“Recommended”
Review of RidersRest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Treignac
RidersRest
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for an overnight stop during our tour of France. Our welcome couldn't have been more friendly and Wendy soon had the kettle on for that all important cuppa. We stayed in the attic room which was great although be careful of the low beam but we didn't have a problem. Our evening meal and breakfast were great as was the bar area with darts and juke box and tv if required. Tony has a vast knowledge of the area and was a great host. We would stop again definitely recommend if your in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Sue574

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Following the wettest ride i have known in my forty plus years of motortcycling, my friend and I arrived at Riders Rest in the late afternoon.Before i had chance to dismount from the bike ,Tony was stood next to me asking if I would like a coffee or a beer.
This was how it continued through our short stay. The hospitality was first class, a special thankyou to Wendy who fed us in fine style and not forgetting the Pouch which was equally as pleased to greet us. A great pity about the weather but the journey was worth while, we continued with our ride the following day further south and eventually into Switzerland.
Non stop rain throughout this tour did not dampen our spirits. Wendy and Tony brightend up a dull day for us. Many thanks we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank philip b
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was a bit sceptical about riding so far, however on my first ride out that was put to bed. The roads are sublime to rag and to say it was well worth the 9hr ride down there would be an understatement!!
Tony is able to take you out on rides or give you routes of your own, I recommend paying for his services at least once as his knowledge of the area is pretty damn good. He knows all the best roads and the speed to ride them, also the locations to stop that are off the beaten track with good views etc.
Wendy and Tony are the perfect hosts, the food is wholesome and the best roast duck I have ever had. The rooms are clean and well presented, with a fridge full of beer in the snug and near the patio, what more could you want......
This is not the only time I will visit. I will deffo be back, but will take an overnight on the way down.
I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PrawnIni
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I can only echo what others have said about the Rider's Rest. I found it by recommendation on a different website for which I am very grateful.

The facilities are tailored specifically towards motorcyclists whether they be staying for a night on the way to somewhere else or using it as a base as I did.

The hosts: Tony and Wendy have created a very welcoming set up, are great company and provide equally good food. Tony is a mine of information regarding interesting routes and places to see.

In short if you're in the area, give them a call and stop off.

Room Tip: There is wifi but it is limited due to the physical location of the buildings
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ehillier1975
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I can only agree with the large majority of other reviews.This was my second visit and i would not have returned had it not been excellent. I thought it was brilliant first time and that it could not get better.Well it did.With the conversion of the old pig sty into a bar.Not your usual bar but one with a fridge full of free beer.(If your half board). The food was excellent and our hosts could not have been better. If you are on a bike trip this IS the place to stop.Brilliant roads and perfect accommodation all at the right price.I hope to return as i cannot get enough of the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter O
Reviewed 20 September 2012

If you Ride a Motor Bike, Like good food, Beer and Wine, If you enjoy good bike riding roads. If you do not wish to cook for yourself but just ride bikes then this is the place for you. Your hosts, Tony and Wendy are wonderful people who know about riding, eating and the needs of their guests.
Well worth a visit if you need to include this area in your route or just a good destination for a few days. This is my second visit and they have improved their setup by renovating an old outbuilding and making it into a meeting/ drinking/ darts/ reading/ music area... Top job.

Room Tip: The Bunk room is for 9 people so if there is a snorer you will need ear plugs. The other rooms are d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martin F
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Myself and two friends planned a 1300 mile round trip to treignac and back to manchester over 4 days. (hard work!)
we got to the riders rest at around 6pm after a full day of motorway and payage and was greeted by tony and directed into the garage where we stored the bikes safely for the night.
after being shown round the rooms we chilled out with a couple of beers and a 3 course homemade meal which was fantasticly cooked by wendy.
The riders rest is set in the quiet hillside in treignac and has amazing veiws over the valley.
The next day tony took us on a guided ride to orador sur blaine, a town that was attacked by the germans in 1944.
Wow, that man can ride!!! fantastic twisty roads through some great scenery.
if your a real rider wanting to ride some fantastic roads, get yourself down there an tiny will point you in the right direction.
The outdoor pool was a very welcoming sight after a good ride.
we are hoping to make this an annual thing but over a week.

To sum up:
Great place to stay! Great food, great banter, great value, spot on!
Thanks for the great time tony and wendy!

Room Tip: Going with mates and don't mind sharing with others, the club room is fine. Ear plugs needed if...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treignac
Mercure Correze la Seniorie Hotel
Les Roulottes Des Monedieres
VVF Villages Nedde
VVF Villages Nedde
#1 of 2 in Nedde

Been to RidersRest? Share your experiences!