“Overall, we loved it!”
Review of The Park Surin

The Park Surin
Ranked #4 of 33 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at Surin Park for a week in Mid May. Unfortunately they had our arrival time incorrect and we were stranded at the airport for an hour and a half getting hassled by taxi drivers (anyone that has been there could sympathise).
We were picked up by a very nice young man who took us to our accommodation.
On arrival we were checked in and shown to our room by Yudee, who was lovely during our whole stay. I must say there was a real Wow factor when we walked into the room. It was very spacious and well laid out, but the views of the mountains opposite and pool area were fantastic. We had a pool access unit, which is definitely worth the small extra cost. It was very convenient to be able to walk down just a few steps to the pool deck (although I imagine it could be quite noisy during the busy season).
We had a few minor maintenance issues but they were fixed very promptly and the staff were very friendly and smiling.
We ate virtually every day at the on site restaurant, and as we were just about the only ones there, had the best seat in the house and very efficient service. The food was very good and had variety. A very special thanks to Bao and Keah for their big smiles every day. What they lacked in translation (not their fault as we were in their country!) they more than made up for.
Thanks to the housemaids for making up our room each day. They made sure they did not impact on our holiday, even though we were around a lot.
Suzanne is a lovely host and we thank her for her courtesy and especially the "paper lantern" ceremony (certainly worth the 60 baht!).
My only suggestion to Suzanne and Yudee would be to get out of the office a bit more. It can be quite hard getting attention from the counter.
Surin Beach itself is quite nice. The sand is lovely and you don't get assled too much. It is only about a 10 minute walk from the apartments.
Overall we had a fantastic time at Surin Park. The atmosphere is very good and we would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: if you are going during the quite season, definitely upgrade to a pool access room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Good evening!!!

Thank you so very much for the lovely long review.

My sincere apologies for the issue with the airport transfer.....

I am glad that the driver was nice and that the check in procedure was smooth.
Also very glad to hear that our apartment was a wow factor for you :D

I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant and cuisine along with the service we provide.

You are most welcome. I am glad I was able to assist you even if it is in the slightest bit. NExt time make sure you come during November where the sky is filled with the lanterns.

Good news for you is that we have moved the office now and it is at the restaurant bar, so we see every guests immediately ^.^

Will wait for your return.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

As they say, there are always two opinions: the conventional one and the one of a lady. The conventional opinion is correct & comprehensible, but the lady's one is more interesting. Yet, to the place like this there can't be two opinions, and I completely agree with my brother - Surin Park is... simply gorgeous! As soon as you make it there you start feeling yourself like home. Same friendly staff, magnificent view to hills and Bang Tao beach or coconut palms, tasty tiny pancakes on breakfast and, certainly, dearest second-to-none Susan.
Thank you so much Surin Park for meeting us not as guests, but as haven't-seen-for-ages-relatives

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Good afternoon Irina!!!!

How are you? I heard about the flight back home, I hope you are ok and it wasn't too scary.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the review. :D

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us again this year and I can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Last April I've described Surin Park as the place of "impossible not to return to" grade. Well, just as my rating implies, I've returned here this May. And I can really say that it felt quite calming, as if I've virtually returned home from some long (and sometimes not too pleasant) journey.
Everything was on it's right place, same stuff (with some new useful additions like stereosystem for iDevices or the wallclocks), same staff (with something that felt like new level of English), dearest Susan capable of to attending all over the place at once (that's the level of time-management capabilities one has to aspire to!), same great views (we've found that two-bedroom apartment of the 4th floor also offers a serene scenery of palm tress waggling greetfully). It's all still there, even some bit-too-slow-breakfast ;)
The place appears to undergo some reformations, so it's really curious to see how it turns. Surely it would be for the best, the course was set correctly. I can tell: Wi-Fi is free now :)

P.S. Dear Susan, should you transit through Moscow in winter, our offer hasn't expired! ;)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Good morning Eugene,

As always your review headers are always the firework.
And the review always brightens my day. :D

I am honoured, that we're like home for you. :D
And we are all very happy to be able to welcome you back to our place here in Phuket. :D And we now wait for your next return.

Fantastic to here that after all these months passed by we are able to provide you with the same quality of services and accommodation. Even better to hear that my staffs have improved their english. It is hard for me to notice as I am with them everyday and sometimes all day. :D

I will check up on the breakfast issue, as it shouldn't take too long to prepare at all.

P.S. Dear Eugene, I won't forget to let you and Irina know.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed here with a number of friends in late April/early May for a period of 5 nights. The apartments are finished to an excellent standard and very well maintained with free wi-fi, TV (with good selection of channels) and fully ready to go kitchen area.

The nicest element of the apartment was the balcony area, which was very large. The doors leading out from the living room/kitchen area completely open up allowing for a nice breeze to flow into the apartment.

I shared a 2-bedroom apartment, which was lovely but only had 1 shared bathroom. It would be great if there was 2, but this was a minor minor issue.

The location is also very good - a 5 minute walk to the beach area and various nice restaurants and bars.

The on-site food is really good (particularly enjoyed the Pad Thai and Chicken Snitzel) but it can be particularly slow in arriving. For me this wasn't an issue because I was there relaxing and not in a rush, but some people may find it a frustratingly long wait.

I would definitely stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Good morning Ben,

Thank you so much for such a lovely and long review. I can't thank you enough.

I'm truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our apartment very much. And that you enjoyed our Pad Thai and Chicken Snitzel ^.^ I have check with the waiting and see what went wrong as it should not take more than 30 minutes.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Surin Park really makes you feel at home, the staff were excellent, the service was remarkable and would reccommend the tourists to accomendate themselves in these beautiful apartments , on behalf of us boys from Sydney, thanks alot guys would definetley return to Surin park.

• Stayed: April 2013
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Good morning,

Thank you so very much for the 5 star rating, I can't thank you enough. I am glad that we were able to make you feel at home and that our staffs are keeping up the good job and achieving our goal. :D

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed here in late March. The room was beautiful, spacious, and modern. We weren't thrilled by the view from the room itself (mostly a steep slope). The view the breakfast area, however, was much nicer. We used the tour desk to schedule several activities and they were always very helpful. Except for the nearby beaches - which seemed a little overdeveloped - going anywhere seemed to take about an hour. The hotel can arrange for a car and driver at a reasonable rate by the half and full day. We had a late flight and hired a car to drive us (and our luggage) around for the last day and drop us at the airport at 10 PM. It was worth it. While I have mixed feelings about Phuket (too crowded an too many people), the hotel was a wonderful place to stay while there.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay in Phuket, this is a good place to stay. However, have a realistic view of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Much appreciated.

I am glad that you enjoyed our apartment and our services. Especially the view from the restaurant, I do agree, the view from the restaurant is by far my most favourite view. Very serene and relaxing. :D

And I do agree with the amount of people here on the Island, Phuket is becoming very very busy with every year that passes by, unfortunately it is something we can't prevent. So we just have to choose the areas that are occupied with least people. :D

I am sorry to hear that you didn't quite enjoy Phuket that much. I do however recommend the northern parts of Thailand, such as Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Maehongsorn etc.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great value for money hotel. Very spacious rooms. Excellent service. 5 minute walk to beach or 1 minute scooter Thai style. Didn't try the food there. Reception staff were very polite and helpful with all our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Phuket.

It is always a pleasure to know that my staffs were helpful during your stay here with us. :D

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
The Pavilions Phuket
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#3 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Park Surin? Share your experiences!