We had an overall good 5 day stay at the Anantara Villas recently. The property is beautiful and we greatly enjoyed our private villa with its own private pool and many amenities designed to make our stay absolutely wonderful. It was great to just get out of bed, open the door and jump into the pool. The staff was AMAZING and they all went out of their way to make our stay special. My wife and I are vegans, and the staff went above and beyond what we expected to be sure that our meals were satisfying and that we had plenty of choices. They even made us "special" breakfast entrees each morning, in spite of the fact that we probably had enough choices already on the huge breakfast buffet. The pool and beach were both amazingly beautiful. Nearby restaurants at the adjacent resorts were also a plus.
The only thing that made our stay less than "5 star" was the noise factor. The villas are placed a little close together and most are duplex units. In spite of the privacy of our villa, we had to complain multiple times about overly noisy neighbors. The staff was helpful, but it still was frustrating at times and made it hard to just relax and enjoy ourselves. We had assumed this resort was mostly a "couples resort" or "honeymoon resort" where we could easily relax and unwind based on the reviews we had read and the overall appearance and marketing of the resort, but it is NOT! Apparently, many families consider this a Kid's resort with private "kiddie pools" as there were noisy and boisterous children everywhere! We had to leave the main pool area on several occasions because of the noise factor, and we were often upset by the constant crying and screaming children all around us. On most days, we had a hard time relaxing in our private pool, reading, or just napping (standard vacation activities for us) because of the noise. Just be aware that you will have the private pool and beautiful room and amenities you pay for, but this is not a place of peace and solitude for couples when you consider going there for your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas