“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 28 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Burke, Virginia
“Very nice”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed here in late March. The room was beautiful, spacious, and modern. We weren't thrilled by the view from the room itself (mostly a steep slope). The view the breakfast area, however, was much nicer. We used the tour desk to schedule several activities and they were always very helpful. Except for the nearby beaches - which seemed a little overdeveloped - going anywhere seemed to take about an hour. The hotel can arrange for a car and driver at a reasonable rate by the half and full day. We had a late flight and hired a car to drive us (and our luggage) around for the last day and drop us at the airport at 10 PM. It was worth it. While I have mixed feelings about Phuket (too crowded an too many people), the hotel was a wonderful place to stay while there.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay in Phuket, this is a good place to stay. However, have a realistic view of...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Good morning,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Much appreciated.

I am glad that you enjoyed our apartment and our services. Especially the view from the restaurant, I do agree, the view from the restaurant is by far my most favourite view. Very serene and relaxing. :D

And I do agree with the amount of people here on the Island, Phuket is becoming very very busy with every year that passes by, unfortunately it is something we can't prevent. So we just have to choose the areas that are occupied with least people. :D

I am sorry to hear that you didn't quite enjoy Phuket that much. I do however recommend the northern parts of Thailand, such as Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Maehongsorn etc.

Best Wishes,

Susan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Gavorrano, Italy
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great value for money hotel. Very spacious rooms. Excellent service. 5 minute walk to beach or 1 minute scooter Thai style. Didn't try the food there. Reception staff were very polite and helpful with all our needs.

• Stayed April 2013
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Phuket.

It is always a pleasure to know that my staffs were helpful during your stay here with us. :D

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The property is well placed between Surin and Bang Tao beaches. Only a few minutes walk.
For our needs of two couples, we were pleasantly surprised to find approximetly 2500 sq feet of living space on two levels. Two apartments two bedrooms, balconies, great kitchen well equipped with the basics. A huge terrace on the top floor with a jaccuzi, great living space and unobstracted view of Bang Tao beach from the 5floor.
Clean, plenty of towels, working and quality air conditioning.

One thing that would help are a couple of sun loungers. There is a nice table for 6 upstairs, a BBQ that was not connected (though it may be working we did not try), and a seating/lounge set. But nothing to lay back in the sun and relax. The upstairs terrace would be perfect with them. Without it is nice, but not the best. View at rooftop is great.

Mathias helped to arrange taxis from the airport and was responsive. Thanks.

The apartment is part of the Surin Park Hotel. Though not serviced by the hotel, the hotel staff were helpful when asked. Susan in paticular is Australian i believe and has great english. The rest of the staff range from good to none. There is a 24hr security guard which helped us since we arrived after midnight. Not that easy to find at first try but when you know it is easy. Just ask the taxi to take you to the Surin Hotel. When you reach the Surin Hotel driveway, just ask the driver to go down the hill for another 20m and the Surin Park Hotel driveway is on the left. It is also next to the Amanpuri - just before the road into the Amanpuri.

Though Bangtai beach is supposed to be about 400m, in reality it is closer to about 1km by the time you pass the fishing village and get to the real star of the beach. surin beach really is 400m and has many restaurants.

Also, several other restaurants just off Surin beach - Oriental Spoon is one we liked.

In summary, we enjoyed the property and its location.

Room Tip: 501 and 502 make up a two bedroom apartment
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Good evening,

Thank you for the lovely review. However please note that room 501, is not managed by us, known as Surin Park.

It is simply an apartment in the Surin Park Condominium Complex.
The review of the apartment please give them to Mathias, as it has nothing to do with us. It is a rather complicated situation.

Unfortunately I am not an Australian ^.^ But in fact a half thai and finnish. :D So to say a local thai. :D I am glad I was able to help you out while here in Phuket.

Mesaieed, Qatar
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was an average stay. A bit overpriced, compared to what you get.
Apartments are great, Service is average.
Few things that bugged me, no coffee mugs, when requested they produced 1 mug for my family of 4.
Shower has shower curtains which do not keep the water in the shower, the entire bathroom floor gets wet.
For the accom. stay, I had paid 50 % in advance and paid the further 50 %, upon arrival. Upon checkout, they were insisting that I had not paid 50 % of the accom. My receipts were packed away in my suitcases, which i was not prepared to go through. I had my bank SMS verification which should have been sufficient from my point of view. After a few phone calls, and a long conversation, she agreed that I had made payment. The checkout process was almost an hour long, wife and kids got a bit frustrated.

If you are looking for a quiet peaceful holiday, it would be perfect.
Way out from the town. Hard to get taxis here.

If you want to experience Thailand look for something in Pathong, it has everything there?

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for your review.

Much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy Surin Beach, it's gem is the fact that it is away from the hustle and bustle but has plenty of restaurant, minimarts and taxi available to drop into the hustle and bustle town when wanted. Our hotel have readily taxi available for all our guests.

For the error in balance payment, i must once again apologize for this frustration, there was an error in the system and tracking the payment became a bit tricky.

As for the mugs I will keep this in mind, as we already have coffee cups in the apartments 6 sets in a two bedroom apartment. But perhaps for our next hotel chain, a coffee mug is preferred over the coffee cups.

All guests have difference likings of areas on the island. For the true siam one would need to go to Northern Thailand where the lifestyle is not modified and too developed for tourists yet.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

First of all, can I say, what a credit Susan is to the Surin Park. I booked privately through the internet from UK and cannot fault the information and service provided. We finished our stay in Phuket with one night at the Surin Park. The apartment was spacious, clean and very well presented. Unfortunately, a storm prevented us from venturing further from the apartment but this was not a problem for us (as we were only here for one night). We had views of Bang Tao beach and the mountains. We had room service from the restaurant which was very pleasant. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Good afternoon Sheona!!

Lovely to hear from you with a very nice review.

Thank you so much for the kind compliments. I am glad I was able to help, and make your last night in Phuket as smooth and relaxing as possible. It is a shame that you were not able to enjoy Surin Beach. The storm that blew in then still is lingering over Phuket. But I must say that I for one love watching the rain and the thunderstorm pass by. :D

Hope to see you again soon and next time for longer period.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We are a family of five (kids 14,11 and 7). Surin Park was fantastic from the time we were met at Phuket Int Airport to the time we were delivered back there. The 3 bedroom apartment was spacious, clean and very, very comfortable. We spent many evenings out on the balcony. The staff were very, very good. Access to both beaches was a short stroll (or a tuk, tuk if a little tired late at night coming from Bang Tao). We arranged a private speed boat for the day to Phang Nga - again, all was sensational. The kids had a great time - as so did we. Thanks - we look forward to coming back!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Hi Craig!!!

Lovely to get a review from you, especially since our staffs fell in love with your family.
I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us here in Phuket.

Can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I found the apartment to be clean and have good amenities. The staff are very attentive and were willing to assist. The location of the apartments I found to be great. It's a short walk to Surin beach and only about a 5 minute walk to Bang Tao beach ( bit longer if you go to the quiet end). I would recommend this place to families. Thank you to Susan for all the help during our stay.

• Stayed March 2013
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Good evening,

Thank so much for taking the time to write us a review, I can't thank you enough.
It's great to hear that my staffs are keeping up their hospitable characteristics and making you feel welcome and relaxed.

You are most welcome, all the help is all worth it, knowing that you all enjoyed your holiday here in Phuket with us. :D Honest :D

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
#14 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
The Chava Resort
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#2 of 34 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,802 reviews

Been to The Park Surin? Share your experiences!