Decided on Angsana Laguna a day before flying off, their Singapore reservation office was very friendly and helpful with my request on the room as well as airport transfer issue.
Angsana Laguna Resort interior has a mixed of thai and modern ambience. Check in was fast and the counter lady followed us to intro the resort area to us while arranging for us to board a buggy to our room. The lagoon room we had was quite big and we added 1 more bed.(not sure if it's the actual room I book or it's what I request) The main bed was comfortable with the right hardness. However throughout my stay, my husband and I got to wake up in the middle of the night to re-adjust the aircon temp back to low again as it became too warm. Told the receptionist on my 2nd day but was told there were a electricity issue throughout Phuket and they were running a full house and couldn't arrange as well for me to change room. I thought she should try when I offered to pay for upgrade. She then suggested to ask the technician to check so I didn't bother to said more then as well as the next 2 days since other than the aircon, all of us were comfortable.
The pool was not very kids friendly I thought, Although it has a man made mini beach.
Left my kids at kids club, the lady attended to us was not very cheerful compared to the attitude she gave to the caucasian parents in front of us, so I feel uncomfortable about it as it supposed to be international type of resort so all skin type should be treated equally and I was not sure how my kids will be treated inside but I decided not to judge so fast. Anyway true enough, my son was stuck in the playground after we left and despite crying out loud and his sister attempted to get attention from the staff in kids club, they were not attended to at all, Thanks to the helpful parent that help him down. Feel kids club staff can do better than this. I saved my breath with them to write here, don't think they bother and I don't want to spoil my stay there.
The only place I feel equally treated is in their Angsana Spa. Nice ambience and aromatherapy. Therapists are well trained with every procedure before, during and after treatment. Expensive though but worth it for the undivided attention and focus to give you the best experience.
Lastly. I think their 2nd make up room service was good, they came in to make up room or set up the aromatherapy to give the room a calming or relax type of scent when you come back. They also put a small hand made gift in the room for their Green Imperative Fund Project. I think it's excellent way to create awareness to us, city people on the need to conserve wildlife, coral reefs and wetland by including us when we stayed with them.
*Don't visit during monsoon if you are beach lover* The only thing my kids were unhappy is they didn't get a chance to play at the beach :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm tropical sun, pristine white sand beaches and a shimmering blue sea. Angsana Laguna Phuket has it all. Play golf, snorkel, island hop, or bask on the beach, this is the ideal resort to spend a restful beach vacation, romantic rendezvous or a fun-filled family holiday. Angsana Laguna Phuket is the flagship establishment of the Angsana Hotels and Resorts - managed by luxury hospitality brand, the Banyan Tree Group. The resort features 401 immaculately decorated guest rooms, lofts, suites and private villa residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Travelbag, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angsana Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Sheraton Hotel Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Resort Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Phuket
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket
- Phuket Sheraton
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Thailand