we did alot of research on the internet for accomodation in phuket to make our hard earned holiday the best we could.
it is in a quieter area of phuket which is what we wanted. after a day trip to hectic patong we were so happy with our chosen location.. Patong was manic...the beach had thousands of beach chairs lined up, 6 rows deep... the noise of the traffic was not conducive for a relaxing holiday as you need to cross the main road to get to the beach.. shopping however is pretty good..
Before we left we read the last few reviews on tripdvisor and a bit of panic set in. Had we made the right choice?
As soon as we arrived we realised that the Dusit had more than met our expectations. Now we have stayed in 5 leading hotels of the world and dusit did not disappoint..Previous reviews stated that the resort is in bad need of renovations.. this is not the case..
The Lobby area sets the perfect mood for a 5 star hotel..
The restaurants , gymnasium and service from staff are 5 star..
we were always greeted with beautiful Thai smiles and hospitality. Other reviews stated that staff had disinterested looks on their faces..all I can say to that is, if i worked in hospitality and the travellers I was looking after had a bad attitued about everything I would be disinterested to look after them also..
we stayed in an ocean front deluxe room for 4 nights which was perfect in size, newly renovated with plasma screen TV.. we then stayed in club room for 8 nights again beutifully renovated. (dont know what the other rooms were like, so if you want renovated rooms go ocean front deluxe)
The patio areas may not be completely secluded but there are other resorts that cost double the price that will cater for complete isolation..
The pool is on the small side, but the beach area is what we came for and this added to our relaxing tropical feel. The beach is clean ,long and very inviting.. we didnt have to pay anyone to reserve our beach lounges. There are great cheap places to eat up and down the beach..
With a cocktail in hand and watching the breathtaking sunset we cheersed to a perfect choice of resort which had all the ingredients to erode the stress of everyday life back at home..
cant wait to come back..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and charming Thai service and hospitality, add up to a unique holiday experience. It is about 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand