“"Nice Family Resort with the heart for wildlife conservation"”

Angsana Laguna Phuket
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Singapore, Singapore
“"Nice Family Resort with the heart for wildlife conservation"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Decided on Angsana Laguna a day before flying off, their Singapore reservation office was very friendly and helpful with my request on the room as well as airport transfer issue.

Angsana Laguna Resort interior has a mixed of thai and modern ambience. Check in was fast and the counter lady followed us to intro the resort area to us while arranging for us to board a buggy to our room. The lagoon room we had was quite big and we added 1 more bed.(not sure if it's the actual room I book or it's what I request) The main bed was comfortable with the right hardness. However throughout my stay, my husband and I got to wake up in the middle of the night to re-adjust the aircon temp back to low again as it became too warm. Told the receptionist on my 2nd day but was told there were a electricity issue throughout Phuket and they were running a full house and couldn't arrange as well for me to change room. I thought she should try when I offered to pay for upgrade. She then suggested to ask the technician to check so I didn't bother to said more then as well as the next 2 days since other than the aircon, all of us were comfortable.

The pool was not very kids friendly I thought, Although it has a man made mini beach.

Left my kids at kids club, the lady attended to us was not very cheerful compared to the attitude she gave to the caucasian parents in front of us, so I feel uncomfortable about it as it supposed to be international type of resort so all skin type should be treated equally and I was not sure how my kids will be treated inside but I decided not to judge so fast. Anyway true enough, my son was stuck in the playground after we left and despite crying out loud and his sister attempted to get attention from the staff in kids club, they were not attended to at all, Thanks to the helpful parent that help him down. Feel kids club staff can do better than this. I saved my breath with them to write here, don't think they bother and I don't want to spoil my stay there.

The only place I feel equally treated is in their Angsana Spa. Nice ambience and aromatherapy. Therapists are well trained with every procedure before, during and after treatment. Expensive though but worth it for the undivided attention and focus to give you the best experience.

Lastly. I think their 2nd make up room service was good, they came in to make up room or set up the aromatherapy to give the room a calming or relax type of scent when you come back. They also put a small hand made gift in the room for their Green Imperative Fund Project. I think it's excellent way to create awareness to us, city people on the need to conserve wildlife, coral reefs and wetland by including us when we stayed with them.

*Don't visit during monsoon if you are beach lover* The only thing my kids were unhappy is they didn't get a chance to play at the beach :(

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Jerry J, General Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Ryl_Ariella,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us in such detail.

I was pleased to read that your reservation and check-in went smoothly, and that you liked the interior and comfort of your room. Especially your feedback regarding your treatment at the Angsana Spa is very much appreciated and has been shared with the team. Thank you also for highlighting our turn-down service with aromatherapy and daily turndown gifts, as well as our commitment to sustainable practices.

Phuket did experience a short power outage during the period of your stay, and although we managed to keep the impact to a minimum by activating our property generators, I regret to hear that it resulted in the stoppage of the supply of cold air to your room. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and let me assure you that we are checking the air-condition system in all our rooms to ensure that this issue does not recur.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the service you received at our kids club, which as you can read from other reviews on this site is not indicative of our normal standards. Your comments have been taken very seriously and corrective actions are being put in place through a combination of process reviews and re-training.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the near future, and should you decide to re-visit, please alert me so that I can give your next stay my personal attention.

Best regards,

Jerry John,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

What a marvelous experience! The staff - excellent, the service- excellent, and our room - WOW!

I highly recommend taking the time to swim the entire 383 meter pool.

I really appreciated the effort the staff made - and not just the front of house staff. The whole place was alive with people making our stay like a dream. I especially appreciated the gentleman who went out of his way to make my husband an iced coffee - which wasn't on the menu :)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Duckieclark,

Thank you for your very encouraging feedback with regards to your stay at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the service and hospitality of our staff. Comments such as yours continuously motivate us to exceed the expectations of our guests.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We recently stayed here for 10 days during an event and the staff/service was good the hotel/resort is amazing and lucky the resort baby elephant was beautiful!! The food is good, lots of choices and if you get board with Thai food then they have something for everyone with European choices. Would definately reccommend.

Room Tip: Choose a pool view room (you can dive off your balcony into the pool!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear meggilou,

Thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities, especially the daily visits of our baby elephant Lucky.

We hope to see you return soon.

Best regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

A beautiful and well maintained hotel away from the hustle and bustle of town and busy beaches. Serene and quiet environment. Best for travelers who need a quiet retreat.

We traveled with our school for a sports meet held by British International School of Phuket and Angsana Laguna was the host hotel. Even with the huge number of children and parent supporters putting up at the hotel, operations still went on smoothly without chaos. Breakfast time was crowded but managed very efficiently by the service crew. Tables were cleared almost instantly for the next guests. No waiting, no displeasure. Hotel staff are very hospitable and friendly.

We were touched by hotel staff's concern when our son fell ill and we had to call in a doctor. Hotel staff came by our room to check on the situation. Thumbs up for a genuine and true Thai hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear lazydaisy1007,

Thank you for reviewing your recent holiday experience at our resort.

It was a pleasure to have you here as part of the FOBISSEA Primary Games, and I was glad to read that you appreciated the genuine Thai hospitality of our staff. Feedback such as yours serves as a valuable motivation to our team and is equally appreciated.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

A good resort with a few things to do. the pool is fantastic and the service is brilliant. However if you want to see the real Phuket this is NOT the place for you. If you want a carefully sculpted experience where everything costs the same as it does in Australia, then you'll love it! I was here on business and thoroughly enjoyed myself. its probably the top resort in Phuket. it is typical thai though. there are lots of things that you almost dont see that remind you where you are, like rusting door handles, lose electrical wiring and missing tiles. in conclusion, if you have the money to burn and want to be pampered great resort!

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach get late night party noise. pool front rooms are great but may suffer from late...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sankai,

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and have also shared the areas which you felt needed improvements with our engineering team.

We hope to see you return in the near future.

Warm regards,

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I booked a standard room but was pleasantly surprised they upgraded me to the single room loft which was really nice and cosy... IT faced the nice picturesque lake and beach in the background...The room came with 2 bathrooms.... 1 was open air.. It had no roof over it and it was glorious soaking in the tub and looking straight up into the stars with a cool beer.....

There is also a mid-day service wherein the room service made up your room in the evening and made sure there was a nice lit scented aromatheraphy in the room when you returned from dinner.

The staff were very helpful and ever so ready to assist in whatever queries and assistance and not forgetting their sweet smiles....

Its a nice resort for families with different aged kids as they had a kids club, huge circular swimming pool with attached jacuzi, sand pool, etc

Breakfast at the "Marketplace" was also good with a good variety of food taking into account the various different needs of multiple nationalities.. A must try is the lemon grass drink which was quite unique I must say!! I was so hooked on it for 3 days and am suffering withdrawal symptoms now....Just add some water as it was quite sweet...

If you walk out to the beach, there are various restaurants and massage places which offer pretty good stuff at non-hotel prices...

Lastly, 2 places to eat which were nearby.. A Restaurant called Chaba which faces another big lake and Lotus which is literally by the beach. Having a nice Thai dinner with the breeze blowing through is almost heaven!!! The beauty about these 2 restaurants was that you just need to inform the concierge at the hotel the time and number of persons going to eat at the restaurant and a van would come to pick you up and send you back after dinner to the hotel...

I personally preferred Lotus as the food there was generally nicer and cheaper compared to Chaba but the portions were much smaller which suited us well as we got to try more dishes. The red ruby and mango with sticky rice for desert is a must after a hearty meal here....

Room Tip: If within budget, get the rooms facing the pool as you can literally jump into the pool from you bal...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Scubaholic777,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your One-Bedroom Loft, which indeed is designed for absolute relaxation as well as added intimacy.

Thank you for also sharing your positive feedback regarding the turn down service and friendly attitude of our staff.

We look forward to providing you with more special moments, including your favorite lemon grass drinks, during a future visit at our resort.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed for 4D3N with my wife and toddler and was pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a suite that face the lagoon and the beach. Excellent view to catch the nightly fireworks on the beach. The suite was beautifully decorated with 2 bedrooms, a living room and a dining room. There's even a sunken bath tub in one of the toilets. There's a nightly turndown service and there will be a little surprise when you return to your room after dinner.

The resort is huge and beautifully landscaped. There's a beautiful and clean swimming pool that meanders through the resort. There's a waterfall feature and jacuzzi at the area in front of Bodega & Grill.

The staff were ever so courteous and greet you whenever you walk past them. My toddler love the big outdoor playground at the Tree House Kids Club. There's even an indoor playground, wii and playstation sets available. There's complimentary daily activities for the kids as well as for adults. The baby elephant makes daily visit to the Tree House Kids Club and the main breakfast area, Market Place.

Though the resort looks great and is one of the most beautiful resort in Laguna Phuket, some of the furnishings in the rooms need to updated. The cabinets and tiles are beginning to show wear and tear. And the elevators were not upgraded from the Sheraton era. There is a musky smell whenever you walk into the elevators. Insect repellents are a must, even during the day. The resort should work more on the controlling the vector population as well as providing complimentary insect repellent spray. I only saw an electric insect repellent in the room.

As the resort is huge, we do have difficulties trying to move around the different areas of the resorts on the first day. More and clearer signages and maps should be placed around the resort. As it is the low season, some of the restaurants are not opened and the directory of services in the room state "seasonal timings apply". It will be good if the restaurants timings of operations are listed at the entrance of the restaurants and as well as the week's activities sheet in the rooms. There is a nice variety of restaurants however the food is average for the price that you pay. The seafood was also not fresh. There is a strong fishy smell from the seafood on display when we entered Baan Talay.

It will also be helpful if the shuttle bus and ferry services around Laguna Phuket is listed on the resort map, as in the timings of operations and the routes available. We have to ask the staff and some of the staff are not really good in English and we have difficulty understanding them.

Nonetheless, we have had an enjoyable stay at the resort and with these improvements, it will greatly enhance the Angsana experience. I do look forward to my next vacation at another Angsana resort.

Room Tip: You can catch fireworks from your balcony for rooms that face the beach. Avoid rooms above the Tree...
1 Thank ahber79
Jerry J, General Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear ahber79,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, which I have shared with the entire team. Your comments form an integral part of our service evaluation process, and help us ascertain areas for immediate improvement as well as future product development.

I am delighted to learn that overall you found our services and facilities to your expectations. We have noted your comments and your suggestions for improvement in regards to the room furnishings and maintenance of elevators, as well as the signage and directory of our services.

I wish to assure you that we are addressing these through a re-evaluation of our current product and service standards, as well as ongoing training, and hope to be able to share the improvements we are making with you on a future visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back and to extending to you the complete Angsana experience we aspire to deliver to all our guests. Please let me know if you should have the opportunity to return, so that I am able to give your next stay my personal attention.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,196 reviews

Been to Angsana Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!