“Average”

Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Slightly disappointed in our stay. Rows of sun beds a la Benidorm..
Pleasant enough pools but,whatever you do don't upset the regulars, of which there are many. We felt somewhat unwanted at the cocktail evening. Not as friendly as other Dusits.
Good buffet choice at Breakfast but restaurant by the pool, very expensive.
Good selection of local bars & restaurants within walking distance along the beach, all pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2013
DTLPthailand, General Manager at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear ExaminerladyT,

We were delighted to be the host for the holidays you recently spent at Dusit Laguna Phuket and appreciate the feedback you wrote on you experience.

Your feedback is of a paramount importance to us and also a very good way to measure our performance and focus on the areas for improvement. Constant emphasis on making all our guests feeling as comfortable as possible has become one of our daily priority.

We very much value the loyalty of our returning guests and we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back again at the time of your next holidays.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay at the Dusit Thani Hotel!
We stayed in the pool villas. They are very spacious, cosy and well organised. The pool at the top is great. The hotel staff is very attentive to all your needs and /or requests at all times. There is a nice choice of restaurants, the food is good, the breakfast buffet has something to offer for every taste and you are very well looked after by the restaurant personnel.
Knowing most of the beaches in Phuket, I find that The Dusit Thani hotel is enjoying one of the nicest, cleanest and longest beach of Phuket. The hotel offers also a beautiful and airy garden near the swimming pool and the beach which allows you to have some quiet time or if you are looking for some shade.
I definitively recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a beautiful and relaxing stay in Phuket (family or for a couple).

2  Thank F W

Dear F W,

We appreciate your patronage on your recent stay at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for posting your impressions on your experience.

Reading your good comment is giving us reassurance on our performance, we all appreciate the recognition. Our resort has built a reputation on attentive service and good food served on the edge of the best beach of Phuket.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back the soonest possible.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We got married at Dusit Thani Laguna a week ago. The day was perfect! All of our guests commented on how great the food was at the wedding and the setting was fabulous. We chose to get married on the beach (best decision) and it was so picturesque. We used our own hair & makeup team (Lisa Allen - highly recommend) but the hotel provided everything else from the celebrant to the photographer, cake, flowers etc. Fern was our wedding coordinator and she was lovely and made sure everything ran smoothly. They organized the girls to have a golf buggy down to the ceremony, then we had photographs with a baby elephant and planted a love tree on the grounds.
We then chose to have our reception at Casuarina beach restaurant. It was beautiful. We had the whole place to ourselves and it was exactly as we wanted.
Our only comments are that the corkage was extortionate ($31 per bottle of champagne and $22 per bottle of wine). We had to bring our own as they didn't offer the wine/champagne we like so that was a huge expense and I think they could have done us a deal on the corkage since we were spending so much on other aspects including food, package and spirits.

If you are considering getting married at Dusit Thani Laguna I would highly recommend it and feel free to message me and I can give you further details :)

Our stay at the Dusit Thani was fab. We were upgraded to a Landmark Suite which was great. The bedroom itself was slightly dated (key card broke daily as the electronic system wasn't working) but the lounge and bathroom were both lovely. It was called ocean front and it was more garden view which was the same for most of our guests. I think the right wing had been renovated more recently and has the better views.
Breakfast buffet was great, the pool was great for kids, the beach was our favourite as was very clean. All of the restaurants had great food. We highly recommend Ruen Thai which was fabulous. We had 55 guests at our wedding of which around 35 were staying at Dusit Thani and I think everyone loved it. Make sure you don't miss happy hour at casuarina and the lobby lounge. Fabulous cocktails!
We have already decided we will be back for one of our anniversaries! It is truly a 5 star hotel and I can't really fault it!

My suggestions to Dusit Thani are:-
-to leave the bill of the wedding to the morning after and not push us on the night especially as we were staying a few more nights and they had our card on file. This meant we didn't get to say goodbye to our guests and made us feel very pressured trying to sign everything and check the prices etc at midnight;
-slight improvements to the housekeeping. We had to call to get our room made up (as our make up room button didn't work) and then often they forgot to restock the mini bar with soft drinks so we had to call again.

Overall a fantastic experience and I am really glad we chose Dusit Thani for such a special occasion. It is a great hotel with very polite and welcoming staff.

Room Tip: We saw many of our guests rooms and they all looked great. 292-296 are very peaceful with sea and la...
1  Thank poshw5

Dear poshw5 ,

I am particularly happy to read of your entire satisfaction throughout your stay, I have shared your positive comment with the team, we are grateful for the recognition you gave. At Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, we are always eager to organize memorable wedding always. I have taken on board your recommendation of improvement with regards to the timing on bill submission.

Thank you very much in recommending our resort and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to, for celebrating your anniversary or other relaxing occasions.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great hotel. Quite family orientated - would probably not be my first choice for a couple's stay. Stayed here for a friend's wedding which was fabulous. Organised quite last minute but was a great success. Would recommend as wedding venue. Rooms are very comfortable and a decent breakfast buffet spread. Prices in bars/restaurants are of course more expensive than they would be outside of the hotel but not outrageous. Great free shuttle service available for visiting other sites within the laguna complex.

Room Tip: Rooms over by the laguna seem to be quieter.
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
Thank Kimberley Jo-an... T

Dear Kimberley Jo-an... T,

Reading your good comment is giving us reassurance on our performance, we all appreciate the recognition. Our resort has built a reputation on organizing memorable weddings.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to, for another family holiday.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is local Thai 5* resort, overall were o.k., but the room service needs more training , I tried to call the house keeping for clear the room but wasn't come after we come back from the trip, there wan no excuse to the resort that we were on busy season,( Easter holidays 2014) they shall able to management it, specially I did called before.

Room Tip: Club room had bigger space or ocean view close by beach one.

Dear Anniechoihkg,

Your feedback is of a paramount importance to us and also a very good way to measure our performance and focus on the areas for improvement. Constant emphasis on room service training has become one of our daily priorities.

I hope you will consider coming back to our resort in the not too distant future and should it be the case, thank you to let me know as we would like this stay to be a truly enjoyable one.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We travelled to Thailand on 13/42014 and our first 3 days we stayed at the dusit hotel. After checking the Internet we when for the dusit and I must say it was a great pick.
The hotel staff is very professional and polit.
They make you feel welcomed from the time we got on the airport to the time we left.
The rooms where great, nice size and very clean.
restaurant was good as expected, staff as in the hotel space great always service with a smile.
We only stayed 3 days here but if back in thailand again this will be a place we will go to again.
I will recommend this hotel to all as it's friendly to kids also.
allinall I give this place a 9, only thing I did not like was the selling on the beatch not that they where pushing good it took away the great see view but otherwise it was great.
Thanks for the great hospitality you gave me and my wife and till next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DTLPthailand, General Manager at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear wietzeklijnstra,

Thank you very much for staying at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for your positive review highlighting the staff being professional and polite as well as for the comfortable and clean room.

Above all we are very happy to have a chance to welcoming you back soon.
Many of our guests see an opportunity to interact with the local vendors as long as they do not obstruct too much of the view. They surely regulate the flow of outsiders on our beach.

With our best wishes,

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Pros:beautiful grounds, well maintained, beautiful and clean beach. Quite and no hasseling of guests.
Thai restaurant beautifully decorated overlooking the water. Some staffs mainly the guys lovely and helpful. Fresh fruit in our room each day a welcome treat.

Cons:
And unfortunately they are many. We had buffet dinner the first night which was plentiful but average for around 130 Australian two it was nothing spectacular. Buffet breakfast the next day was also another disappointment. Staff were unattentive and unhelpful. I ordered mint tea and it came out with a ant in it but they didn't bother to ask if I needed a new one basically no acknowledgement ....nothing! I then asked about expresso coffee which the server obviously had no idea but didn't say. I waited for about 12 minutes before I was served instant coffee offcoure it was not consumed Breakfast was tasty but limited and if you did not get a seat inside you would be outside which is very hot.

The Thai restaurant for dinner is lovely and the food is good but nothing more special than what you would get in Australia. The potion size was also quite small and it was expensive.

Don't bother calling the front desk for room service you will be waiting for ever or maybe nothing ever came. The TV broke down the last morning we were there and when I ring reception she mumbled something to the effect that it is the whole hotel and she would call me back, she never call back. I don't agree with earlier reviews about how good the staff and service is at this hotel. I believe they are the real let down in the main pocket of the hotel. And wow none of the these staff hardly understand or speak a word of English. .....A real let down. For me
the bad outweigh the good

• Stayed: April 2014
DTLPthailand, Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear shelly2126,

We appreciate your patronage your patronage at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for posting your impressions on your experience.

I am sorry to read that despite a general level of satisfaction you felt dissatisfied in the areas of attentiveness from the staff at the Café, level of understanding and the buffet dinner and breakfast which you felt was not spectacular for the price paid.

Your feedback is important to us and provides us with a good measure of our performance. We shall endeavor to improve on the areas you have mentioned in your review and make it our daily priority. Your review has been shared with all employees concerned.

I hope you will consider coming back to our resort in the not too distant future and should it be the case, thank you to let me know as we would like this stay to be a perfect one.

Kind Regards,

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 329 in Patong

Been to Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!