Overall our stay was okay, but as other reviewers have said it is really a resort to park yourself and not go anywhere as it is far from everything and very cost prohibitive to get anywhere by taxi, so unless you have a hire car you are sort of stuck there. It depends on what you are looking for in your holiday, we just weren't expecting the really high taxis and transfer rates.
The biggest let down at the resort was the food quality and service. Granted it probably is their busiest time of the year, but in general the food and service was poor. The buffet's were of average quality, especially their night time ones. The seafood night buffet at 1099 plus plus, was a let down as the variety and quality of the seafood wasn't good, not what you would expect from a resort such as this in Thailand, and given the number of people staying at the resort at the time, they could afford to put on a good buffet, where as it more looked liked they were trying to save money.
The service from the staff was average, I think perhaps they were understaffed given the number of guests, they tried but it wasn't anywhere good enough. Also the resort didn't seemed to have planned their dinning well, with moderate ques of people waiting for seating at breakfast on most days.
Finally our friends had a very negative experience with their room, having bugs of some sort biting them during the night. The reception staff were unwilling to acknowledge that there was a problem and my friends had to ask them to change the sheets and mattress 3 times. It was obvious that it was bugs in the room (weither they were " bed bugs" or not) as they were eaten 2 nights in a row, went to bed with no bites and woke up with many. The resort told them that they couldn't possibly be getting bitten in the night and that they must be bites from the ocean.
!A basic hospitality rule that the Holiday In failed miserably in, if a guest makes a reasonable request just do it, and don't belittle them, and say they are wrong and dismiss their issues. !
We won't return to the resort anytime soon, given the rates you pay for the rooms, the service and food quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort