iberostar, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Playa
- IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa Playa De Muro, Majorca