These numerous good reviews leave me quite baffled as I obviously did not experience what they have!
Let's start with the good things,the location of the hotel is great, easy access to the beach with lovely blue waters. The hotel itself is quite big relatively clean, nice pools that are not too over crowded, finding a sunbed can be a bit challenging but not impossible. Rooms are ok, basic really nothing special, bathrooms could do with a bit of an upgrade in my opinion.
Now for the rest.......you are charged for everything at this hotel, there is a safe in the room but if you want to use it you have to pay 18 euros per week, you want wifi? Have to pay for that too and even then the network is still so bad you can't use it, our room's location couldn't even detect the internet, you are only allowed free access 30 mins per day in the lobby and it is also bad there!
You want beach towels? Guess what?! You have to pay! 10 euro deposit for each towel and once you return them with the receipt you'd been given you will get your money back, this system I believe renders peoples' behaviour over the towels to become quite apalling! I was falsely accused by a man to be sitting on his towels and when his partner pointed out where they were he walked off muttering that someone must have moved them there and didn't even apologise to me! The food was very mediocre nothing impressive, we were half board and so at the restaurants (excluding breakfast) there is absolutely nothing to drink at the buffet, you want water? Then PAY! I find this a bit much, I have taken half board packages at many other hotels and when we ate the drinks (excluding alcohol) have always been available free of charge, most certainly the water!
And now for the service, there are 2 breakfast restaurants one which you must reserve and stays open half an hour longer than the main restaurant. When we woke up late one morning I called the reception to try and get through to the restaurant to see if they still had availability and was immeditaley told by the receptionist that the reservation card is only through her and right now the restaurant is fully booked. Let me tell you that after that we only had breakfast at this restaurant and on the busiest of days it was only half full!
My almost 3 year old boy had an accident while we were there just outside the entrance to the hotel and his scalp was bleeding, I ran to the reception to ask for a doctor and the receptionist told me it is better to go to the hospital since he might need stitches and gave me directions, in the meantime not one of the 3 or 4 employees standing behind the front desk left their place to come and see if I needed help, hotel guests were getting us ice and looking for a doctor for us. When the bleeding stopped I went back and asked if the doctor could see us anyway so he can tell us whether we should go to the hospital or not, the receptionist called him and said "he is coming now" apparently that meant he would be on his way from his clinic and it would take about 30 mins! I was furious at this attitude had I known it would take this long I would have directly gone to the hospital, but i thought "now" meant a few minutes. The doctor arrives and I wish he didn't he was totally useless first saying no need for stitches but then asking me if I want to give him stitches, how the hell should I know?! I am not the doctor here! We ended up leaving him and going to hospital where he did get stitches in the end.
Last but not least be prepared to be woken up by multiple slamming doors as the doors to the rooms are quite heavy and are made to slam shut pretty loud once you let go of them.
Would I come to Mallorca again? YES!
Would I come to this hotel again? NOOOOOOO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel is located on the sea front of Playa de Muro, one of the best-maintained sand expanses on the entire Mediterranean. This is a highly recommended hotel to enjoy a family holiday with children or as a couple. SPA, cuisine, sports, entertainment... The services at the Albufera Playa hotel are wide-ranging and will allow you to enjoy an ample variety of entertainment for adults and children alike. These include five restaurants and two bars in the all inclusive accommodation type (optional); Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); as well as a playground and children’s pool. There’s also SPA Sensations, the space where you can restore the balance between body and mind, a fitness centre, and Fit & Fun activities... there’s something for every member of the family. And if you’re also looking for some added exclusivity, the Albufera Playa hotel offers its Star Prestige service with luxury services, such as a rooftop VIP zone featuring Balinese beds, Jacuzzis, Open Bar with drinks and amazing views of Playa de Muro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Iberostar, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Playa
- IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa Playa De Muro, Majorca