Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Andaman Seaside Resort(Bang Tao Beach)
US$52
Angsana Villas Resort Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$95
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$148
Agoda.com
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$453
US$437
Agoda.com
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$227
Agoda.com
Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa Surin Beach(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$202
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$189
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$582
getaroom.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,942 results
All reviewsla trattoriaclub roomhorizon loungethai restaurantpool cafeother hotelsocean frontcocktail hourwalk along the beachcanal villagehotel is beautifulblack catthai hospitalityangsana spapool villashuttle bussea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our stay was wonderful. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were simple. Access to the beach is great and the pool area is nice also. Taxi service is available to other attractions in the city. The concierge can help with those arrangements. The restaurants and overall service depends on where you are in the hotel. The Laguna International cuisine restaurant and where most breakfasts are served is awful. The food is okay but the service is terrible. La Trattoria however, serves good Italian cuisine and offered impeccable service - fun to eat after a long day of scuba diving. I highly recommender questing upgrades to the Club rooms. Club room tenants get to eat breakfast in La Trattoria and though much of the breakfast is the same - the service is far better and the food is actually prepared better and much tastier. I'd return to this resort as our overall experience was very good.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Room. It doesn't cost much more for he benefits you receive... Complimentary drink hour in the lounge, complimentary soda drinks in the minibar, the club room breakfast and service far exceeds the regular breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DTLPthailand, General Manager at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Gidi C,

We appreciate your patronage with your recent stay at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for posting your impressions on your experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Well what can i say about this beautiful wonderful place,absolutely amazing 10 days with my wife at the dusit thani,everything is better than we thought it would be,staff are amazing especialy anurack at the cesurania restaurant and bar right on the beach,hes an absolute gem of a man and likes celtic so hes defo ok in my book.lol.we came here on the 6th and unfortunatly go home on the 16th,although the hotel can be a bit pricey and your a bit away from patong were all the action is,1200 baht per couple return £22 in sterling ti go to patong a half hour away with the hotels shuttle which is amazing value for money,bang taeo beach is so idilic,would recomend this hotel and place to anyone thinking of going to thailand,just be aware the hotel operates a sign for everything policy,so you end up with a bill for what you have spent at the end of your hols,although you can check your account at any time,definatly 5 stars in my book,

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vinnie D,

We were delighted to be the host for the holidays you recently spent at Dusit Laguna Phuket and appreciate the feedback you wrote on you experience.

I am particularly happy to read of your entire satisfaction throughout your stay, I have shared your positive comment with the team, we are grateful for the recognition you gave. At Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, we are always eager to organize memorable honeymoon.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to, for your anniversary.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A decent resort on an excellent beach with good facilities - looks a little dated now but still suitable for a short family holiday.

I would avoid the bars and restaurants, however. The breakfast is distinctly 3 star - there is good variety but the quality is poor. The processed dim sum is appalling - the siu mai and har gow tasted identical and were certainly those cheap frozen packets you avoid in the supermarket. The Thai dishes looked like leftovers from the buffet the night before.

Had lunch in the Laguna Cafe - presumably catered for the Russian clientele. The Thai dishes, despite warning chillis in the menu promising heat, were not at all spicy. I would eat outside the resort - there are many good choices near the entrance to the Laguna complex.

I tried to lobby bar also. I must have developed an extraordinary capacity for alcohol because several Margaritas left me totally sober. Again, head to the much better bars outside the resort.

Service and staff otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillM1964

Dear BillM1964,

May I thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for posting you review.

Despite a few good comments I was distress to read your unhappiness on food quality and lack of alcohol in our cocktails, 2 areas which we will improve without delay.

I hope you will consider coming back to our resort in the not too distant future and should it be the case, thank you to let me know as we would like this stay to be a truly enjoyable one.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Dusit Laguna holiday. Although it was very busy because of "Songkran" - Thai New Year - the excellent service by the really friendly staff did not miss a beat. We will be back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Dear Tophole,

I am particularly happy to read of your entire satisfaction throughout your stay, I have shared your positive comment with the team, we are grateful for the recognition you gave. At Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, we are always eager to offer excellent service with the legendary Thai smile.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to, for another Wonderful Holiday.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a lovely resort, but think again if you're having your wedding reception here!

Everything was going perfectly until the bar tab came out 2 hours in to the reception and we had spent our budget of $3500!
According to the Wedding Planner within the first 2 hours of our reception we had gone through a ridiculous amount of cocktails for 50 people.
It would have worked out that the bar tenders would have been mixing up 5 cocktails every 1 minute! Which would have been FINE if everyone was drunk, but we we're all sober!
There we're no alcohol in these cocktails at ALL!

We then asked for an tab update every half hour for the rest of the night, after that the alcohol bill only came to $1200 AUD.

We tried to dispute the bill the day after the wedding but they used the whole "Language Barrier" thing as an excuse and we got nowhere... They are extremely dodgy!

If you get married here DONT have a bar tab... And as nice as it sounds DONT bother with the cocktails.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jacinta D
DTLPthailand, Executive Assistant Manager - F&B at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Jacinta D,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and for posting your review on your experience.

I am sorry to read that despite the general level of satisfaction you felt dissatisfied with the quality of beverages served and that you felt the cocktails were diluted. I have shared your feedback with the team, reviewed the recipes and retrained all bartenders. Your feedback is very important to us and gives us a good indication of our performance so we can focus in areas for improvement.

I hope you will consider coming back to our resort in the not too distant future and should it be the case, please do let me know as we would like this stay to be a perfect one.

Kind Regards,