“Great Time!”
other traveller has booked this property
Villa Zavier Dining Villa Zavier Dining
Villa Zavier Roof Top Bar
Villa Zavier Office For Guests
Villa Zavier Sun Set
Villa Zavier Glas Elevator
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Hong Kong, China
“Poor service”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

In October I booked the villa.This is the second time of the booking with this villa , Cus I believed with its service.

Sadly ,all the facility is out of order, his (so call) bowling is dysfunctioned, the gym facility is old. Room drainage is ruined. The steam room is not working. Maybe you except all your customers not using such facility but I think this villa was being deceptive. Also, The maintenance of this villa is really poor which is not acceptable to call such villa a new one. Despite all those deceptive facility the attitude of the owner is the most unacceptable.k

I have already told him the number of people will stay in this villa before our arrival but he said he receive nothing and turned out to ask for extra cost right before we leave the villa.
But the truth is he sent me the link of the manager via email and he knew what was happening. However, the owner still needs me pay for the extra which I've have already paid but as I wanted to show my experience someone stated it as a revenge.

Im here just to show my feeling of this unacceptable service also unreasonable comment on me, it is never a revenge comment as I've already paid and that doesn't really matter already.

Maybe my comment is not relevant to some of you guys out there but it really dissapointed me and I'm here just to write my experiences also kindly recommend the owner be

13 Nov 2016
Dear READERS and TRIPADVISOR !

This is the same group as the "review" October 20 "BAD EXPERIENCE"
This group tried to check in a larger number of people than they had paid for and after we discover that and charged them the extra cost the revenge from them started. They was totally satisfied with their stay until we uncovered them, after that this vendetta started all over internet.

Our bowling lane works absolutely great, the villa is in fantastic shape and the gym equipment is not old, the gym is about one years "old" and in perfect condition. The seating in our home theatre as well. Again TripAdvisor, how many reviews is acceptable from one single group ?
I am managing this villa, Villa Zavier, Villa Zamani and Villa Zereno as well. We have been in the business for 7 years and have the best recommendations so I really hope readers doesn´t take any notice about this dishonest people but form their own opinion.

Welcome to our villas !

Johan Hultner
mrwong898
Hong Kong, China
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our short stay with you this weekend. Great hospitality, friendly staff and the villa was beautiful! We will come here for longer period next time! Especially thank you to Win and his team for making our trip amazing!

We will definitely be back!

Michael.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Oct 2016
Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your review, I will notify Win and his team.
As always, special VIP service for returning guests ;-)

Welcome back !

Best//Johan
A TripAdvisor Member
“Zavier heaven on earth !”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Great villa, excellent service and food. Better than I have ever experience before.
Really unforgettable trip to Phuket. Thank you Win and staff for a fantastic stay, see you again soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Oct 2016
Thank you very much Laura for your review. I agree Win and his team is fantastic, hope to see you again in the near future :-)

Best//Johan and the team
orangehea...
HK
“Bad experience!!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

It was really a bad experience to stay in the this villa. We stayed in Villa Zereno last year which is just opposite to this villa with the same owner. It was a very satisfactory experience last year and thus we booked villa Zavier this year specially for the villa facilities especially bowling. To our disappointment, the bowling facilities was not function and the majority of the facilities in the villa is old. The villa manager told us that it was a brand new villa which was just renovated in June last year. The chair in the movie room were torn and even the sewage system in the bathing room was blocked. The staff requested us that two adjacent rooms should not be used at the same time. How ridiculous!!!! On the last day we left the villa, the villa manager request us to pay extra money for extra one person. However, we confirmed the total people stayed to the villa manager with total payment had been settled before going but they did not ask us the extra payment until last day we was leaving. We were very wonder to the payment as the villa manager was not going to give us the receipt of the extra payment until we request him to do so. Overall speaking, it was a very bad experience as compared with last year and I will never come to this villa again!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Oct 2016
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to read your testimonial and a bit upset as well. You are right you stayed in one of our other villas last year and therefor you got a very nice discount from me for your stay this year. We have already discussed this several times by email but I will do it again:

You booked the villa for 13 persons, right ? But when you checked in you was 14 persons, right ? In any villa or hotel in the world you pay for the actual number of guests, right ? I can not understand why you doesn't understand this. Our prices is clearly stated and that the prices is different regarding different number of people. I talked to my villa manager by phone regarding another matter and he just asked me by the way how many persons your group had booked for, I told him 13 persons. He informed me that you are 14 persons and I asked him to charge you for the extra person, USD 75/night. After this you attend to be more aggressive to my villa manager and started to complain about everything. The villa is absolutely not old or in bad condition and I am so sorry that people like you trying to use TripAdvisor as a instrument as a revenge for some self created reasons.

Again, we charge for a certain number of people and if people will try to check in with a larger number of persons we will charge for it, always.

Regards//Johan
Layla F
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Simply stunning villa”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

What an absolutely wonderful stay we've had at Villa Zavier. We went as a family of 14 adults for 9 nights, and were wowed into booking by the fantastic photos we saw online. We were not disappointed. In fact, the photos don't quite do the experience justice.

Aside for the spectacular location, beautiful accommodation and fantastic swimming pool, the staff at the villa are the absolute highlight. Helpful, accommodating, nothing was too much bother for them, and every request greeted with a smile. Mr Win, the property manager, deserves a medal for going above and beyond at every step of the trip. We were so grateful to him for everything he did - organised excursions, made excellent recommendations, and was generally charming and a pleasure to be around.

We could certainly have stayed forever (maybe if we win the lottery?!) Thank you for the most wonderful holiday.

1 Sep 2016
Dear Layla,
Thank you for your great review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and especially your nice worlds about our staff with Mr. Win as our villa manager, he is fantastic.

Hope to see you again in the near future, all the best.

Johan
KG8840
Hong Kong
“Big Mistake for theThird Return”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

It was a mistake returning to the same group of villas. We went to their sister villa next door two years ago and had faced the power outage problem on the day we left. We were told it was due to the construction work of this new villa which caused the power outage problem. I was stupid enough to believe that's the case and took my family of 10 to visit this so call super villa. Upon arrival, we were immediately told that the bowling was down and the manager said they are not liable due to their policy blah blah blah, after expressing my concern, he then offered us to do bowling at one of the Patong beach mall which is more than 30 mins drive away from our villa (obviously we didn’t go). The next day, wifi was gone for the whole day. The third day, power was out for a few hours at mid night. On the last day before we head back home of which we planned to spend the whole day at the villa, there were power outage and fresh water disconnection from before 10am. We were told it could be resumed in about 2 hours. Given we have booked in-villa massage in the afternoon, at around 1:40pm, I texted the manager (as he seldom show himself up!) and asked him to come and update us the condition. He told us they would need to first cut down three trees and he had no idea how soon the problems could be fixed. As there's no power and water supply and we can't even use the bathroom, we decided to cancel the massage and ask him what he would offer us to do. At first he was reluctant to offer anything, just kept telling us repetitively their stupid policy and how difficult was his work and his intention to quit the job…… He even said we were wasting his time to fix the problem! After negotiation for almost an hour, he said he will offer us to go somewhere else for massage and he will cover the cost of THB1,200 per head for that (which is the cost of an oil massage at a decent place like “Let’s Relax” as he was only trying to send us to those very local foot massage place). Obviously it’s not for the sake of money as what happened was driving us crazy and everyone’s mood was completely destroyed. We also didn’t want to make ourselves bagging for refund nor compensation, we just want to have a fair treatment and to be able to enjoy what we have paid. We then traveled back and forth and wasted over 1 hour on transport. I recalled when it happened at the other villa two years ago, the manager there was very helpful and immediately offered reasonable solution and options for us and we all agreed they were trying their best to resolve the problem. But here was not the same, the manager was not helpful, the staff was even worse. Except the chef and the driver who will have a smiling face and proactively offered help, all other staffs were showing us cold stony faces all day long, even didn't greet us in the morning or whatsoever. The service we received from the other villa was great, everything was well taken care of and that’s the reason why we return. (I even wrote a nice review after my 2nd visit). The staff of this villa will only show up during meal time and they will try their very best to push your meal to be done as quickly as possible (e.g. by placing all dishes including the hot ones before anyone has arrived) and will try to take away the plates even if one hasn’t finished without even asking. After the meal, all staff will be there (except again for the manager) washing dishes and making a lot of noise and then they’d be disappeared. Our feeling was like they were just rushing to leave. The staff will leave as soon as the meal was over and no one was there to help (not to mention about servicing) even during day time. The manager seldom showed up and only asked us to text him. It was one of the most horrible experience we had for villa staying in Phuket as well as other regions. We started visiting Phuket from 1998 for almost 10 times now and never did we anticipated any electricity outage and fresh water supply disconnection for all day long (be it hotel, resort or villas). The manager kept saying it's their policy that they are not liable for any of this issues which made things even more irritating. In such circumstances, this villa does not worth claiming itself as luxury nor elite. We paid for what we saw from the internet but we were unable to use those facilities due to power outage or mechanical problem and yet we are not allowed to complain? How on earth should luxury be redefined?
Last but not least, this villa is not wheelchair friendly. Lift stops on pool level (Level 5) with 5 bedrooms but there are steps. Lift to Level 4 is blocked for staff access only and one won’t be able to get through except using the staircase.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
3 Sep 2016
Well well well Serina Lam, here we go again... I am not surprised that this "review" comes from you ! This is the third time (and the last for sure) you visit our villas, you have been complaining a lot after every visit but still coming back. We where honestly chocked that you wanted to return for the third time and even more chocked now over your behavior. You forgot to write that after your last visit you wrote an email to me and threatened me that if I not offered you 50 % discount for your next visit you will write us down at TripAdvisor, which I stupidly agree to offer you that time but not this time and the result is your "review".

You complain about the electric shortage but you forgot to inform that Phuket had the worst thunderstorm and heavy rain ever this year this day and that there was electric short downs all over the island, out of our control. In our case there was 3 big trees that had fall down over the electric popes and cables and with big risk for their safety and lives our staff including Win was helping the electric company in the storm, in the heavy rain to try to repair as soon as possible. Except the electric also internet and water doesn't work as it is run by electric... Win offered you his personal cell phone to use for internet during this hours, you refuse. He offer you to book a room at our cost at the nearby hotel Surin Gate for you to take a shower, you refuse etc. etc. etc.

I gladly accept constructive criticism but when you write as you do about our staff I have to protest, all this is simply a big lie. Our staff in our three villas is the most lovely and service minded people anyone can ask for, I am so proud of them. Win and his team more or less turn them inside out to fulfill all our guests wishes.

I ask our villa manager Mr. Win to give a comment about your "review"
and this is his answer:

Dear Boss,

I and all our staff are so sorry about this feedback from Khun Serina.

She really angry with us and most details what she said is so to say true if we look in customer side but in reality it is of course another story.

Seem they not happy since they arrive because is not so easy for her mother with wheelchair.

1.Complain bowling,
During this time the bowling lane was out of order.
I offer them to use every room in the villa free of charge even the rooms they not paid for and we pay for game fee in Jungceylon if they would play bowling but she refuse.

2.Complain for Laundry they want for free they said last time was free.
I check with Khun Lina in Zamani and Khun Kit in Zereno and they both confirmed last time they paid as usual.

3.Complain for Massage price.
I negotiated with the massage company and they/I offer them 25% discount even massage is very cheap from beginning.

4.For internet I check with other villa and call TOT to fix
I offer them to use WIFI from my mobile but they not use, she refuse and say will go out now.

5. Electric power this is make every one unhappy They ask me how long.
I said lets me check pls normally 1-2 hours.
I went down and meet electrician staff from PIA and they show me 3 tree have to cut the trees because over the cables and popes. Very risky and dangerous work in the thunderstorm but we did our best to solve quickly for Khun Serina..
PIA said if we not cut they can not turn on the power. I call khun Dong and khun Dong send more staff to cut the trees in the rain.
During this customer keep ask the staff many many time how long and where is Win and ask to come and see them now all the staff feel bad with situation when I back they ask what I can do for them, money refund, anything complimentary and more.
I wet and scare because the heavy thunder and rain. Three off guests just try to ask refund money back, nobody care me what I doing.
I try to talk about how we work I have to follow the policy and no power to pay them back by cash so I ask them send email to Boss and Boss will order me what to do.
I said I will tell driver to take them to Central or Tesco were they can do shopping food and massage and we pay for massage cost during you when out we will finish cut the tree and will let you know asap
They ask for massage price and say no is too cheap they want more exclusive and expensive.
I offer them a room at Surin gate for shower befor go out they said no, they need good spa with shower room and can do massage all together.
We do try to call spa around here not available for 10 peoples in the same time I ask them do they have in mine a good spa they said Lest Relax And I ask them price they said about 1200
I ask khun Dong and we agree with 1200/head and I call to book again not available seem they not believe me so I said no more option for me.
Now you have decide to do something, I don't like this situation they make me want to quit from this job. I feel I wasting your time to do something and you wasting my time to fix this problem in the storm and I walk back to the staff. then they said OK they will find by them self just tell the driver will check at Surin beach first and they will deduct from there spend for food before this.
Khun Serina is super smart they not pay money at all for spend in advance as we ask and they buy for BBQ by them self and use chef to cook I and staff we not care about 10% but we want happy feeling not always complain feel time is so long no one want to stay near them. I so sorry to say this Boss but all is true the staff no smiling they just cried and my self just crying. She forget about all the staff help carry her mother from living room to van with wheelchair.

So sorry Boss if we make you not happy we try our very best as always.

Best Regards

Win Suwahong

From Johan to Serina:

You should be ashamed to treat people like this Serina !
bunnyegg
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous villa with attentive service”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We stayed at Villa Zavier for a week, we were a group with 15 Adults and 8 children. The villa was still able to accommodate us all and attended to our needs. We were picked up from the airport, and brought direct to the villa. The villa is located up on the hill, so have to drive up quite a bit of steep road. We were welcomed with welcome drinks and fresh towel. Our luggages were taken straight into our rooms. We pre-odered our dinner beforehand, so we can all just comfortably settled in.

There is one biggest master bedroom, along with 7 smaller bedrooms each with ensuite. All the rooms were beautifully furnished and clean. There were 6 maid including chef and driver plus 1 manager. The Manager, Win, was very attentive and considerate, he puts in a lot of hard work. All of the chefs and maid were splendid and attended to our needs straight away.

We stayed in the villa for all 3 meals everyday, and the chefs can accommodate all cuisines that we requested. We had thai, bbq, chinese and pasta. They served entrees, mains and dessert as well. The food was great, nothing to fault. The maid served fresh juices, fresh coconut and coffee throughout the day which made our vacation unforgettable.

As the villa is up on the hill with steep slope, we can't really walk anywhere. But the driver was available all day to take us to nearest Surin Beach, shopping mall or to town. We can also request for masseuse to come to the villa for massage but cost twice as much compared to the one in shopping mall as anything that delivers to the villa will cost extra surcharge.

The only downside with the villa is that it is very child friendly. The infinity pool is beautiful but can be quite a hazard for small children. The roof top level provides quite view but again, with no balustrade, is a hazard to both adults and children. The bowling alley wasn't functioning when we were there. We didn't play on the putt putt golf as it was monsoon season, so quite a bit of rain everyday.

Overall, excellent stay, definitely recommended.

Travelling group: Large Group
3 Aug 2016
Dear sir !

Thank you so much for your great review, we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you again.

All the best//Johan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing