“Perfect place to relax”

Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I go with my wife and stayed for 4 days vacation. I got my room for free upgrade and it was fantastic as it is on a sea facing view. The room is great, big and clean. All staff are very hospitable as they were all smiling & approachable. Food is excellent as well as the music at night. Actually my wife and i just fell sleep on the sea side which makes as more relax after a very busy & tiring city tour and island hopping. Lastly, don't forget the thai massage after all. Special thanks to Marites & Recy for the unforgettable experience. I will surely recommend this to my friends. Actually he is there already. Thanks...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Napskyweng

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was the first time we have visited Thailand. It was everything we expected and more. We stayed in the Deluxe Family Villa Wing. We had a king sized bed in the main living area and our 25 year old daughter had a twin bedded room to herself. Room was spotless, towels changed every day. Aircon a bit noisy but effective. Breakfast excellent - everything you could imagine. Always managed to get sun loungers by the pool which was large, clean and warm. Manicure, pedicure and Thai massage good value. Massage quite an experience!! but felt great afterwards. Hotel located right on the beach - what more could you want. Hope to come back one day :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for two weeks in February 2014, the room was OK but there was on occasion a sewage smell in the bathroom. The smell was also noticed by other guests in their rooms. The maid spilt something on the toilet seat which stained it but instead of replacing the seat, they changed the maid. The buffet restaurant was the main problem, they don't light the food warmers until it opens so food is initially cold. Even when it is warm they go out then have to be relit, reheating food can be a health hazard. Several guests were ill while we were there including my wife. The staff are all very nice but poorly trained in restaurants and bars. We have been to Phuket twice before but not encountered standards this low in a four star hotel. The position of the hotel is good beside a lovely beach. The All Inclusive finished at 10pm for the British guests but 10.30 for the French which caused some confusion. All in all disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank el33
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel in March 2014 with my elderly parents and our 6 month old baby. It was supposed to be a relaxing week just before the end if my maternity leave.

At arrival we were already somewhat shocked of the premises, the reception area is old, dark and without any atmosphere. It reminded me of an Eastern European camping site. We had booked one ground terrace room for my parents (since there is no lift at this hotel) and a sea view room for ourselves. We were "upgraded" to a ground terrace too so that the rooms could be next to each other.

I cannot say anything about the other rooms but the ground ones were extremely outdated. The tile floor was dirty, the bed rock hard, general look was brown, old and semi broken. The ground floor (and surrounding areas) have a horrific sewer smell lingering due to a small "river" close by to which I presume some of the sewers are connected to. Door is extremely thin and you could clearly hear every person passing on the hallway (not so convenient with a small baby who sleeps early). The night entertainment was also rather loud, at least in our room. Luckily it did not go on later than 10pm.

The hotel is frequented by group tourism, mainly French and Russian. Food, as mentioned in one of the earlier reviews, was really poor. The immediate area around the hotel is rather dodgy and has very limited offering - previous year we stayed in Surin beach and we could not stop comparing the amount of nice restaurants and shops to this place - there was literally nothing comparable close by. The hotel is at very beginning if the Bang Tao beach and I think most of the other rings are concentrated to the other end.

We had booked for 6 nights but decided to check out early (their cancellation policy requires you to pay 1 extra night in case of early check out) and move to Doubletree by Hilton at Surin which cost us the same but is much better quality and looks ten times cleaner. I am still shocked that 130 euros a night in Thailand buys you this poor quality.

Note - we frequent Phuket on regular basis due to its proximity to Singapore and this is the first time we have had such a disappointment when booking a hotel.

Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank MizzMin
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

What can I say about the Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach! SUPERB!We've just returned from a 2 week stay and had a fab time. The staff are fab especially Fern at the pool bar. Food is plentiful hot and fresh. You can choose from self service in the larger restaurant which has cabaret or full restaurant service in the smaller intimate Jamba Juice restaurant. We much preferred the Jamba as the food was wonderful. Our deluxe room was very spacious and well equipped. Air conditioning a must! The guest are predominantly French and Russian not many English. A trip to Bangla Road is a must and barter for tuc tuc home! Would recommend Best Western to all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debs W
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am an expat living in the neighborhood. I travel a lot and when at home in Phuket, I frequent some of the local restaurants.I recently dined a couple of times at the Bang Tao Best Western Hotel. What I found was that they are cutting corners at the patron's expense.
First, let me say that the food is sub-par and unappealing. Additionally, I had found some odd ingredients in my meals that weren't supposed to be there, and it made sense when I ran into someone later in the evening who worked in the kitchen.
I was informed by an ex-employee of the hotel that the garnish and pineapples for serving some Thai dishes were reused and served back to the guests. This is not surprising as I have seen it happen before while living here in Thailand and in other SE Asian countries.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SeaducedByTheSea
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just returned from Bang Tao beach after 3 weeks of blissful beach. The hotel was almost faultless, if I had to make one negative comment, our room, it was very comfortable, but the windows were so dirty for the whole time, we couldn't see through them! However, the position, the staff, especially the food and beverage manager at the wonderful breakfast buffet, I could not fault anything, also the hotel manager, sadly can't remember her name, and Tess on the reception, every member of staff made us feel really welcome, we will return!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 55 in Kata Beach
Sunprime Kamala Beach
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!