The review below called "Great accommodation but far from the action” by duex_fils on Sep 23, 2009 is an accurate reflection of our holiday experience at this resort as well. The only points I'd add are:
- we hired a car which allowed our family more freedom for sightseeing and getting groceries from Tesco,
- we didn't end up touring around Phuket that much as there was enough to do at the resort or the tours provided transfers,
- we missed having local resturants set on the beach like other resorts, but at the very southern end past the Out of the Blue bar there is a massage tent and very small bar and 'cafe' run by a family. Their Thai food was great and a fraction of the cost of the resort food (I had 4 meals without "issues").
- we're also did an exchange with Interval International and sat through the 90 minute Marriott Vacation Club presentation for 2 free tickets to FantaSea (it was worth our time),
- the kids club came in handy when it rained. For 900 baht kids can do circus training which our son greatly enjoyed.
Having been there and now knowing where everything is, we'd go again without hestiation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Phuket Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Phuket Beach Club Hotel Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket Beach Hotel
- Marriott Mai Khao
- Phuket Marriott
- Marriott's Phuket Beach Club Mai Khao