The neighbour hotel Banyan Tree was occupied so I "had to" stay at the Dusit Thani for a couple of days until my Banyan villa was ready. On top of that, I arrived extremely early in the morning at the Dusit hotel. Fortunately I got a great last-minute price for the room.
What a pleasant surprise! Friendly reception staff let me stay in a sea view room for free from 5am, until my Dusit room was available. Limo driver (1800 Baht) was at the airport on time even though I arrived half an hour early.
Everyone recognized me after a couple of days and tried to pronounce my Scandinavian last name correctly. Everyone was treating me politely and correctly making me feel at home and safe.
The fitness gym was small but efficient. The room service was QUICK, precise and friendly. Little surprises every day that I hadn't expected: Chocolates (not just the ones on the pillow) on the first day. A free bottle of red wine on the second day. Fresh fruit every day and daily refills of bath salt and other amenities (of course).
I stayed in a quiet and calm lagoon view room, the perfect size for 1 person and a wonderfuld view over the lagoon and the little shuttle boat that arrives every 20 minutes. I had my own private garden for meditation and relaxation.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who comes here for peace and quiet and a personal touch - even in the peak season. And I will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and gracious Thai hospitality, add up to a unique holiday retreat. Unwind in a sanctuary of tranquility, shaded by natural casuarinas and coconut palm trees. Offering low rise buildings in classic neo-colonial architectural features underpinned by modern Thai designs. Gentle breezes waft through the vaulted ceilings of the open-air lobby, carrying the sound of breaking waves from our adjacent beach. Located 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. Provides complimentary shuttle boat and buses to nearby hotels within Laguna Beach offering a up to 25 bars, restaurants and entertainment within minutes. With a variety of rooms, suites and villas to choose from you can be pampered on the tropical island of Phuket or as some others might say - The pearl of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand