“You HAVE to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of RidersRest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Treignac
RidersRest
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“You HAVE to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here on our return home from 2 weeks touring, our first trip away 2 up on our bike...it was a brilliant experience. as 2 women bikers we were welcomed by Tony and Wendy and the other bikers staying there. we laughed so much during our evening stay, we had a great meal, evening company and good sleep. As new bikers it was a treat and Tony even programmed our satnav to our next stop. This has to be a definite stopover...or, as we did, a detour for a stopover...Go! or you miss out on one of life's great experiences! Thanks Tony and Wendy x

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ustwo3

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Porth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Recently returned from another top trip to Ridersrest!
Once again, upon arrival we were greeted by Tony and Wendy and once parked up in the garage was shown to our room before being introduced to a very inviting fridge full of cold beer. This time we decided to opt for the club room, we were very lucky that we were the only two in there but no doubt it would have been equally as good if it was full. Everything as usual was top notch, the atmosphere, the company and the food! We were there for 2 days and Tony was very helpful in recommending and downloading two suitable rides onto my satnav, which we thoroughly enjoyed. I've always been a huge fan of the Pyrenees but as each year passes I always think to myself, why bother riding all the way down there when there is mile after mile of excellent, traffic free tarmac, with breathtaking scenery right here in the middle, and combining this with Tony's expertise you just can't go wrong!!
Thanks once again guys for a fantastic experience,you know we'll be back soon.

Darren & Gary

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for an overnight stop during our tour of France. Our welcome couldn't have been more friendly and Wendy soon had the kettle on for that all important cuppa. We stayed in the attic room which was great although be careful of the low beam but we didn't have a problem. Our evening meal and breakfast were great as was the bar area with darts and juke box and tv if required. Tony has a vast knowledge of the area and was a great host. We would stop again definitely recommend if your in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Sue574
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Following the wettest ride i have known in my forty plus years of motortcycling, my friend and I arrived at Riders Rest in the late afternoon.Before i had chance to dismount from the bike ,Tony was stood next to me asking if I would like a coffee or a beer.
This was how it continued through our short stay. The hospitality was first class, a special thankyou to Wendy who fed us in fine style and not forgetting the Pouch which was equally as pleased to greet us. A great pity about the weather but the journey was worth while, we continued with our ride the following day further south and eventually into Switzerland.
Non stop rain throughout this tour did not dampen our spirits. Wendy and Tony brightend up a dull day for us. Many thanks we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank philip b
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was a bit sceptical about riding so far, however on my first ride out that was put to bed. The roads are sublime to rag and to say it was well worth the 9hr ride down there would be an understatement!!
Tony is able to take you out on rides or give you routes of your own, I recommend paying for his services at least once as his knowledge of the area is pretty damn good. He knows all the best roads and the speed to ride them, also the locations to stop that are off the beaten track with good views etc.
Wendy and Tony are the perfect hosts, the food is wholesome and the best roast duck I have ever had. The rooms are clean and well presented, with a fridge full of beer in the snug and near the patio, what more could you want......
This is not the only time I will visit. I will deffo be back, but will take an overnight on the way down.
I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PrawnIni
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

I can only echo what others have said about the Rider's Rest. I found it by recommendation on a different website for which I am very grateful.

The facilities are tailored specifically towards motorcyclists whether they be staying for a night on the way to somewhere else or using it as a base as I did.

The hosts: Tony and Wendy have created a very welcoming set up, are great company and provide equally good food. Tony is a mine of information regarding interesting routes and places to see.

In short if you're in the area, give them a call and stop off.

Room Tip: There is wifi but it is limited due to the physical location of the buildings