“Stay Away”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Choeng Thale
Pensione Capri Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
“Stay Away”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

What a dump. I booked 8 days with Asia Web for a mountain view superior room.
We arrived and the view was " a massive building a few feet away". I complained and was offered another room on the 4th floor. I should mention there is no lift. View was the same so I went to another room and it was overlooking a dusty road. On the website the rooms look bright and airy, no way. I small light and the rooms had a yukky smell. I said ok we take it but it was only just to give us time to find somewhere else quick. We did and went back within 30 minutes and said we wanted a refund. The guy said contact Asia Web. I did so and eventually I got back all I had paid except for 1 night. Asia Web have told me the hotel is on their watch list. Its a shame because its only a short walk to the beach but to be honest better to sleep on the beach than in that dump

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happychappie62

Business
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The area is pleasant, with an incredible beach just two minutes walk from it. The prices are good although the hotels around are plusher. Overall very good value for money. The restaurant is also very good, even by Italian standards. I particularly enjoyed the lobster spaghetti

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
nottingham
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Dont stay here unless you have too!!!THe service is obnoxious and rude...The rooms are basic and horrible!!

There is no sign of the recent "refurbishment"!!!I would rather stay in a hostel ,,,IT can hardly be classed as a hotel !!

Be prepared to endure building work throughout your stat from 8 in the morning until 6 in the evening forget about a ciesta!!!

I would stay away it has the potential to ruin your holiday !!

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank ppikes942

Travellers are raving about these Choeng Thale hotels

milan
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I have been 1 week at Capri. The hotel is perfectly located (100 metres from the beach). Surin is an exclusive beach in the island of Phuket and Capri hotel is the best deal you can have in the area and sure the best value for money. The hotel is very nice looking (riviera style) with nice decoration even if is not new... but who cares this gives "the charme" at Capri and the lobby and rooms are very very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful and gave to my holiday a familiar atmosphere.. Last thing: The restaurant is a MUST. An italian restaurant like that is very difficult to find abroad!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Antonio P
Wales
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Just cross the park and you're on the beach. Very friendly management and staff, very fine Italian food and easy, but comfortable rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Taffy_Taf
Phuket
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I have stayed in Hotel Capri a few times just one night a time because I live in Phuket and its the cheapest place i have found in Surin. The bed is comfortable, the hot water showers work fine, the aircondition has always worked. I have stayed in the cheapest room in the hotel, which has no windows (would not recommend that) but for my purpose (to avoid drink driving home) it was fine. The more expensive rooms I have hired for my parents when they visited and they liked them. Sleeping at the back of the hotel is cheaper and quieter, if you can do without the ocean view (I have never stayed in those rooms with view so I cant comment) but I know we slept fine even when big parties for new years at the back of the hotel.
The manager was very friendly to us in the morning as we had our coffee (very good). Local expats come to eat the food often so thats a good recommendation I think!. This is a hotel to stay in if you want cheap, close to the beach, friendly and not concerned with pools/swim up bars etc. It says what is does on the tin - cheap rooms, close to beach/italian food/ clean and basic. Do not stay if you are expecting resort type facilities/gardens/pools/childrens activities.

• Stayed March 2010