After 2 weeks of experiencing 'big cities', my wife and I were in need of some pampering and relaxation on the last 6 nights of our honeymoon. Sala Phuket certainly did not disappoint.
We had booked a Deluxe Balcony room, but were upgraded to a pool villa on arrival to Sala, which was a lovely touch. The chap that checked us in had 'Trainee' as his name badge...either an unfortunate name for someone in a hotel or, if he was in fact a Trainee member of staff his 'meet and greet' was exceptional. We received the flower bracelets, the iced tea while we checked in and were then escorted to our Villa, which had a bath full of rose petals and two hearts shaped out on the bed. Even being an alpha male I thought that was a nice touch...
The young lad also returned 5 minutes after leaving us with a bunch of flowers for my wife, and on return from the poolside bar that night (we arrived at Sala circa 20:00...) after a couple of cocktails to settle us in there was a bottle of fizz and some chocolates waiting for us in the room.
We were asked what time we wanted the cleaners to come in, we never saw them (in a good way) during our stay, and our room was always was spotless. The turn down service in the evening was very nice, especially enjoyed the fruit drinks that were left.
We were booked into the spa for a 60 minute Thai Massage, the sort of torture that although feels like one of the worst beatings you've ever had, is surprisingly relaxing and satisfying.
The food in the restaurant was superb, I've seen previous reviews about it not being 'cheap', well I cant say I would want to pay for cheap food in a resort like Sala, the quality of the food (we also met the Chef on NYE after he came and introduced himself as we standing by the bar enjoying cocktails and tapas, top guy...) was top drawer. Was the service fast? Not really. Do you want fast service on holiday or do you want to relax? Exactly. The only night that the service could have been a bit sharper was New Years Day, however this happened to fall on the very busy 'rib night', and to be honest if the staff were as hungover as some of the guests were after NYE then I don't blame them for being a bit slower than usual...
NYE was a great night, cocktails and tapas by the pool bar, superb food menu including Lobster and Wagyu Beef Cheeks washed down with some lovely wine, then down to the beach side for more cocktails from the ice bar and finished with some great fireworks.
We booked a trip to Ko Phi Phi which was great fun, and all in all were gutted to leave Sala. It's far away from Patong, thank god, if you really must go then you wont mind travelling a bit, if you don't get to go then go to Blackpool, apparently it's very similar. The only time we really ventured outside of Sala was when we took the bikes to Turtle Village, not much to see but worth a visit to Bill Bentley's for a 'pint'.
All in all, our experience was fantastic, would we go back? Not sure, it might not live up to our experience, but would recommend to friends/family without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort And Spa Mai Khao