“BEST HOLIDAY EVER”
Review of Surintra

Surintra
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 2 February 2011

After reading mixed reviews on Trip Advisor about Surintra Boutique Hotel we spent 13 days there and walked away with the BEST HOLIDAY EVER.
The Hotel is run by the most friendliest family you will ever meet. They were all there to greet us and they were all there to say goodbye. They were always there..
We travelled with family and friends. We had booked 7 of the 10 rooms. Nothing was to hard for the friendly staff. Always on hand to help. Always had fresh towels for showers and beach, linen was clean and crisp. Rooms are cleaned and swept for sand daily. Rooms always smelt fresh. The bathrooms are small but you are only there to have a shower. There is a cupboard area for hanging clothes and there is a digital safe where I stored passports and money. The rooms are large and there is an outdoor veranda with a kitchenette, stocked bar fridge and sitting area. The pool was very clean and a delight to swim and relax in.
Rooms are well appointed, Split System Air-Cond., satellite TV, firm bed, nice pillows, sitting area and most important for teenagers with computers Free Internet Access. The rooms are big enough to have a couple of fold out beds for children as well..
Surintra is set back off the road which keeps it very quiet. Across the road is the best beach in Phuket, Surin Beach. Sun lounges and restaurants are from end to end. Plenty of variety and some of the best food you will have.
I would highly recommend this hotel, value for money and great friendly staff.
We will be back. Soon.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank George V
Surintra, Guest Service Supervisor at Surintra, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We really appreciate your feedback and our team are just pleased that we made your holiday a good one.

Again, thank you for taking your time to share your stay with us here and we hope to be of service to you again here at Surintra Boutique Resort.Should you require further assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact back to us.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

We stayed at the 4 Star Merlin Beach Resort (beautiful) before moving to the supposedly 4 star Surintra. The floors are painted concrete which is peeling in places, the mini bar is outside so anyone can access it, you can smell the neighbours rubbish when laying around the pool and on the day of our checkout the water was not working in our room so I had to have a swim at 5.30am before our flight.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you have raised. We have discussed it to the relevant department the points you have mentioned and improvements had been done.

Thank you for taking your time to share your stay with us here and we hope to be of service to you again. We're always eager to hear what you liked, disliked and how we can improve them to be able to reach our guests satisfaction. Should you require further assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact back to us.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

When I see a review and people say they are robbed I always think NO not in Thailand,but I must say that I left two Top Up cards in my room a 300 baht and a 100 baht and the 100 baht was missing when I went back,so there is a thief in the hotel,the rooms are very nice the aircon is ok but the bathroom is a thai bathroom it means a sink a toilet and a hose(impossible to call this a shower) so the bathroom completely wet if you dare to shower all the plumbing is leaking if you are shaving you willget hairy feet,the toilet is leaking,after a few days the pool turned green,and breafast impossible,must say minibar is very cheap,I complained and told them I would like to check out and receive at least a partial refund,NO WAY,ok just get me the money back for the extra bed,NO WAY,so I move to the Aquamarine in Kamala and kept my key and gave it back on the last day,my advise DO NOT EVER GO THERE I GUARANTEE YOU WILL MISS SOMETHING AND YOU WILL HAVE A TERRIBLE STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KhunPhilip

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort.

Thank you for taking your time to share your stay with us here and we hope to be of service to you again to replace those bad experience with a good one. We're always eager to hear what you liked, disliked and how we can improve them to be able to reach our guests satisfaction. Should you require further assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact back to us.

Reviewed 31 March 2010

The rooms are very nice, though the shower is on the same level as the toilets which felt weird when taking a shower.
The worst wasn't the shower, but we got some money stolen in the "safe box" which we were supposed to be the only ones to have the key and our luggage was searched and I got my nice neckless stolen too.
The big smiles of the staff didn't help to find the present my boyfriend offered me. All the good sides of the hotel vanished when we realized there were thieves in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MarieEmma
Surintra, Guest Service Supervisor at Surintra, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Reviewed 28 December 2009

Surintra is a very nice Hotel next to beautiful Surin Beach. The Hotel is quite new and in a very good condition, everything looks exactly as shown on the websites photo gallery!
The staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean. The swimming pool is nice but unfortunately on the west side, so there is shadow in the late afternoon. It is just a five minute walk to the beach (all other hotels at surin beach have more or less the same distance) where you can find many restaurants and watersport activities. It is possible to get a range of different breakfast choices at 150 Baht, but we mostly preffered to eat at the beach. We tried many restaurants, but our favourite restaurant was "The Beach House" on the south of Surin Beach (next to the "stereo lab").

I would stay in Surintra Hotel again, because it is idyllic and quiet there!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort!

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 6 December 2009

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Cash was stolen from my wallet in my locked deposit box.

When I arrived, I asked explicitly for a safe deposit box. The staff showed me a locker in the closet which could be locked. I left my passport and my wallet with some cash there. I locked it and kept the keys with me all the time. On my last day, all my cash was gone, but I was glad my passport was still there.

On my arrival, I made clear that I am looking for a safe place. While not a lot of cash was stolen (approx. 80 EUR), I am deeply disappointed. Their assurances and their friendly smiles seem so cynical to me.

I know this is a nice and cheap place, but bear in mind that I had the same hopes. They offered me a discount from the regular price. But now they got their money back. I don't want this to happen to other travelers as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank swimfan7
Surintra, Owner at Surintra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

We are sorry to read this review however this incident was not reported to any of our staff at the time.

Our safety box is programmed by the customers using their own numeric password, keys to the safe are not provided to the customer.

Should a matter like this arise you should contact directly with the hotel manager who will assist you with the local police department who can then issue a official police report . This report can then be passed to your insurance company.

Your tour operator or travel agent should always advice you in taking out a holiday travel insurance.

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Kindest Regards,

Surintra Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
#12 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
The Chava Resort
#7 of 97 in Thalang District
Surin Beach Resort
Surin Beach Resort
#16 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Surintra? Share your experiences!