The Iberostar Albufera Playa was as good, if not better, than we hoped. We only booked our 6 night break a week before we left but it was a brilliant last minute choice!
The good stuff:
Cleanliness of hotel - everywhere
Food - loved it (we were half board) - delicious, plentiful buffet with loads of choice
The room - plenty big enough for a couple, we were garden/pool facing 4th floor, partial sea view (gorgeous) Lovely bathroom - great shower.
Lovely swimming pools
Right on the beautiful beach - soft white sand and clear shallow water
The not so good stuff (although none of this spoilt our holiday at all):
Beds weren't great but they weren't awful
If you want to go for a stroll in the evening there isn't really anywhere to go! The hotel is at the far end of Playa De Muro and a good 5 miles from Alcudia. There are a few bars and other restaurants at the front of the hotels but the evening we ventured out about 10pm everywhere was very quiet. However the hotel has entertainment every evening.
If you haven't got kids, I would probably avoid during peak school holiday season!
Sunbeds are quite tightly packed in around the pools so you end up quite close together!
All in all we had a really fantastic holiday and would definitely stay at an Iberostar hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel is located on the sea front of Playa de Muro, one of the best-maintained sand expanses on the entire Mediterranean. This is a highly recommended hotel to enjoy a family holiday with children or as a couple. SPA, cuisine, sports, entertainment... The services at the Albufera Playa hotel are wide-ranging and will allow you to enjoy an ample variety of entertainment for adults and children alike. These include five restaurants and two bars in the all inclusive accommodation type (optional); Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); as well as a playground and children’s pool. There’s also SPA Sensations, the space where you can restore the balance between body and mind, a fitness centre, and Fit & Fun activities... there’s something for every member of the family. And if you’re also looking for some added exclusivity, the Albufera Playa hotel offers its Star Prestige service with luxury services, such as a rooftop VIP zone featuring Balinese beds, Jacuzzis, Open Bar with drinks and amazing views of Playa de Muro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Iberostar, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Playa
- IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa Playa De Muro, Majorca