Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
£242
alessiarassi
Cape Town, South Africa
Nice Hotel but Rude New Manager
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Feb 2024
I stayed in Chava for 2 months and I loved it - it's a great location and when I stayed the staff were very friendly. I got to know a lot of the people who were staying there long term, and now they tell me that he new manager called Terence has been stopping their young kids from swimming in the pool (where they have been having swimming lessons), complaining about the kids' behaviour (which is never bad, they dont splash around, they just play hide and seek) and generally being rude to both the kids and the parents, and these people have been staying there for 2 years with no problems before this manager came along. I was going to go back and stay there but now while this manager is there as he has spoilt the whole vibe of the place which used to be good
Date of stay: March 2023
    £39
    £51
2.3 miles from The Chava Resort
View more hotels in Choeng Thale
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

Friendly staff, nice design, good food. Staff are friendly, the foods are yummy. Comfortable bed I love it and sure will go again . My stay was very enjoyable. My room was large and it made movement within the room very convenient. The bed was large and very comfortable and I like the colour and the decor in the room

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2023

This experience is really good! The hotel's internal environment is very comfortable .Service attitude is very comfortable. Very well equipped. Ideal for business trips as well as travel and sightseeing. Highly recommended to stay.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2023

Stayed here back in 2017 and we still talk about how good it was, the rooms, the pools, the food, the service. It was all amazing and we wouldnt have had such a good holiday without staying here. Big apartments. I think it is really suited for family. Love the pool. The breakfast is so good and unique. Better than any continental breakfast. The location is pretty amazing. Only a 3 min from the beach. However, it is pretty far from patong beach. A 3-5 km trip which takes about 15 mins.

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed 23 April 2023 via mobile

I booked The Chava after it had just opened up after Covid and became very hesitant about my decision due to there being no reviews coming through. I kept my fingers crossed that the resort was still as good as the previous 5 stars it had earned from previous holiday makers. I needn't have been worried...

We stayed for 11 nights in a four bedroom apartment right next to the pool. Our holiday was amazing and a significant part of that was because the team at The Chava simply couldn't do enough to help. From adding extra mosquito plugs and fixing an issue we had with the shower straight away to arranging the best table to watch the sunset at a restaurant on our last night, nothing was too much trouble.

Everyone was welcoming and friendly, the lovely security man, front desk team, restaurant, groundsmen and housekeepers. They have a fantastic team which really adds to the experience.

Lastly, the pool... OK it is a little sandwashed in areas (life isn't completely perfect) but wow, what a place to relax and marvel at the weather and beautiful view... the flowers are stunning!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the amazing team at The Chava for making our holiday and family reunion such a special one 🥰

Room tip: If you have any questions, just email the hotel. They will be able to help you with pretty much anything!
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 35jennyd
Reviewed 11 November 2021

Cost its so cheap ever
Room Its so clean
Restaurant so wonderful and yummy
Staff its so nice
near by msny aqttraction and easy to go anywhere
The pool wonderful and get more relaxing in beach area.
Will come back next time

Date of stay: November 2021