Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
1,817 results
All reviewsla salasea fire salttree houseprivate poollagoon villainfinity barsalt restaurantturtle villagebath saltsoutdoor bathtubour honeymoonbeach bagcoffee clubthe general managerseafoodday bedhappy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Perfect in every way! We loved our room very private room that backed to the lagoon. We took long afternoon naps in the pool cabana and ate amazing food. The only day we left our Villa was for the superb scuba diving arranged by the hotel. We still talk about how this was our favorite holiday and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: A room that backs to the lagoon. Very private!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I had a chance to try the signature restaurant called "Sea Fire Salt" restaurant. They said it s the must to visit. So I give it a try. Since I ve been there, I am sure that I made the right decision. The restaurants located near the beach. You can sit indoor and outdoor. I decided to sit outside. The restaurant atmosphere is great. The staffs are professional and helpful. Even the restaurant is quite full. But the staffs always walk around and check on guest feedback. They are very proactive and have a good product knowledge to recommend the menu including the promotion of the day. With departure, they offer me the buggy to send me to the Hotel's lobby without asking. I found it very impressive. While I were waiting for the buggy, the staffs came to check few times and apology on waiting which I make me feel that they care about the guests.

Next day I came to have a dinner at "La Sala" restaurant as I've been approached by the hostess on the night before. She recommended me to come back to visit the restaurant and inform me the promotion on the next day. The restaurant atmosphere is fantastic. I sit inside and try the Italian set menu. The food taste is so good. The price is reasonable with the quality of food and services. I'm sure the staffs have been trained well as they are very professional, helpful and proactive.

This is very great dinging experiences and I'm sure that I ll come back again and don't hesitate to recommend friends to visit.

Stayed: October 2556
1  Thank nungningnarak
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I loved this hotel! From the moment we were picked up at the airport until we checked out everything was perfect! We loved our villa and the feeling like we were really in nature but just a few short steps away was the beach. The food was delicious! We also really enjoyed the couples massage! The only downfall is this hotel is really in the middle of nowhere. We were a little disappointed that there weren't many restaurants to eat at outside of the hotel and we didn't love the Marriott restaurants next door. However, since this was the first part of our trip we didn't mind relaxing and the tranquility. This hotel is as good as a Four Seasons and I highly recommend it for couples. I don't think this is a place for children.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lauren g
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Since the arrival until the departure, people were so kind, accomodations are just perfection; the 3 restaurants offer a variety of delicious food. Enjoy your time having a breakfest at Sala restaurant; Mou is lovely, and if you're a lucky guy, Prae will cook you a goodbye pankake!!!
Spend some time chating with Cookie at the reception and laughing with Cherry, just cause life's good! Ding will make you feel so confortable that the swimming pool becomes a detail. Unforgetable experience!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ValterAguiar
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had stayed at this resort along with my wife and two sons. The property was excellent and the rooms were really beautiful leading into a plunge pool within the room boundary itself. The service was also excellent. The breakfast spread was extensive and me and my family had a wonderful time during our stay. We also enjoyed the main hotel pool immensely although the beach was a little rocky.
My only and biggest complaint with the resort is that there is a table for an Anantara Club in the reception area itself which you pass on your way to the restaurants or on your way out of the resort and each time you pass the area, the sales lady for the club intrudes asking you to become a member of the club. After the initial few times, it became a major irritant. I would have given the hotel a higher rating if not for this irritant which completely spoilt my mood each time I passed the reception area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family