Iberostar Albufera Playa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Zafiro Bahia(Playa de Muro)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Grupotel Natura Playa(Playa de Muro)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Valentin Playa de Muro(Playa de Muro)
View Hotel
Hotel Playa Esperanza(Playa de Muro)
1,175 results
All reviewsthomas cookstar prestigeinterconnecting roomsside sea viewglass of champagnesister hotel next doorevening entertainmentlovely bathroombar staffnatural parksewage smellper dayanimation teammain barevery nightdirect access to the beachsuperb hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Poor organization.
The room cleaning was correct.
The room smelled of sewage. According to an employee of cleaning all bad smell due to its proximity with the lagoon and by air.
Virgin olive oil (which use the Spaniards, especially for salads, toasts, etc.) have it hidden in a drawer if someone requests it (if not not removed). They only have refined olive oil.
In many cases not made signs indicative of what each meal.
Once I asked a Cook what was what they had in a bowl and told me that he didn't. On another occasion happened same thing but with ice cream. I asked the head of the room and he replied that he didn't, to try them. The timetable of the breakfast ends at 10: 30 pm. One day we went to late breakfast and at the 4 hours (looked at my watch) told the chef making the sandwiches to make me one. I said not for something that I did not understand. I said "what?" and then prepared it me (I guess that it would realize he fell silent, but gives very bad image for a client).
One night they wanted that we fill a survey on the quality of the hotel. That night, coincidentally, had more variety than ever before and everything had its corresponding poster (although still without olive oil). In the days that followed all returned to the above.
The last day that we got the price of food without notice (usually would notify customers with one day in advance, if they accept or going outside the hotel to eat).
In summary, the beach is wonderful, the hotel's facilities are good, very well-tended gardens, but the organization with regard to food and kitchen staff gives very bad image to a hotel that pretends to be something else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
IberostarHoteles, Online Experience Manager at Iberostar Albufera Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Iberostar Albufera Playa with us. We are sorry to hear that you have some problems with the staff and the organization. If our efforts were not evident to you, we apologize profoundly and we assure you that it was not by a lack of effort.
At Iberostar we strive to provide a unique experience to each client, therefore your opinion is very important to us. We have taken all appropriate measures to address the inconveniences you encountered.
Again, thank you for sharing your impressions; it gives us the opportunity to improve and offer better service on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I am a little late with my review as my trip was at spring bank, when the weather was horrid!
I would return to this hotel as it is so nice, comfortable, clean rooms. Beautiful pool area, plenty going on if you wish to take part, kids club, areobic classes, my Daughter even tried an introduction to scuba diving in the pool in the rain!

I stayed half board and what a pain. It was very uncomfortable in the resteraunt in the evening, as I didn't have a wrist band on so kept a having to in my purse, which wasn't very relaxing.
Also I was unable to get my Daughter an icecream, as they only served icecream at 3.30, so I had to go to the nearby supermarket for an icecream on the two warm days we had. The TV only had German channels, which I feel if it is marketing itself in the Uk,they should cater a little more for the English speaking person.

Overall the hotel was great, with just a few niggles, thank god for the indoor pool and jacuzzi.

The area is called Alcudia Pins, which is ok, but you have to get a bus, which are every 15mins to Alcudia or Can picafort for shops etc. The markest in Alcudia old town is definetly worth a visit.

I was aware that this hotel was predominantly German before I went, but the reality is the language barrier in certain situations is a problem. However all the staff were bylingual putting myself to shame!

All in all it is worth taking things into consideration when choosing this hotel, having said that I did enjoy my stay, I would choose the all inclusive option next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Iberostar Albufera Playa with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed all our services.
We assure you that we will continue working to improve your next experience with us.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Just back from a fantastic week in the Albufera Playa. The hotel far exceeded our expectations in all areas, from the staff to the rooms and the swimming pools it was all fabulous. By far the best aspect of our stay was the food which was tremendous, a huge selection of dishes every mealtime and always prepared and cooked in front of you. It was the best food I have ever had in a foreign hotel. Also for anyone going all inclusive you are not restricted to local drinks, they is also a good selection of the big brand names all included. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Skyblueandy
IberostarHoteles, Online Experience Manager at Iberostar Albufera Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Iberostar Albufera Playa with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed all our services, especially the food, and felt so well attended to by our staff.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We are a family ranging in ages from 15 to 64 and we all absolutely loved this place. Staying one week AI we found the food to be of excellent quality and variety, from basic pasta dishes to hog roast, salads and fresh seafood, guinea fowl, lamb and pizzas, oil and vinegar dips to a fine selection of cheese and biscuits. The breakfast also was of good quality and variety, fruit, cereal, cooked dished, toasties, pancakes, pastries and plentiful tea, coffee and fruit juices, with excellent service throughout. There was no problem getting a sun lounger any of the mornings, there were still plenty to choose from at 10.00am some days. The entertainment at night was holiday style, Abba tribute band, 80's night, acrobatic team, Robbie Williams tribute night, most were not from the hotel team, we enjoyed it, if you cant relax and join in on holiday, when can you? My daughter immersed herself in the daytime activities, nordic walking, zumba class, bicycle keep fit etc., there seemed to be lots for the younger ones too. A walk along the beach after breakfast each morning is a must, lovely long stretch of sand to walk off that breakfast! We got a taxi a couple of times, to Can Picafort and Alcudia, not expensive, and just ask reception to get you one, it'll come in a few minutes. Can honestly say, we have a hard time to say anything bad about this hotel, we have travelled all over the world staying in 4, 5 and 6 star hotels and this was one of the best. Would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone else to go too.

3  Thank Audihally

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Iberostar Albufera Playa with us. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed all our services, especially the food, and felt so well attended to by our staff.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We were attracted to this destination because of the location and climate. The hotel is located on the North side of the island of Mallorca, close to Alcudia. Close to the sea with direct access to the beach. Car hires are readily available to explore Palma and the rest of the island.

The hotel offers both all-inclusive as half board options. We choose All-Inclusive, and fully took advantage of the benefits (all meals, non- & alcoholic beverages included).

Upon arrival we were somewhat surprised by the size of the hotel. Although the websites indicate the Albufera Playa is a 359 room resort, we did not expect that the adjacent IB Albufera Park would share facilities and entertainment with our hotel. This totals to more than 600 (!) bedrooms, which mostly families sharing accommodation. One can imagine the queue for breakfast/dinner and incredibly busy pool areas with loads of children. Guests mainly came from Spain, Germany or Switzerland.

The room we received was very clean and apparently refurbished. We could argue about the size of the room, but with the seaview, private balcony and a properly working AC unit we did not complain. The only thing to note is that all doors slam with a loud bang, and that the isolation of the rooms is far from perfect. We could hear the neighbours flushing, talking and walking, and the outside music came into the room, like we opened all windows...

The Entertainment bit we found a bit tricky at first. We understand this is common practise in All-Inclusive hotels, and varies from sport events, music, dancing and varieté. The only thing we noticed is that if you are not into it, there is no escape because of the volume of the PA system is so loud - you will hear every beat in your hotel room. Perhaps not too adequate for families with smaller kids that have to get to bed early...

We have to say that this Iberostar property exceeds in food and beverage offering; varied every day with plenty of choice, an abundance of freshly made dishes at a very well kept and clean restaurants / bars.

We enjoyed our holiday because of the great weather, excellent food and car hire to explore the island (Tip!). We would not return to this property because of the size and feeling somewhat a number in the eyes of the staff. Besides one breakfast waitress we did not have any staff interaction that we could mention.

Overall a nice hotel - but too crowded for us!

Room Tip: If you do not want to be troubled by the entertainment, do ask for a silent room away from the disco/stage.
2  Thank Leisure_Traveller13