We have travelled around the world and stayed at numerous luxury hotels and resorts, i.e. ritz carltons and four seasons, and this is definitely one of our favorites. The lobby is exquisite, the service is terrific, the grounds are spectacular, and the beach is incredible. Other reviews have mentioned that the water at the beach is a little rough - which it can be; other days its a little more calm. However, the beach is secluded which makes it just really nice.
There are massages available on the beach - but we wanted a little more privacy and got them in our room for only 100 baht more. Very relaxing!!
The only negative was the lack of non-hotel dining options. Although the hotel restaurants are not terribly expensive, they are a bit on the pricey side. We ate many of our meals at The Coffee Club, located at the Turtle Village center that you can get to by golf cart. Meals there are about half the price of the resort. Other reviews have mentioned the Kim Dee restaurant thats close to the hotel - it actually is not close by. You cannot get there without walking on the main highway which does not have sidewalks, and there are numerous stray dogs which will follow you and bark at you (a bit unnerving). We attempted to walk there, but turned back.
One other thing i would change are the bathrooms. They have those shutter-type doors instead of a hard door and also have similar shutters above the jacuzzi tub, allowing you to open them and watch tv. However, that means that you can hear everything that is going on in the bathroom when you're in the bedroom part. I've seen this setup at other hotels and i've never understood this. No one wants to hear others use the bathroom!!!
All in all, i would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. The grounds, the pool, the beach, the service, and the rooms itself make this a phenomenal hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Twenty minutes north of the airport, our Phuket resort's grounds comprise 265 spacious rooms including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, full-service Mandara Spa, on-site turtle shelter, shopping arcade, activities-packed kids club including on-site turtle shelter. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao