I was fortunate to book this hotel for six nights using Marriott points, and my husband and I were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a 1BR pool villa upon our arrival. The villa itself was beautiful - architecturally interesting, clean lines and modern finishes, and comfortable amenities. The most amazing feature was the small private pool with walkouts directly from the living area and the bathroom - perfect for a quiet early morning or late night soak! The grounds themselves are rather large, and our villa in particular was on the outskirts, so it was a bit of a walk to get to the pool, restaurants, beach, etc. - not a big deal for us, but it might be for some, though there are golf cart drivers to take you around the hotel.
About the hotel: The hotel itself is beautiful, with lovely and well thought out details. The Thai restaurant was delicious. It's a bit on the pricey side (of course, being in a hotel), but the curries were excellent.The beach was not safe to swim every day due to the high surf and dangerous waves, but it was always a lovely spot to catch the sunset. On a rare calm day, the hotel provided stand-up paddleboards, which was a cool way to float around on the ocean. The pool area was a great place to relax - poolside with a tasty drink, or simply soaking in the tub with the jets. On the beach off the hotel property (and unaffiliated, I assume) was an area that offered $14 thai massages - what a deal!
The only potential downside is the location of the hotel on Phuket Island. As other reviews have mentioned, it is rather far from any bustling town or nightlife, so plan your transportation carefully.The hotel transport worked well - be sure to book a round trip transfer if you plan on going to Patong. Other hotel guests had told us that it was difficult and more expensive to try to get a ride back while in Patong, due to the distance. Closer to the hotel, be sure to use the hotel bikes to go to Turtle Village (right next to the other Marriott resorts) and pick up a few things at the market. There are also some other resorts and small restaurant/laundry service shacks nearby, but not much else. Definitely take advantage of the resort's excursion offerings to see more than just the resort (Koh Phi Phi is a must!).
The hotel staff was amazing. We were always welcomed warmly (especially by some of the breakfast staff who we saw quite regularly), and everyone was eager to help or offer any suggestions on where to go and what to see. All in all, we had a fantastic stay in Phuket, and I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao