“Very well situated and managed property”
Review of The Park Surin

The Park Surin
Ranked #3 of 28 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The property is well placed between Surin and Bang Tao beaches. Only a few minutes walk.
For our needs of two couples, we were pleasantly surprised to find approximetly 2500 sq feet of living space on two levels. Two apartments two bedrooms, balconies, great kitchen well equipped with the basics. A huge terrace on the top floor with a jaccuzi, great living space and unobstracted view of Bang Tao beach from the 5floor.
Clean, plenty of towels, working and quality air conditioning.

One thing that would help are a couple of sun loungers. There is a nice table for 6 upstairs, a BBQ that was not connected (though it may be working we did not try), and a seating/lounge set. But nothing to lay back in the sun and relax. The upstairs terrace would be perfect with them. Without it is nice, but not the best. View at rooftop is great.

Mathias helped to arrange taxis from the airport and was responsive. Thanks.

The apartment is part of the Surin Park Hotel. Though not serviced by the hotel, the hotel staff were helpful when asked. Susan in paticular is Australian i believe and has great english. The rest of the staff range from good to none. There is a 24hr security guard which helped us since we arrived after midnight. Not that easy to find at first try but when you know it is easy. Just ask the taxi to take you to the Surin Hotel. When you reach the Surin Hotel driveway, just ask the driver to go down the hill for another 20m and the Surin Park Hotel driveway is on the left. It is also next to the Amanpuri - just before the road into the Amanpuri.

Though Bangtai beach is supposed to be about 400m, in reality it is closer to about 1km by the time you pass the fishing village and get to the real star of the beach. surin beach really is 400m and has many restaurants.

Also, several other restaurants just off Surin beach - Oriental Spoon is one we liked.

In summary, we enjoyed the property and its location.

Room Tip: 501 and 502 make up a two bedroom apartment
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Good evening,

Thank you for the lovely review. However please note that room 501, is not managed by us, known as Surin Park.

It is simply an apartment in the Surin Park Condominium Complex.
The review of the apartment please give them to Mathias, as it has nothing to do with us. It is a rather complicated situation.

Unfortunately I am not an Australian ^.^ But in fact a half thai and finnish. :D So to say a local thai. :D I am glad I was able to help you out while here in Phuket.

There are newer reviews for The Park Surin

Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was an average stay. A bit overpriced, compared to what you get.
Apartments are great, Service is average.
Few things that bugged me, no coffee mugs, when requested they produced 1 mug for my family of 4.
Shower has shower curtains which do not keep the water in the shower, the entire bathroom floor gets wet.
For the accom. stay, I had paid 50 % in advance and paid the further 50 %, upon arrival. Upon checkout, they were insisting that I had not paid 50 % of the accom. My receipts were packed away in my suitcases, which i was not prepared to go through. I had my bank SMS verification which should have been sufficient from my point of view. After a few phone calls, and a long conversation, she agreed that I had made payment. The checkout process was almost an hour long, wife and kids got a bit frustrated.

If you are looking for a quiet peaceful holiday, it would be perfect.
Way out from the town. Hard to get taxis here.

If you want to experience Thailand look for something in Pathong, it has everything there?

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Good morning,

Thank you for your review.

Much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy Surin Beach, it's gem is the fact that it is away from the hustle and bustle but has plenty of restaurant, minimarts and taxi available to drop into the hustle and bustle town when wanted. Our hotel have readily taxi available for all our guests.

For the error in balance payment, i must once again apologize for this frustration, there was an error in the system and tracking the payment became a bit tricky.

As for the mugs I will keep this in mind, as we already have coffee cups in the apartments 6 sets in a two bedroom apartment. But perhaps for our next hotel chain, a coffee mug is preferred over the coffee cups.

All guests have difference likings of areas on the island. For the true siam one would need to go to Northern Thailand where the lifestyle is not modified and too developed for tourists yet.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

First of all, can I say, what a credit Susan is to the Surin Park. I booked privately through the internet from UK and cannot fault the information and service provided. We finished our stay in Phuket with one night at the Surin Park. The apartment was spacious, clean and very well presented. Unfortunately, a storm prevented us from venturing further from the apartment but this was not a problem for us (as we were only here for one night). We had views of Bang Tao beach and the mountains. We had room service from the restaurant which was very pleasant. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Good afternoon Sheona!!

Lovely to hear from you with a very nice review.

Thank you so much for the kind compliments. I am glad I was able to help, and make your last night in Phuket as smooth and relaxing as possible. It is a shame that you were not able to enjoy Surin Beach. The storm that blew in then still is lingering over Phuket. But I must say that I for one love watching the rain and the thunderstorm pass by. :D

Hope to see you again soon and next time for longer period.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We are a family of five (kids 14,11 and 7). Surin Park was fantastic from the time we were met at Phuket Int Airport to the time we were delivered back there. The 3 bedroom apartment was spacious, clean and very, very comfortable. We spent many evenings out on the balcony. The staff were very, very good. Access to both beaches was a short stroll (or a tuk, tuk if a little tired late at night coming from Bang Tao). We arranged a private speed boat for the day to Phang Nga - again, all was sensational. The kids had a great time - as so did we. Thanks - we look forward to coming back!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Hi Craig!!!

Lovely to get a review from you, especially since our staffs fell in love with your family.
I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us here in Phuket.

Can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I found the apartment to be clean and have good amenities. The staff are very attentive and were willing to assist. The location of the apartments I found to be great. It's a short walk to Surin beach and only about a 5 minute walk to Bang Tao beach ( bit longer if you go to the quiet end). I would recommend this place to families. Thank you to Susan for all the help during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Good evening,

Thank so much for taking the time to write us a review, I can't thank you enough.
It's great to hear that my staffs are keeping up their hospitable characteristics and making you feel welcome and relaxed.

You are most welcome, all the help is all worth it, knowing that you all enjoyed your holiday here in Phuket with us. :D Honest :D

Reviewed 27 March 2013

If you are coming to Surin beach this is a great accommodation option. Great big rooms with lovely décor and a nice balcony and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. Would definitely stay again if I was to come to this resort. Staff were friendly and the breakfast options were decent!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Hi Marianne,

Thank you so much for writing us a review. Now I have 2 reviews from your family. :D

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our apartments and enjoyed the services we provided.

Hope to see you again soon, and do stay in touch ^.^

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Our family of three thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay in your 2 bedrooms apartment last weekend. Like all your guests, we will have fond memories of the excellent services provided to us which we found to be friendly and warm. This has been repeatedly mentioned by others time and time again in their reviews but I would like to single out our experience in key attributes important to travelers when evaluating hotel selection.
- Cleanliness ....The apartment is clean, bright and well furnished with good color balance
- Value for money....excellent
- Services.....impeccable. The staff go out of their way to help assist.
- Beds and pillows.... we were especially delighted with the quality of the beds and pillows offering relaxing sleep just like home.
- Location and accessibility-..short walk to the beach
A special thank you to Susan. You make Surin Park proud.
We will be back soon.
De Souza family

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Good afternoon Richard,

I can't thank you enough for the fantastic review you gave us. Wish you had stayed longer so we can talk more. :D

Perhaps next time. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our accommodation, beds and pillows (which we chose very carefully).

Hopefully I will get to see you again soon, it was a pleasure having you here with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#4 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Park Surin? Share your experiences!