“A fabulous place for families with children of all ages!”

IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We booked this hotel in January this year. We haven't ever been all inclusive before but thought we would give it a try. The food was fantastic! Lots of choice on the lunch buffet and a fabulous choice in the main restaurant at dinner time. If you enjoy seafood & fish then you will have lots of choice, plenty of fresh salads, meats and always a huge selection of fresh fruit. The children could always get some pasta or chicken nuggets/chips etc...Having never stayed at an Iberostar Hotel before I would definatly return. The staff were very helpful & friendly (especially the entertainment team & children's reps) couldn't do more for you. The pool was never over crowded (think this helped as the beach was only 2mins away) the beach was perfect very warm and shallow for miles! The hotel complex very clean and was nice to be able to pop next door to the sister complex of an evening as that's where the children's mini disco took place! Would defiantly recommend & would also return in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Kellyh1704

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We have returned 5 times but this time was a huge disappointment.

This hotel is well situated in nicely kept grounds. The entertainment staff and cleaning and reception personnel are nice too.

However, there were many negatives.

The food, which used to be excellent, has greatly deteriorated. The pasta and sauces were inedible most days, as were the rice dishes. The coffee and tea at breakfast were disgusting. They no longer even provide proper olive oil at lunchtime.

The beds are very hard. I travel with a topper to make them bearable.

It was mosquito and jellyfish paradise (not the hotel's fault).

Impossible to get a seat by the pool if towels aren't out by 7.30am. We witnessed several arguments and the hotel was not interested when we informed them.

To use Internet you have to walk to another hotel and pay 6 euro per hour and the connection doesn't work properly.

The hotel has also put it's prices up by 10 percent in one year, during a financial crisis! This puts the price at well over 400 per night half board.

To cap it all, the call centre made a mistake with our booking and management was extremely rude and refused to sort it out, saying the Iberostar call centre has nothing to do with the hotel.

I would recommend you to spend your hard-earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank tonydare
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having so carefully explained your experience. Your opinion is highly valuable and helps us improve our services. It is always our goal to accomplish maximum customer satisfaction and the best way to achieve this is taking in consideration the opinion of our guests.

Regarding the mistake with your booking, we are very sorry not to have been able to sort it out. Nevertheless we would like to point out that in our call center we stay at your disposal to assist you with any occurrences you encounter whilst traveling with Iberostar. Also on our web page you can enquire any needed information in relation to our different services and room types.

Further on, we regret your disappointment regarding our meals. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to adapt our services and prevent any future occurrences. It is our intention that guests at the Iberostar Playa De Muro Village are enticed with its generous and varied culinary offerings and enjoy its endless buffet and various themed restaurants, some of which are located in its sister hotel just steps away. We passed your comments to the chef and we are already revising our procedures in order to assure the meeting of our demanding quality standards.

According to the hotel policies, reserving sun beds is not allowed. We try our best to ensure the following of this standard, especially during the high season where this occurs more often and we apologies that exceptionally during your stay we weren’t able to avoid this. We are now revising our procedures to make sure all of the staff helps to guarantee that in the future this will not be repeated.

In Iberostar we lay high value on the client orientation of our employees, as we understand that this is a prime factor to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. We would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff, all of them work very hard, striving to surpass guest expectations, and guaranteeing a splendid service. They are the base to offer the close and personalized service Iberostar is famous for and they will surely celebrate that you wrote that they contributed to your well being whilst staying among us.

We are very sorry to hear that you have no intention to return, as for us the lost of a repeating guest is tragic and we would be delighted to may serve you again to make a good, definitive and lasting impression on you. This is why we would be honored to receive you once more, assuring in advance our utmost care and attention in order to satisfy all your expectation. Once more, many thanks for your time and effort sharing your experience, we will certainly take it in consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We ended up at Playa De Muro Village after a last minute cancellation of our originally booked hotel...best thing that could of happened to us! We enjoyed every thing the hotel had to offer, great food, exceptional staff, nothing was to much always friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean at all times. A very good kids club staffed by competent people which our 4yr old son enjoyed,Great location a stones throw from the beach! A 30 second walk to the beach from the pool(passing the bar on the way!) it is worth spending the extra money to stay at the village hotel rather than the sister hotel next door as it feels more personal and not as busy,its worth knowing that you can use the facilities of the sister hotel but the residents from there are unable to use the Muro Village hotel

The negatives would be not a great deal of quality places to eat/drink within easy distance of the hotel, the hotel bar shuts at 2330hrs so if you are a party animal start early!! We stayed there August 2012 avery busy time in the hotel therefore sun bed availability could be an issue on some days.

We would defiantly return to this hotel as we had a quality holiday and met some fantastic people,a very nice family hotel without the feeling your staying in a school playground!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

We are staying here as I write this review, room 6113. I normally wait for my trip to end before I review but I have fully made up my mind to saying how outstanding this place is and the unbeliveable outstanding service the staff offer. Absolutely nothing is a problem, what ever you ask for, and they actually enjoy helping you. May I also say that Peter in reception has been so very helpful also with a problem I had which was not connected to the hotel.

The restaurants are outstanding, the best so far out of hundreds of hotels I have stayed at, of which some were 5 star.

The beach and sea is lovely and the best for kids as you can walk out very far in shallows.

The all inclusive package is a bit of a treat and includes all drinks and cocktails except gin for some strange reason.

Tv channels are bbc1 and itv which is not brilliant but I'm happy, kids could have done with a kiddie channel, but never mind.

Shops, there is some proper clothes shops opposite the hotel with some nice decent quality brands for sale, there also a toy shop for the kids which is very good

Swimming pool is very good, no sun bed towel problem at all, plenty of empty beds

The village gardens are immaculate

Entainment is very good and the kids love it.

Things I am not happy with

For some reason when we open the fridge in the room, it smells awful, it makes me actually feel sick when I open it because it smells so bad, I think someone may have let milk go off, I have mentioned it twice to staff and hoping that it can be sorted in the morning, as if they did clean it today as they promised it needs replacing and quickly.

No children's tv in English

Air conditioning is not cold enough for me, I have mentioned it a couple of times but nothing can be done, it maybe me though, as the rest of the family are happy.

Our room quality is not as good as I was expecting to be honest, for the week iI paid over 3000 euros for the room plus extra for all inclusive and was very very dissapointed with the room, I cannot see how it can possible be 4 star, we may have just been unlucky and got a terrible room, which is shame to be honest, as we would love to come back more often but I would not because I don't like the room at all, there are a number of issues with room but I cannot mention them on here. With the flights on top, this is not a cheap holiday.

All in all I have still give the hotel 5 stars as the location is perfect and the staff are the best you will ever have to look after you ever and I really mean that, And the restaurants are perfect and everything is
so clean and tidy.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank businessnorwich
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Went to The Iberostar in June 2012. Overall thought this hotel was middle of the road for a number of reasons: Firstly the rooms we thought were far too small for a family of 4, for 2 weeks. Admittedly, we have been spoilt after staying in apartments these last few years when on holiday due to the amenities we need with young children, but the rooms did not reflect what was advertised on the website, and we were pretty much living on top of each other. No kettle, and had to ask reception for one, who said they don't have them, but our cleaner managed to retrieve one later in the week! Most of the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The food was good and varied, and the hotel was very clean, and the domestic staff cleaned our rooms etc. daily, (this was particularly good we thought). The beach is impressive, probably the best we have seen in europe, and great for kids. However, by the second week what were niggling annoyances became a real problem, for instance having to be up early waiting for sun loungers, absolutely necessary to stand any chance of obtaining them. Which just looked desperate to be honest, but what choice do you have!?? This was also a potential area of conflict for some geusts, saw arguments breaking out atleast once. Many places we have been to did not have this problem, some pool staff even saved them for us when they got to know our favourite spots. Personally this did detract quite a bit from what was supposed to be a relaxing holiday, (not easy with 2 children to be fair), but was just another nuisance we could do without really. The kids club was for 4 years upwards, if under 4 then you have to stay with them if they attend. Finally, the hotel population of guests were mainly german, I would say a ratio of 70-30 percent. The live entertainment was good, but this was mainly in german, the TV channels were mainly german. Just 3 English channels, BBC 1 and 2, Sky news, and CNN I think, and the BBC channels had poor reception much of the time. The german guests by and large did not wish to interact with the english it seemed to me, and for that reason we felt it was quite an isolating holiday in that respect. I commented to my wife that I had had a more meangiful conversation with the spanish taxi driver on our way to the airport coming home than the entire fortnight with any guests there. It was their demeanour and the way they look through you seemingly, and just kept to themselves. Not even raising a smile! We like our space on holiday as much as anyone, but we found them particularly ignorant. I have met some germans on my travels, and this is the first time I have noticed this. All in all we would not return to this particular hotel, sorry to say!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Chriswayne27
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear Chris,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your experience at our Iberostar Playa de Muro Village on Tripadvisor. We would like to offer our apologies for not meeting your expectations and assure you that we always work hard to satisfy all our guest’s wishes and to make them all feel welcome and well attended.

Regarding the size of the rooms we would like to point out that we have different types at disposal and we can only imagine that there must have been confusion during the booking as all of the types are precisely described at our webpage. As you comment that your room was not fitting the advertised conditions, we are afraid that the reservation might have been of another category than the one you saw on internet. As we feel sad about your disappointment, for coming occasions, we would like to offer you a very personal booking guidance through our call center, to make sure you become what you actually desire.

Mattering your indication about the balance between German and English spoken television we are pleased to inform you that we passed this considerations to the technical department and we are studying how we can adapt this situation in order to satisfy the needs of both nationalities.

On the other hand it is a pleasure to see that you could enjoy the fulfilling of our quality standards on cleanness and hygiene, especially when traveling with young children we understand that this is an absolute must to be able to enjoy careless of a well deserved holiday.

We are also delighted to read that you find our staff friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, as this is another of our prime pillars. It is our goal to provide an excellent treatment and to make all of our guests (regardless where they come from) feel welcome and comfortable within the whole hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate all of your comments as they can help us to improve. We hope to see you again in the near future and to have the opportunity to offer you a very enjoyable experience with Iberostar.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel in August 2011, having previously stayed twice in the sister hotel next door. We liked the Village even better than the sister hotel, though they are both really nicely situated next to each other right on the beach. We had a nice room with one bedroom and a living room, the staff were very helpful and the food was really fantastic. I was especially impressed by the lunch buffet, which had a mix of deep fried stuff, freshly cooked meat and fish, and nice salads to go with, something for everyone. The Village is a quiet family hotel, with the fantastic Alcudia beach right next to it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SmaRt1904
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Iberostar. We are delight to read that we did fulfill your holiday expectations. We also would like to thank you for your friendly comment about your stay in Iberostar. Comments like yours keeps motivating us to keep improving our exclusive and personal service, so our guest can enjoy a wonderful time in our hotel.

Thank you very much again for your comment of our hotel. We hope you will have an opportunity to return and enjoy our Hotel again in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 16 June 2012

We were allocated a room in the furthest block from reception, but asked for a change, and they gave us some options and we chose room 6409. Just a few yards from the pool. I would recommend this block, and the Family rooms.
We were all all inclusive, and (I am not entirely sure why), this gave us priviliges over the sister hotel, whereby we can use their all inclusive facilities, but they could not use ours. This meant that our pool was never overly packed, and you could also get a sun bed at any time of the day.
We split our time between the beach and pool, which is no hardship when they are only yards apart. We have stayed in Playa de Muro on many occasions and the beach is still as perfect as ever.

The food was great, particularly the lunchtime buffet in the beach bar.

Our 8 year old played by the pool 90% of the time and made good friends on the day we arrived. Our 1 year old was happier on the beach building sand castles, and the beach is perfect for that.

The evening entertainment was OK, and you had option to visit the sister hotel if you preferred their entertainment that evening.

My only (minor) gripe was the long trouser policy in the restaurant. No problem with having it, but there was nothing in brochures or website information to tell us. Problem easily resolved by buying a pair from the shops just over the road.

The atmosphere of the village seemed far more relaxed than the hotel next door.....we will definately come again!

Room Tip: Family Room (Ibiza block) There are no lifts, so if you have pram etc, may insist on ground floor.