“In luv with this Hotel !!!”

Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were a group of 4 friends visiting Phuket for a week. Dusit Thani is half an hour drive from Patong, where all the nightlife happens. This hotel lies in the Laguna area which is an amazing honeymoon destination. This resort is truly amazing in all sense, and we thoroughly loved it. The breakfast was amazing, the service and the housekeeping staff, all were of the highest standards.

Room Tip: Always choose rooms with seaview. The beach and sea are beautiful at night :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
DTLPthailand, General Manager at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Raizy4u,

May I thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for posting you review.

Your feedback is of a paramount importance to us and also a very good way to measure our performance and focus on the areas for improvement. Constant emphasis on quality breakfast and good service have become one of our daily priority.

I hope you will consider coming back to our resort in the not too distant future and should it be the case, thank you to let me know as we would like this stay to be a perfect one.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've just returned from an unforgettable 15-day holiday in Phuket. My travelling companion and I spent 8 of those days at the Dusit Thani, 5 of which were in a room and 3 of which were in the villa.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone seeking refuge from the day-to-day travails of working life. We had a wonderful stay, thanks to a combination of many factors. The room itself was very clean, comfortable, and cozy: the kind of place to which one wants to return after a day at the beach or galavanting around Phuket. The housekeeping was superlative: fresh towels were constantly replaced, bathrooms were scrubbed clean at least twice a day, and the wonderful staff who saw to this were gracious and charming.

I cannot overestimate how delightful the breakfast (which was included) was at the Laguna Cafe each morning! Absolutely top-notch quality, with a tremendous variety of Western and Asian fare, served up by wonderful, charming staff who always have a kind word for every guest. In this respect Chakrist Ponrong, Director of Restaurants, deserves the utmost praise. Khun Chakrist himself was often on hand to chat and to elicit feedback from guests like us. His charm and professionalism were second to none!

I must also congratulate the staff in the large, beautifully designed Reception Area, all of whom were gracious and hospitable at every single turn. The lovely young women with whom I dealt regularly at the Concierge were especially helpful: Khun Anothai, Nicha, and Jan. No problem was too little for them to handle (not that there were many, but sometimes things like charging the handphones were problematic because my charger did not fit the Thai power points). Even when there were no issues to resolve, simply dealing with them was a pleasure in itself. All of the Reception staff without exception have done this hotel proud. Khun Amad, for example, was not only happy to carry baggage but made polite conversation and took an interest in the guests he served.

The swimming pool was a joy to swim in, though I wish there could be an additonal one exclusively for adults, as the existing pool is (understandably) used by lots of parents and their children. Still, I used the pool every day on which we were in the rooms. Special mention must be given to at least one of the young men staffing the pool section - I'm afraid I can't recall his name. He went about his work diligently and cheerfully every day. I was amazed by the energy and enthusiasm he brought to his job even in the midst of the scorching Thai heat!

Leaving was sad. Suffice it to say we would definitely return to this hotel in future. Real value for money, and genuine humanity with respect to all interpersonal relationships in the process.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MichaelRebaczonok

Dear MichaelRebaczonok,

Thank you very much for choosing Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket for your recent holiday and for taking the time to review your experience.

I am particularly happy to read of your entire satisfaction throughout your stay, I have shared your positive comment with the team, we are grateful for the recognition you gave. At Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, we are always eager to promote genuine humanity and respect to all our guests always.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to, for another fantastic stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I can't say enough positive things about this resort. Wonderful staff and service, perfect location, world class food and drink. From the moment we were picked up at the airport until drop off we were treated like family.

We booked the Lagoon view villa and is was worth every Baht. The place was phenomenal. It was better than renting a house because while we had the privacy of a house we had all the amenities of a hotel including turn down service and fresh orchids placed on the pillows every night. 3 stories with 2 huge bathrooms and 2 showers outside. There was a espresso machine, multiple mini bars with complementary water and sodas. The best part was the private pool on the roof top. We were in that every day either early or at the end of the day.

There are multiple restaurants with awesome Italian, Thai and grill foods. Breakfast was one of the best buffets I have ever seen laid out. You can have a full English, American, or Asian breakfast. The poolside bar and grill has terrific pizzas and cold Singha beer in buckets of ice to keep it cool while you drink it. We had other friends in Phuket while we were there and we had them come over to the villa for a privately catered dinner. Executive Chef Silvano planned this for us and he had a full spread put on. They brought a grill with a cook and put it on the deck and we even had a private waiter. The menu was steaks, lobster, giant prawns, fish, grilled veg, sides, salads and desserts. We had wine we had bought earlier and other beverages. The meal was a huge success and I was stunned by how reasonable the final bill was. For what we had it was a deal. Chef Silvano proved to be a big help as every time we saw him we talked about the food and Italy which is his home.

The concierge desk set up tours, transportation and reservations for anything. They were terrific. Bell desk, cab stand, even security are all well trained, efficient and friendly.

The hotel is on the beach and safe as safe can be. We never worried about personal safety or theft while we were there. The hotel is bordered by other resorts and there are numerous activities to avail yourself of including jets skis and parasailing. It is also a great white sand beach just to relax on. Plenty of beach chairs and plenty of places to get a beer or just a soda.

We made lots of day trips including a scuba dive in sight of the resort. It was my son's first dive. The resort set up the private instructor who came to the pool and gave him his instruction. We then went from the beach in a small boat to an island about a mile away where we made 2 dives. That was just awesome. While we were there my wife went to the spa and she just raved about that.

This resort is one of the few that I give a full 5 stars to. Yeah, it needs some uplift in places but the staff, amenities, food, and location make up for it. I spoke to one of the managers who told me that it is getting a major renovation this year. We will return and it will not be soon enough for us.

Room Tip: The villas are incredible. Spend the extra money and get one. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AmericanTourister59

Dear AmericanTourister59,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights , a great little paradise they have created ,resort was great, clean rooms, friendly staff and excellent service. Very good breakfast, and excellent food at the restaurant at the beach....but the location is very isolated from the main hub of phuket which is patong beach , if you just want to see the nature beauty ie: green and clean beach and blue water and no one around you its just the perfect place for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ravbhardwaj,

Reading your good comment is giving us reassurance, we all appreciate the recognition.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed in the Dusit Thani for 7 nights during spring break in 2014 and we (family of 5) had a fantastic time. The staff are very friendly, breakfast buffet was great, swimming pool was fantastic, great location, etc. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Erik_UAE

Dear Erik_UAE,

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed only 2 nights on our way back to Bangkok after spending time at an island off Phuket. The hotel must have been built about 30 years ago. The style of the hotel rooms have been overtaken by near hotels however the rooms are comfortable well decorated. The appearance of the main public areas are very good. Staff are friendly and gave the impression of being well trained. We like the location and overall the hotel offer is good and we would return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank keithg1947
DTLPthailand, General Manager at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear keithg1947,

May I thank you for staying with us at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket on the way back to Bangkok recently.

We enjoyed reading your good impression on our well trained staff and also the superb location the resort is set in.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back with some improvement in the décor and comfort of our bedrooms.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We went for the holiday. It was pleasure to stay with this hotel. Employees were really helpful. Different activities during the day & night. Excellent pool, private beach. Excellent food. My wife is very happy when she saw the birthday cake from the Hotel . Thank you all for making those days exceptional from our regular life.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ankan999

Dear Ankan999,

One of our goals at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket is to create a memorable experience to all our guest while staying with us.

I am pleased to learn that the days you spent recently at our resort were exceptional.

We thank you for staying with us and for the recognitions in our daily efforts.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 329 in Patong

Been to Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!