First thing I want to say was the service at this hotel was exceptional. Everyone was very friendly and approchable. Really made our stay happy and memorable. makes a big difference.
Upon arrival, we were well greeted, had a drink and cold towel. The process was smooth and quick... done at our villa too.
We had the pool villa which was one of the closest to the beach and hotel pool. It was also less than a minute away from the lobby/breakfast place. The rooms were spacious and the pool was amazing, there is also this little hut/sala next to our pool (where the minibar is). It was a really nice getaway, relaxing villa. Privacy is high, there's an outdoor tub and shower which was also a nice touch. Even though there were afternoon rain showers during this season, we still enjoyed chilling in the sala outside because we wanted to make the most out of the Villa.
We tried the hotels pool food and that was quite delicious, the thai food mainly. What I liked the most was the big sunbeds which were so comfortable to lay in. The service at the pool was exceptional too, they came to check on us regularly and help us adjust the Sun umbrella if we needed to.
The only thing I'd say which were a bit of a downside was the food was slightly too expensive even for hotel standards. Although, the staff was helpful and advised us that there is Turtle village a minute away which had a few shops and coffee shop, restaurant as alternatkcw oprions. We went there a few times because the price of that food is better value. Despite the prices, it would have been nice to have one or two more restaurant choices in the Hotel. I heard they were renovating an area, perhaps there should've been another one.
Another thing is their insects and mosquitoes. Think it's because of the lagoon and the greenary around and so they have quite a few mosquitoes. They do have regular spraying around the Hotel I believe but I think because of how much greenary there is around it's inevitable that there will be some. So make sure you spray some if you're sitting outdoor. Considering the nice landscape around I think it compensates for this downside. So I'm fine with it, just make sure you spray some repellent from time to time.
The service at the restaurants, room service were all superb. Staff was friendly and would chat with us and make sure everything was OK thoughout our stay and our meals. Everyone remembered our names and efficiency is high. cannot emphasise this anymore.
Conclusion is I would definitely recommend this hotel for a romantic or relaxing stay at a resort. Service definitely the best I've experienced. Really nice pool Villa!
Thank you Anantara team for making it a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas