Ultimately our holiday at Dunas Park was good, due in a large part to the superb setting, however there were some aspects that some people may find disturbing enough to spoil their vacation.
The good things all relate to the location of the hotel. The hotel is right on a very nice stretch of the long Alcudia Bay beach. The pool is excellent (but cool – see below). The hotel was full when we were there and there was no trouble with sun beds and there was plenty of sunny and shady spaces around the pool for families under the fir trees. The gardens were excellent and well looked after. The staff were universally friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed the location, which was on the outer edge of the really touristy strip and it was a pleasant walk to some OK restaurants. We would support previous reviewers comments regarding "Les Delicious", but were disappointed with the Taiwan Chinese which was another reviewers recommendation. General standard of eateries on the strip seemed good. We would only note the Oasis, which although it did standard food at standard prices also provided good (free) live entertainment from about 9:30. We went to Arta one night where there were quite a number of good non touristy restaurants in a street café style (pedestrian only street). We had an excellent meal at an Italian restaurant at prices similar to the tourist restaurants along the strip
The bad things? For the first two nights we were on the southern boundary of the property and suffered from the noise of road and the neighbouring hotels entertainment. We were then moved to a very nice apartment in the middle of the site. Note that there are good locations and bad locations.
On the whole both apartment 1 and apartment 2 were "tired" and more run down than expected. The range of equipment was limited and only suitable for very basic self catering. Apartment 1 had a toaster (no kettle as stated). Apartment 2 had kettle but no toaster (before we relocated the one from apartment 1!)
We have a tropical background and can say that this property really does have a problem with ants (both apartments were bad). They are only the little sugar ants and more annoying than anything.
In apartment 2 our heads were on one side of a wall and the toilet for the neighbouring apartment was on the other side – you could hear it all and I do mean it all! It was lucky we kept similar hours.
The downside of the shade around the pool, was that the pool did not warm up very fast and was definitely on the chilly side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s the service that you get from our staff, it’s our luxury facilities, it’s the direct beach access, it’s the hundreds of entertainment activities for your children, and so much more. At the IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village, you’ll have plenty of ways to experience the real meaning of a 5-star holiday. Carry on reading if you’d like to know all the ways that you can relax to your heart’s content with your family in this hotel in Mallorca. À la carte rest. Yes, you read right. In addition to 24-hour reception and comfortable bedrooms to help you have a great night’s sleep, in this hotel with spa in Mallorca, you’ll find a pillow menu with something for everyone: feathers, latex, memory foam or butterfly are just some of the options you can choose from. A world of flavours. Innovative or traditional cuisine, on the beach or by the pool, national or international, with local or exotic produce. Whatever your preferences, at this All Inclusive hotel in Mallorca you’ll always find what you’re looking for, from the local pa amb oli to the freshest nigiri recipes all the way from Japan. Touch the sky. In Playa de Muro, you’ll find dunes, fine sand and crystal-clear water just steps from your hotel. If you head towards the beach closest to Alcudia, you’ll find the perfect area to fly colourful kites with your children, or to watch bolder types reaching for the sky while practising kitesurfing. Luxury rest. The SPA Sensations at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village is synonymous with relaxation and tranquillity. Forget the outside world when you step into the jet shower, sauna or the Turkish bath, or discover over 20 massages and body and facial treatments that will leave your body on cloud nine. The fun starts here. Children play at being a top chef for the day, or dress up as a prince or princess making their own crowns in the Miniclub. And you? At the same time, you can seize the opportunity to enjoy a fruit sorbet on the sun lounger by the pool, or practise sports like tennis, aqua gym, Pilates or cycling. Pack your bag. Yours and your children’s, because there’s lots to discover in Mallorca! Close to the hotel, you can spot sea birds and discover the unspoilt landscapes of the S’Albufera Natural Park or take a trip back in time exploring the ruins of the Roman city of Pol·lèntia. 312 kilometres of fun for cycling enthusiasts. The Tramuntana mountains, Alcudia or the sea front at Palma are a few of the places you can get to know from your saddle. Don’t miss routes like the Mallorca 312 or any of the perks on offer at this hotel: bike storage, workshop, bike hire and everything you can imagine for those who live life on two wheels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Iberostar, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Village Hotel Playa De Muro
- Playa De Muro Iberostar
- IBEROSTAR Playa De Muro Village Majorca