“Good food, good service, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Cat

Black Cat
Ranked #16 of 164 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Good food, good service, good prices”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Second time I've been there, consistently good. Extensive menu, everything my family and I had so far was very good. Great selection of Thai, international, Italian cuisine. Impressive drink menu. Prices very reasonable. Free shuttle service to Laguna area hotels is another plus. Deserving of all the positive reviews. Definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Over the past 10 years we have returned to the black cat many a times and have always found it to be a lovely Thai restaurant with gorgeous food. On this occasion the good was still good but the service let them down, when they are busy they can't handle the amount of customers but when they aren't busy they are brilliant . All I do say is, cheer up to the female waitresses. Meow the owner is very friendly.

• Visited April 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best Thai food un the area”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Came to The Black Cat for dinner. The menu offers practically every dish known to man. I don't think i have seen such a comprehensive menu. There is also a specials board which offers you fresh tuna or sardines, local catch of the day. The service is great and the drinks and food at a very reasonable price. It does become busy on a weekend so be prepared to wait if you don't book a table. They will also pick you up and drop you off too. There are a few tv screens so if you don't want to see the football or whatever nonsense is on, have your back to them. There are plenty of fans above the tables to keep you cool. This is not an air conditioned restaurant. There may be a few moaning kids scattered about the place, a few cries and so on, but overall its not too bad! Most of the ambient noise is drowned out by the fans. I came here twice, and for a well cooked, freshly made meal, you cannot ask for more. For me, turn those television's off!! And leave those moaning, whining kids at home with a baby sitter. Don't walk past!!!

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Average food and service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We ate here a couple of times before finding the Corner Restaurant and the Siam Supper club and others. The difference in price is slight. The service was not good - several times I had to go and get cutlery and plates and we waited an eternity for a waiter when we need one - I would describe the service as random. On the food front the Thai food was just OK, the pizza I had was awful, but others looked OK to be fair. The menu was the most extensive I've seen just about anywhere ever - everything you could imagine - therein lies the issue.If you're after ordinary fair and a cheap night out - not too fussy about food then this would be an OK option. We got a pick up and delivery which was punctual and fine!!

Visited April 2014
manchester,uk
“We didnt even stay 5 minutes”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We arrived and were ignored. The waitress then arrived and slammed menus on the table and walked away. No hello, no smile, nothing. Needless to say we got up and walked out and unsurprisingly no one followed us to ask why.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank linda&co
philippe c, Owner at Black Cat, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Sorry to hear about your bad experience in our place. I really offer my apologies.
It is true that the last few days, Thai new year and Easter week, same as Christmas/new year and Chinese new year, we are so busy that we can't take care properly of all of our guests.
We are going to improve that by only accepting, during rush hours of these busy periods, guests with booking. I hope that you will offer us a second chance in the future. We are always trying to learn from our mistakes...