I chooose to stay here 2-nights before heading back to Singapore because it is exquisite and cost but I'm wrong. I wrote this review with my phone because the resort WIFI does t like me!
Arrival .....despite only a hand carry luggage, the bell captain choose not to see it when I unboard from the land transfer.
Check in .... Lobby decor looks great. The welcome drink - Ginger up, is good and also available in the outlet. It was serve after my blood boiled because of the slow check-in. Was asked again for all the details which is available in my rewards card profile. The preferrence in the profile is also not pay attention by the hotel. Was given many publicilty papers during the check in....why not try giving it in a guidebook?
Room #124 .... Ground floor. Was not told upon check in that the door key is EXTREMELY SENSITIVE with phone and will malfunction if contacted. Have to walk up and down few times before I was told by the receptionist the actual reason.
My room is surrounded by renovation sound which spoil my entire mood.....THAT WAS NOT TOLD TO ME UPON CHECK IN. I was told being a reward member, I was assigned to a room near the beach so sweet!!
No vacant room available is the reason when asking the resort for relocation. Their upselling skill is great.
Pointless being a member!
Room interior and amenity .... Room is spacious and comfortable. I like the complimentaey jar of local sweets. Minibar items is inexpensive. Have both bathtub and standing shower in the washroom. But the tap is leaking! Hot water shower is available. The room window curtain should be open .... There is a great different when the room has the window curtain shut. Slipper is available in the room in case you left yours at home.
WIFI .... Doesn't work for my phone and laptop. Have to you my telecom provider.
Restaurants .... Used only the all day dining. Breakfast spread is extensive and good!!!! Don't put solo traveler in the middle of family dining zone - 4 groups of family with infant surrounded me!
The lounge bar ... Nice atmosphere. I like the complimentary drink bites.
Infinity pool .... It's great and by the beach.
Beach .... Don't bother.
Shuttle bus service between the resort to Marriott is available in certain timing, but no employee at the front desk have clue on their sister properties but their sister's employee can list and describe to me at their venue!
Thank you for giving me the 1st and also the last experience of renaissance.
Take it positively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao