We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Dusit and I wanted to post about this true gem of a hotel.
I had booked the hotel car to come and collect us from the airport which turned out to be a great decision. Immediately on arrival at the Dusit hospitality the lovely lady brought us cool drinks and cold lemongrass scented hand towels. We were then escorted to an air conditioned car and the driver sorted our cases. There was fresh water and more refreshing cold towels in the car.
Upon arrival our cases were whisked away and we were escorted to reception where the staff took our passports and we were provided with another cold drink, more cold towels and a pretty bracelet made of fresh flowers. She went through all of the check in details with us whilst we were seated on comfy sofa and finished our drinks.
We were then escorted to our room and shown how to use the TV and the lights etc.
We stayed in a Deluxe Lagoon View room which had a beautiful view of the calm peaceful lagoon. The rooms are fabulous, spacious and plush with the maids doing a top notch job and also providing us with fresh flowers everyday and different Thai fruits to try. They also provide you with Lemongrass shampoo, shower gel, conditioner and lotion which smells amazing and prompted a trip to Lemongrass House so we could take the lovely smell home with us. They also provide you with fresh drinking water everyday and top up the tea/coffee. We did tip our maid everyday as she was lovely and did a great job.
The staff all through the hotel are lovely, very courteous and they have a very gentle sweet way about them. They do their utmost to make your stay a great experience and nothing is too much trouble for them.
The pool is lovely and just a stones throw away from the beach. You can get towels from a little hut near the pool.
Wifi is available throughout the hotel but can be difficult to get in the Laguna Café.
Breakfast for us was included and was very good, lots of fresh fruit, cereal, continental style things as well as bacon, sausages, eggs and an omelette station with a member of staff cooking fresh omelettes to your specification. You can either sit inside or outside and staff will seat you and bring you tea or coffee whichever you require.
I have read some people complaining regarding the cost of eating and drinking within the resort but both me and my husband seemed to eat and drink relatively well for not too much money. For example in the Laguna Café my husband had a Thai dish, I had an English dish we both had a drink and dessert and the price was 2,200baht granted away from the hotel the same thing was probably about 1700baht but you are in a high end resort so what do you expect. The food is delicious and the portions are good and the lovely staff and treatment make the little extra seem very worth it. You can either pay your bill to the staff or sign and they will add it to your room bill.
This is a luxury resort with relaxation in mind, the hotel grounds, the lagoon, the beach all promotes a calm relaxing atmosphere. The hotel offers a host of things to do and they have a member of staff where you can book trips and tours. We took the hotel bus to Phuket Town in the week and then read about Phuket Town night markets. As the bus has a designated drop off and pick up area we decided on a taxi. The night markets are a true experience and are on Saturday and Sunday starting at 4pm. We got there for about 4.30pm and spent until 7pm wondering, eating, drinking and shopping. It started to fill up quite a lot as we were leaving so I would say it is better to go earlier and avoid the crowds. It is very HOT so wear something cool. You can buy drinks all over and there are even a few selling bottles of beer from ice buckets. Also wear comfy shoes as it is BIG!
Just outside of the hotel to the left is a small shopping resort called Canal Village, you can change money there for a good rate but be warned they will want ID such as a passport. You can get to this by walking a little way out of the hotel or getting a boat round the lagoon from the jetty, the boat takes longer but it is nice to take a trip across the lagoon, there is also a shuttle bus that travels up and down the resort throughout the day. We preferred the walk though.
If you walk further up and out of the whole laguna complex there are some restaurants and shops, a pharmacy and a supermarket type place.
Chaba restaurant is very good, I asked for BBQ Seabass which was described in the menu as 100g/100bhat so I thought they would weigh it then tell me the cost. Nope they brought a live seabass in a bucket asking me if this was ok! It was then whisked off and prepared. I felt a bit mean bit at least I know it was fresh and it was delicious!
The Black Cat restaurant is a bit further out but is very good and very cheap and they will send their car for you and drop you back if required.
Just a further mention, I am a typical fussy brit when it comes to food and was a tad apprehensive about going to Thailand and what I would eat but I ate very well and they catered for my tastes perfectly.
Upon leaving our flight was not due out until 8.30pm that night and obviously you have to check out at 12.00. I asked if it was possible to keep the room on for the extra few hours. Not only was this organised promptly they also did not charge me any extra for this.
All in all I would recommend this lovely hotel and we hope to be visiting again in the future.
Thank you for an amazing, magical time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and gracious Thai hospitality, add up to a unique holiday retreat. Unwind in a sanctuary of tranquility, shaded by natural casuarinas and coconut palm trees. Offering low rise buildings in classic neo-colonial architectural features underpinned by modern Thai designs. Gentle breezes waft through the vaulted ceilings of the open-air lobby, carrying the sound of breaking waves from our adjacent beach. Located 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. Provides complimentary shuttle boat and buses to nearby hotels within Laguna Beach offering a up to 25 bars, restaurants and entertainment within minutes. With a variety of rooms, suites and villas to choose from you can be pampered on the tropical island of Phuket or as some others might say - The pearl of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand