“nice hotel, awesome service”

Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Melbourne, Australia
“nice hotel, awesome service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with two friends for the first time in late May. As a regular Phuket visitor I thought I would try this hotel for the first time, I will now definitely be booking my next Phuket holiday in this hotel. From the initial airport pick up from a lovely hostess who took our details in car, to the smooth check in and friendly service. The staff at the hotel were exceptional with nothing being too much trouble and having a totally different attitude to that I had previously experienced in Phuket. The breakfasts were great and the hours of service fitted in well.
I even accidentally left my credit card in hotel ATM and the efforts the management went to assist me during this difficult time by contacting local banks etc was beyond the call of duty. Will recommend this hotel to any friends who are visiting Phuket.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelvin M
Thitirat T, Manager at Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort., responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Kelvin M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Resort after your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant holiday and you experienced a great services at the resort. It was nice to read that our management team helped you on the credit card issue by contacting the local bank for you and finally came out with a solution.

We truly appreciated your positive comments about our staffs and thank you that you will recommend our resort to everyone.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brian Connelly, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Surin, Thailand
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Prior to our trip to Surin beach, I read every review I could on Surin, the Double Tree and Phuket in general. Although this was not our first trip to Phuket, it was our first to Surin Beach.
We arrived mid-day and found the check in quick. One of our rooms was not ready; however, it was not an issue for us as we had booked 3 rooms for our group. We booked ground floor rooms, near the pool (as wisely recommended by other reviewers with kids).
The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had minor maintenance issues that were sorted out as soon as we brought it to the attention of the staff. Our kid loved the pool and we could not keep our 3 year old off the water slides. Our 10 year old and 6 year old found the kids club entertaining.
The meals at the restaurant were good, but expensive. Food and bar service was slow on certain days. However we found that room service was exceptionally quick. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our fussy eaters.
I highly recommend a pool side massage (back and neck). Although down the road there are beautiful spa's as well. Surin is not big for shoppers, but shopping is not big on kids either, a perfect family holiday spot. Surin is far more laid back and restful than Patong beach.
All the staff are friendly and made us feel so welcome every time we returned. My kids received hugs and cookies all the time. My kids starting learning basic Thai, instead of insisting that, the staff speak English.
After 10 days, I would recommend Double Tree by Hilton for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms near the pool if travelling with kids
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thitirat T, Manager at Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort., responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Leanne Charles,

I was pleased to read that you had a great time at our resort and you found that our resort is a family friendly hotel. To provide more benefits to parents who travel with kids, we have created a unique, pleasant, resort kids program for children ages 5 -12 years old started on 1st July 2014 onward. I am happy to read that you experienced a friendliness of our staffs and generally had a pleasant holidays.

Thanks again for staying with us and I appreciated that you will recommend our resort to everyone.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Double Tree Hotel for two weeks in June and July. The hotel has very friendly staff and the accommodation is excellent. The hotel is located close to shops and restaurants and is a one minute walk across the park directly in front of the hotel to the palm tree lined Surin Beach. Overall the hotel has great facilities with a beautiful pool and helpful friendly staff with a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thitirat T, Manager at Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort., responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear 240r0bertp,

I greatly appreciated to read that you had a wonderful time at our resort and you appreciated our services. Your kind words about the resort and staff friendliness will be shared with the team.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was a wonderful and relaxing stay in DoubleTree Surin. Kind and helpful staff they have, and I appreciate the smile and warm greetings from all staff. keep it up! Although the location is quite isolated, but there is no difficulties in travelling as there are taxis and car rental, which can be arranged by the hotel. I will definitely travel again to Phuket with my lovely novels and I have no doubt to stay again in this resort !(it is nice to read here with a beautiful sea,sun and breeze)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thitirat T, Manager at Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort., responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Cherylabbit,

I greatly appreciated to read that you had a wonderful time at our resort and you definitely will come back again. Your kind words about the resort and staff friendliness will be shared with the team.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We received warm welcome from the staff upon check in. We get a room right next to the pool and we loved it. It is very convenient and the slides at the pool are so much fun to play. This hotel is just 2 min walking distance to the beautiful surin beach. Less crowded so we get to rest and relax. We have no problem looking for dining option along the street. Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our trip to Phuket this time.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Cadee C,

I was pleased to note that you experienced our warm welcome and enjoyed our services, hotel facilities and the surrounding area during your stay with us. Your kind words about the resort and staff friendliness will be shared with the team.

I appreciated the good feedback and look forward to welcome you and the family back in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

For me the most important aspect of a hotel is how you are treated during your stay. I'm a Hhonors member and have stayed at all of hiltons brands. From the Waldor Astoria to the hilton in key largo. Hampton inn, homewood suites, and the double tree in buffalo, new york. NOT one of those hotels carry a candle to the double tree phuket. Though all of hiltons hotels staff are decent and efficient, this doubletree hotel staffs go out of their way to make you feel at home. Let me start with the check in. The staff that check us in was the one to pick us up from the airport. Yes we arrange for airport transportation, but to be taken care of the moment you step off the plane is priceless. Then, the first mornings breakfast, my son happens to mention how much he liked pad thai to the cook at the buffet line, and guess what.. there is was the following morning., Then there's the waitress.. I ordered black coffee and hot tea (for the wife) the first morning and she remembered our order for the rest of our stay. Then theres the supervisor.. so attentive to his guess, alway greeting when he sees you, checking to see that all is well with your stay. The supervisor!! I've stayed at to many hotels where the supervisor could care less if you had an issue. I can give examples to each and every one of the staffs that I encountered, but that would take pages. This hotels is all about its staff, they are the heart and soul of this place. Yes, there are some rough edges that can be rounded out, but it's head and shoulders above the Waldorf Astoria manhattan. The Hilton in Key largo has some of the same issues. Its the location of the hotel, it cant be help. I would book here in a heart beat the next time i visit Phuket.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gurgaon, India
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location and beautiful resort at Surin Beach. Staff is very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are neat and crisp. As a HHonours member, I was offered an upgrade to their Suite room which was very kind. I have always enjoyed staying with Hilton and this stay especially has added my loyalty towards the Hilton group.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

#11 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 327 in Patong

Been to Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.

Property: Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
Address: 106/27 Moo 3 | Surin Beach, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach)
Region: Thailand > Phuket > Thalang District > Choeng Thale
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#11 Spa Hotel in Choeng Thale
#13 On the Beach Hotel in Choeng Thale
#14 Romantic Hotel in Choeng Thale
#15 Family Hotel in Choeng Thale
#16 Luxury Hotel in Choeng Thale
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort. 4*
Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a cool welcome drink on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand's premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587