Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$460
US$383
US$502
US$245
Marriott
US$294
Marriott
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$101
US$466
Hotels.com
US$632
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$192
Coriacea Boutique Resort(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$79
1,186 results
All reviewspool access roomkids suitepesto restaurantkids eat freetea tree spakids clubpool barball pitbunk bedsmai khao beachmovie nightcentral festivalwalk along the beachquiet beachkids menulocal restaurantsthai food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We are just finishing 6 nights at this hotel. Wow, I cannot recommend it enough! We had not arranged for transportation from the airport, just figured we would take a taxi. However, a fella from the Holiday Inn was there. So we asked him if he could arrange a taxi for us. He settled on a price with a driver (maybe from the hotel, I don't know really). It was a fair price, we jumped in and within 15 minutes we were in front of the hotel. We were greeted with a cool towel and juice. Our bags were collected (not wanting us to lift a finger, which seems to be their motto), and we were brought to our room location in a little golf cart type vehicle. The room is very large overlooking the courtyard garden. We didn't get a room with the pool that runs the length of the building, but they looked very nice. At night I see folks swimming the length of the pool. Personally, I would rather not have people swimming right in front of our window. I would like to walk out the door and be able to swim, so it is whatever you like. The room is very modern, has free wi fi (throughout the whole hotel, even the pool areas), has a refrigerator, a lot of storage, wonderful linenes, soft and firm pillows, large!!! walk in shower which has a rain and hand held shower heard, soaps etc, coffee maker, a safe, 2 robes and slippers and a separate room where the toilet is. Every room has a large deck with a couch, table and clothes drying rack. The staff is wonderful. Their desire is to not let you do anything. From reception, to maids, landscapers, concierge, restaurant staff, pool folks, well you get the idea, all had smiles, all wanted to help. The location of the hotel is remote as has been said before. If you want to shop, party, do tourist trap type things, this is not the place for you. If you want to feel totally relaxed, be pampered, have peace and quiet, sign up. The hotel has a shuttle that leaves three times a day or so that will take to into crazy Patong Beach or a shopping mall near Patong. It takes at least one hour each way. We did that once, but longed to get back to our oasis. We are usually not sit around the pool people, but this pool area is so beautiful that we have spent many hours there this last week. Even had milk shakes at the swim up bar. From 5-7 pm is happy hour, 2 for 1. The beach is just beyond the pool. In between there is a row of trees that give continuous shade if you need a break from the hot Thailand sun. All day folks pull out their free lounge chairs under these trees. The beach in front of the hotel is beautiful!!!! Few people sprinkled here and there. We floated in the ocean, which was room temperature. No snorkeling, as it is all sand. The pool has loungers that are set in part of the pool. The pool has area for the little ones that is connected to the deeper part. Many families were there with their children, enjoying the pool. There is also a kids club, and the kids under 12 eat free I hear. Yes some of the food options are expensive. We didn't eat breakfast brunch, but in the little store in the hotel, you can get bakery and espresso type coffee. Attached to that area is a pool table, library, video library (free), video games. We ate at the pool for dinner, had the happy hours drinks (smoothies) and paid about $22.00 for a appetizer and pizza. Very good. There are two local restaurants right next to the hotel (go north). The Seaside has very good local Thai food. The Marriot, a 40 minute walk has a nice bakery and deli. Another posting said it was to the south, which is wrong, it is to the north (or turn right when you are looking at the beach). We found the bakery at the Holiday Inn to be just as good however, but if you want a walk, it is a good place to go. Three nights a week they show movies outside. You can sit in the loungers or lay on one of the bed in the courtyard, nice touch. My husband used one of the bikes they loan out (first hour is free). The exercise room has a lot to offer and is a beautiful view when you are working out. We didn't use the spa, but it offered a full line of services, in a beautiful setting. So if you really want to get away from it all, be pampered at a beautiful resort this gets all my votes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have less direct sun, cooler balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank m_l_koch
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Wow! Thank you so much for the most detailed and amazing review. I and the team know you spent a lot of time writing this review and we are so humbled by your comments, kind words and great details. Maybe we need you to help write some of our collateral! In all seriousness you have summed up the resort, the team, and the facilities so well. From the arrival experience, the rooms, the food and beverage and the many activites it is hard for us to say more except we cannot wait for you to come back and thank you personally for the nice cooments.

Have a most wonderful remaining 2012 and see you soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Lovely hotel, great rooms but one week is enough. You are in the middle of nowhere but good place to chill out. Good food but a bit over priced…breakfast lovely

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Guest Relation M

Thank you very much for your review. So happy that you enjoyed your week in the resort and were able to rest and relax. I believe the isolation and pristine location does wonders for those who want to revitalise.

See you in the resort again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed there last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Took my parents for a short break whilst they were visiting me in Bangkok. Great selection on the buffet, wonderful cocktails by the pool which was also great for the kids. Took a day trip to phi phi island which we booked from the hotel and although the hotel is isolated and off the main tourist bit of the island it was not a major mission to get to the harbour.
Considering the hotel has only recently opened they are doing a great job of taking care of guests. Add to this the super clean and modern rooms with an enormous rain shower in the bathroom and I recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone who needs a short break and some down time.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thanks so much Dr Steve for staying inthe resort and bringing the family. Our team has seen your feedback and thank you for taking the time to put all of your comments. Our bartenders love mixing those cocktails especially during happy hour and even more so the mocktails for the kids. Isolation = Chill and we are happy we got that formula right for you and your family. I hope when you have time to get back to Phuket you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We booked this resort because we wanted to away from the madness of Patong and the other more established resort areas. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed (we had a terrace room which was great). Both restuarants are good without being spectacular, but breakfast was excellent. The pool was very lovely, but the service from the pool side bar left a little to be desired - staff were friendly but we frequently had to go looking for our drinks, and the beer was only just cold. By far the best feature was the absolute beachfront locaation - lounging on a deck chair or day bed under the Casuarina Pines looking over the ocean was about as relaxing as life can get.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms with terrace close to the pool are the best vaalue.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shane W

Dear Shane, Thanks for the excellent review and so happy you loved both the location of the resort along with the rooms and facilities. We do have a great team and thank you for mentioning this. However we know we have to lift the game at the pool bar and agree with your comments. Assuring you the training is ongoing so we get the consistency everytime.

Look forward to you returning again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed in plenty hotel rooms in my life and most of the time, I am unable to get the "homey" feeling in the rooms where I stayed.
At Holiday Inn Mai Khao, the feeling is truly a beautiful home away from home. being greeted by the warm and friendly staff compensated for the long trip to get to the hotel. We almost spent 14 hours in transit and airport to get to the hotel. There was a feeling of serenity in the surrounding allowing one to feel relaxed after
The thing I enjoyed in my stay was the wonderful sleep experience. The bed was not too soft nor to hard as well as the pillows. The temperature in the room was just right to give me comfy sleep.
One thing more I enjoyed was the shower experience , water temp as well as the pressure is just right to provide the right experience.
Furthermore, going into J's Cafe and Pesto restaurant turned out to be just right. The food was cooked and served nicely and the serving was just right and most importantly it was priced reasonably. I really enjoyed the soup station, I made sure to have soup at all times we had meals in the cafe.
My overall feeling for the hotel was like it was my "home away from home" during the 5 days I was in Phuket. Would I come back next time, I will surely be back but maybe next time with my husband and family so I can enjoy and bask in the sun!

Room Tip: rooms with the verandah is really nice in enjoying the sunrise and the sunset!:)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Heart1210

Dear friend from Philippines. We are delighted to have got your review and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for calling us your home! This is a great comment and touches the feelings of all our team as they want everyone to feel this way and feel comfortable in our resort. I treat my team like family and hope they treat all our guests the same. You kind words on the room and well as the restaurants has been given to the team and they look forward to you returning with the entire family so we can take care of your kids.

Thanks again.. Salamat po!