Staying in a 2 bed beach front villa. A beautiful villa with a small rooftop pool, a small kitchen, large dining area and lounge with a small patio overlooking the beach. The two bedrooms are on the basement floor with the master walking out into the beach.
I'm having a few problems with language, only a few people are fluent in English so asking for sole simple things are a bit pro longed but we're getting by okay. Staff are very very polite and nice. In room menu is limited - vegetarian- ordered my son a noodle and veg soup but it's cooked in chicken stock - would have been better if menu was clearer on what the food is.
I'm not happy with the state of cleanliness.headboards in second room where kids are are full of dust, all the outside areas were strewn with bits from the surrounding trees. I know it's unavoidable but should be swept clean never the less. There are also ants creeping in and invading anything remotely edible left on the floor by the kids including crumbs. They're coming from a hole in the wall which should have been spotted in a routine inspection and fixed. So far in our 4 hours here the power has gone out twice for around 10 mins a time- comes on with a bang and makes door bell go off waking up the kids. The shower floor is extremely slippery - poor toddler has scarily slipped twice in it and banged his head twice- would really benefit from a non slip mat.
Other then these small minor issues which can be easily addressed I'd happily stay here again.
The beach isn't fine white sand- bit gritty but it's still nice. Lots of acorns on the grass outside so can't walk barefoot on it- again needs a good sweep but it's a windy day too.
Looking forward to my next few days here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and gracious Thai hospitality, add up to a unique holiday retreat. Unwind in a sanctuary of tranquility, shaded by natural casuarinas and coconut palm trees. Offering low rise buildings in classic neo-colonial architectural features underpinned by modern Thai designs. Gentle breezes waft through the vaulted ceilings of the open-air lobby, carrying the sound of breaking waves from our adjacent beach. Located 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. Provides complimentary shuttle boat and buses to nearby hotels within Laguna Beach offering a up to 25 bars, restaurants and entertainment within minutes. With a variety of rooms, suites and villas to choose from you can be pampered on the tropical island of Phuket or as some others might say - The pearl of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand