We stayed in Phuket for 10 nights and decided to split between two different hotels. Our first five nights were in the Bang Thao area and the next five nights at this hotel, located north of the Phuket airport. We were well received and check in was smooth. The hotel van that picked us up from the other hotel even had mobile internet access and my kids (14 and 10 yo) were instantly impressed!
We had two interconnected garden view rooms on the ground floor with our own private terrace that led to the hotel gardens. Rooms were nicely appointed, clean and spacious.
The resort is massive - three pools, numerous restaurants (including a well known Japanese restaurant), large gardens, amazing flora and fauna, great staff and an excellent massage centre.
We had breakfast at the hotel and the spread beat the other resort completely. We spent most of our time at the resort. The were many activities to do for everyone. My 14 yo son swam, did stilt walking, tried out scuba diving in the main pool, did the tight rope walk challenge, was trained on Thai kick boxing, did cycling with me, and then played his video games at the kids' cub (a section for teenagers too!).
My 10 yo daughter did many activities at the kids' centre including arts and craft, and cake baking! She joined her brother in swimming, stilt walking and tight rope challenge. She additionally did the circus activity which was fun for her.
Most of the activities are free but some require some fees.
My wife and I joined the kids as much as we could. At other times we sneaked to the massage centre or took strolls in the resort or to the nearby shopping arcade called Turtle Village. i played golf at the nearby Mission Hills Golf Resort (15 minute drive) with discounts from the hotel. Two evenings we hired a taxi out to nearby local restaurants for dinner. We went to Thanoom which is on the mainland across the Sarasin Bridge and by the beach (THB600 taxi - return) and Kindee which is not far from the Sarasin Bridge but on the island side (THB500 taxi return). The taxi waited for us both times.
Good value for money, great staff service and wide activities for everyone. Well done!
If there were any areas for improvement, to have better seating arrangement for breakfast (either a booking system or more spaces at different restaurants), a tat cheaper prices at the restaurants, more cultural shows like the fire show at the main concourse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Fifteen minutes north of the airport, our Phuket resort's grounds comprise 265 spacious rooms including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, full-service Mandara Spa, on-site turtle shelter, shopping arcade, activities-packed kids club including on-site turtle shelter. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao