My family recently spent 15 nights Anantara Phuket Villas and absolutely loved this property. I am glad that we chose the one property for such a long period, as i would have had real trouble leaving the place if i had just booked a standard 4-5 nights.
The villas are spacious and well set out with everything you expect from a good hotel. The beds are amazing - Super King Size and so comfortable. Rooms have cookies, coffee and fruit refreshed daily, and also contained a selection of toiletries, mosquito lotion, bath salts, etc.
The star attraction of these villas, however, is the private pool and sala area, which was the main reason that this trip was so relaxing. There is something special about having a private pool that is accessible at all hours of the day and night for your personal use. We booked this property in the anticipation that this would be a great feature and we were not disappointed. Many days we spent the entire day in the pool. As a professional who spends most of my long days at a desk or in meetings, this was absolutely what I needed from a holiday.
Service at the hotel was fantastic - from check-in/out, to restaurants, room service, babysitting, local experience and concierge were amazing. Special mention to Gobie who did an amazing job taking care of every detail of all activities that i wanted to arrange for my family. At times it felt like the whole resort was there for me, and a lot of this is down to the staff who went out of their way to accommodate every request.
We ate at the main restaurant (La Sala) each day for breakfast, as well as a couple of lunches and dinner. Food was very nice, and service great. Every day after breakfast staff would give my son baskets of bread to feed the ducks and fish in the lagoon - something he looked forward to every day. We also had Dining by Design in the Wine Tasting Room, which was an indulgence, and my wife's favourite memory of the trip. The Treehouse cocktail lounge was a great place to spend the twilight hours enjoying a cocktail.
The spa was under renovation during our stay, however we were able to get a massage at the temporary spa, set up in a villa on the property. The change in location was hardly noticeable, however the new spa does look great.
I also did a cooking class which was highly enjoyable.
There is a gym and kids club, which we never really used, as well as a massive pool for all guests to use at the beach entrance to the property.
Another aspect to this property are the pushbikes freely available for getting around the property. Another small touch that really adds to the charm and enjoyment of the overall experience.
There are many restaurants to choose from, including at the hotel, in the neighboring hotels, as well as at the Turtle Village shopping centre. Bill Bentley's Bar was a favourite, and was pleasingly more of a family bistro than a full blown pub. The menu is very diverse and good value, there are heaps of games for kids to play, live sport is showing constantly and the restaurant/pub itself is very clean. Clientele were predominantly families during our visit. There is also a mini mart at the Turtle Village which is great for beer, snacks, bread, toiletries, etc.
Location is good as it is a short trip to the airport, but is about 40 mins to Phuket Town and a bit longer to Patong, Karon, etc. The hotel arranged for our transport, and helped us select appropriate operators for other activities when on our day trips.
The management team are a constant presence in the hotel, mingling with guests at breakfast and assisting us regularly with queries. It is a really nice touch, and just adds to the feeling that we are valued guests. Overall this was a wonderful family holiday, and I would highly recommend to anyone prioritising relaxation and privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelbag and TravelUp so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas