This hotel is beautiful and the service is great. However, there are a few minor areas in which the hotel can improve.
Firstly, while there is a great range of foods in the hotel the price is very expensive compared to the rest of Thailand. Luckily I had already paid for bed and breakfast.
Secondly it took a while to check in and the lack of English skills at the check in desk proved to be a barrier which slowed down check in time (I'm not sure the staff knew what they were doing).
Thirdly, after spending a week at the hotel we checked out in the morning and left our luggage waiting until our 9:30pm pick up. We then asked if we could still use the shuttle bus to get us to the shopping centre in the day so we weren't stuck at the hotel waiting, and we were told that as we were no longer guests we could not use the shuttle bus. Ironically we then went to the concierge desk and booked the shuttle bus anyway. It was still frustrating to be told we weren't able to use it after spending a week at their hotel.
Finally, the shuttle bus service only operates 3 times a day with the latest time to leave the shopping mall, whilst still being able to catch the shuttle bus, was around 5:30pm. This isn't great if you want to stay out for your evening meal.
If you don't want to spend all of your money at the hotel I advise you try one of the local restaurants. If you exit the front of the hotel and turn right, around the corner are a few shacks which were O.K - nothing special but much cheaper and filled the gap. There is also another restaurant as you go on the beach - turn right and around the corner is a restaurant which is a little better than the shacks and serves a few comfort foods and cocktails.
Overall the rooms are clean and new, the beach is very quiet and the sea clear. A good stay with a few niggles which are easy to correct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort