After a some not so good experience in the lovely area of Alcudia bay, we carefully chose this Hotel for our summer vacations in June 2014. Party of three: Me, my wife and our 5 year old boy.
The choice was based on the location, the great reviews from sites like TA and the fact that it seemed very children friendly. I'll say right away our expectations were exceeded.
The reception was great, friendly and professional.
Our room wasn't the biggest I've seen, but was very nice, comfortable, extremely clean. It had a very nice bathroom with a great shower and litle but very pleasant balcony with 2 chairs and a table where you could relax and enjoy the view.
The TV channels were not abundant on quantity or quality, and the image and sound were poor on quality, but that should bother you much when you're in Maillorca.
There was a nice little fridge where you could keep some fresh drinks and food.
Some negative notes about the room:
The mattresses weren't the most comfortable and were a bit noise as you could hear the spring when you moved.
The room had a door directly to next room (obviously locked). This meant that we could hear everything that was said and done in the other room. Luckily most of the time our neighbors were very quiet, although it got a bit awkward when we had to explain to the 5 year old why the nice lady next door was rithmetically screaming so loud for 10 minutes.
No free internet. We had to pay 25€ for a 15 day sluggish weak wifi, and we could only connect one device at a time.
No free safe. There is one in the room but you have to pay to use it.
Out of the room the hotel was wonderful. Beautiful gardens, lots of bars esplanades, 6 pools to choose from and a big stage where shows took place.
There's a small gym with some a few machines urgently needing major maintenance.There is also a indoor swimming pool and spa that we didn't check.
A big saloon with LCD projectors was prepared specially for the World Cup Fiesta. Unfortunately I watched there my Portuguese squad loose 0-4 to Germany with the big saloon packed with Germans.
We had half pension with breakfast and dinner. It was glorious. Being experienced in this kind of hotels we were expecting a lot a quantity but not that much quality. We were wrong. The food was generally great. Exceptional if you take in account the scale of the thing and the amount of meals served.
If the beach is your thing your just a minute walk away form the great and beautiful Playa de Muro. Soft sand, warm calm green-blue sea, ideal for children to bath and play. Wonderful.
If is entertainment and activity your looking for this is the place for you. There is a LOT of activities. Hiking, Step classes, Bike classes, Horse Riding, Water Polo, Football, Table-Tennis, Water-gym, Beach-Volley, Archery, Shooting... and this is only for adults.
For the children you have the Mini and Maxi Clubs, where younger and older kids respectively, have their own set of activities like pony-riding, t-shirt painting, cooking, fashion shows, all sort of games and contexts. If that isn't enough for the kids, every evening they have a 50 min music and dance show for children called the Mini-Disco.
After that there was always a show for adults (not that kind). Usually performed by outside entertainers (musicians, singer, dancers, magicians), sometimes the shows were performed by the hotel staff. The shows were surprisingly entertaining, and much better than the previous similar shows I've seen in other similar hotels.
I'm already long in this review but I haven't mentioned the most important thing about this hotel.
The people, the workers. I have no words for them. Whatever their being payed, they should double it. They are really the heart and soul of this place
The receptionists,the cleaning ladies, the waiters in the restaurant and bar..., and especially the animators. They were all so nice, so dedicated, so welcoming that it was easy to not notice how hard working and professional they all were. To them, my sincere thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iberostar Albufera Playa hotel is located on the seafront of Playa de Muro, one of the best sandy beaches on the Mediterranean coast. This is a highly recommended hotel to enjoy a family holiday with children or as a couple. SPA, cuisine, sports, entertainment... The services at the Albufera Playa hotel are wide-ranging and will allow you to enjoy an ample variety of entertainment for adults and children alike. These include five restaurants and two bars in the all inclusive accommodation type (optional); Miniclub, Maxiclub and Teenclub as well as a playground and children’s pool. There’s also SPA Sensations, a fitness centre, and Fit & Fun activities... there’s something for every member of the family. And if you also seek that extra touch of exclusivity, the Albufera Playa hotel offers its adults-only Star Prestige service with luxury services, such as a rooftop VIP zone featuring Balinese beds, Jacuzzis, Open Bar and amazing views of Playa de Muro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Iberostar, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Albufera Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Playa
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Playa De Muro, Majorca