Guests are welcomed upon arrival with a drink, moist cleaning towels and a bracelet made of exotic local flowers. Check in was a pain free process that went smoothly. Hostess explained the hotel’s amenities, gave written information on the resort and a map of the premises. Guests are warmly welcomed and thanked for their decision to stay at the Dusit. I was pleasantly surprised by the Dusit offering a free upgrade to a deluxe Club Suite.
My observations on the hotel and amenities offered at the Dusit during my stay are detailed below.
The Dusit Club Suite has a spacious separate bedroom.
Air conditioning has two separate zones for living room and bedroom. The A.C. system was easy to operate and worked excellent, an essential service in a very hot and humid environment. A.C. operates off a small, well designed and easy to use keypad that also controls room lighting.
Room has a small fridge with complementary soft drinks. Packages of instant coffee along with a coffee pot are provided in a small bar area. Room is well stocked with bottled drinking water and replenished as necessary.
Food in restaurants generally excellent quality with outstanding service. No reservations required at resort restaurants and I never encountered delays in being seated or served.
Bathroom is spacious with both a bath and shower. Suite was in good order, well cleaned and maintained with everything functioning properly.
Staff is excellent with outstanding attitudes and strive to please. Servers at restaurants anticipate your needs by remembering what you ordered the previous day. The Dusit is an example of the world class customer service that Thailand is famous for. First time travelers to Thailand that I have spoken to are continuously awed by the attitude of resort staff and the exceptional level of service extended to them.
Response time for room service is outstanding, usually only 5 to 10 minutes.
Currency exchange available at cashier’s office at main lobby. Hotel cars can be reserved in advance for you travel needs. Sightseeing tours can be arranged through the Dusit in the reception area.
Dusit is a family friendly resort, safe and fun for children. There is a “kid’s Club” that offers a range of activities for children. From my observations, about 85% of the guests were European with a sprinkling of Americans and Asians. Dusit attracts a higher end clientele who are relatively sedate, making the resort an enjoyable, quiet and relaxing experience. There is usually nightly entertainment by a local band and live music performed by a soloist during the day in the main lobby.
Maids are outstanding and did a thorough job of cleaning room and passed the “pill test”. I dropped a small pill on the floor under a desk table which was barely noticeable – the pill was gone after room service was done, indicating that a thorough cleaning/vacuuming job was performed. In other highly rated resorts, I have watched in amusement as the fully visible pill I placed on the floor remained there for the duration of my stay!
I jokingly told my wife that, despite attempting something to complain about, I was unable to come up with anything. Two small matters, however, merit attention by the Dusit. The bathroom in the pool area had unpleasant odors and the table mats at the poolside bar were moldy and need to be replaced. In general, however, the resort was meticulously maintained and exceptionally clean.
Internet service was excellent and WIFI available throughout the entire resort. A problem plaguing many travelers is the attitude by hotels that internet access is some exotic type of service that requires premium pricing and high daily fees, when in fact internet service should be viewed as a basic service, the same as water, air conditioning, etc. To its credit the Dusit provides high quality internet service without gouging guests with “internet fees”, a policy that all hotels should adopt.
The Dusik is located seaside on the famous powdery beach of Bang Tao. The water was crystal clear and the beaches free of debris.
The trip from the airport costs around $20USD and takes only about 20 minutes. A round trip taxi ride to Patong Beach (a favorite tourist destination) cost BHT 1,400 or about $47 USD. The Dusit can arrange for taxi, hotel cars or limousine service as required.
Dusit International is a good corporate citizen involved in the local community. The “Dusit Smiles for Operation Smile Thailand” is a company initiated campaign under which the Dusit has given free operations to 85 underprivileged children with facial deformities during 2011, the year of His Majesty the King of Thailand’s 85th birthday. The Dusit Smiles campaign has raised THB 3.3 million ($110,000 USD) in donations since 2010, giving a new life to some of Thailand’s special children. It is gratifying to stay at a hotel that has a broader mission beyond providing luxury accommodations to it guests by improving the quality of life for underprivileged children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and gracious Thai hospitality, add up to a unique holiday retreat. Unwind in a sanctuary of tranquility, shaded by natural casuarinas and coconut palm trees. Offering low rise buildings in classic neo-colonial architectural features underpinned by modern Thai designs. Gentle breezes waft through the vaulted ceilings of the open-air lobby, carrying the sound of breaking waves from our adjacent beach. Located 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. Provides complimentary shuttle boat and buses to nearby hotels within Laguna Beach offering a up to 25 bars, restaurants and entertainment within minutes. With a variety of rooms, suites and villas to choose from you can be pampered on the tropical island of Phuket or as some others might say - The pearl of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand