“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Angsana Laguna Phuket
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

we really enjoyed staying at Aungsana laguna. they have a massive swimming pool and the staff even told me that it was the biggest pool in south
east asia!

The service was nice and staff were super friendly. Breakfast here was the best i ever had in Thailand.

Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Naturehunter13
Jerry J, General Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Naturehunter1,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback with regards to your recent holiday at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to creating more special moments for you during a future visit.

Jerry John,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Decided on Angsana Laguna a day before flying off, their Singapore reservation office was very friendly and helpful with my request on the room as well as airport transfer issue.

Angsana Laguna Resort interior has a mixed of thai and modern ambience. Check in was fast and the counter lady followed us to intro the resort area to us while arranging for us to board a buggy to our room. The lagoon room we had was quite big and we added 1 more bed.(not sure if it's the actual room I book or it's what I request) The main bed was comfortable with the right hardness. However throughout my stay, my husband and I got to wake up in the middle of the night to re-adjust the aircon temp back to low again as it became too warm. Told the receptionist on my 2nd day but was told there were a electricity issue throughout Phuket and they were running a full house and couldn't arrange as well for me to change room. I thought she should try when I offered to pay for upgrade. She then suggested to ask the technician to check so I didn't bother to said more then as well as the next 2 days since other than the aircon, all of us were comfortable.

The pool was not very kids friendly I thought, Although it has a man made mini beach.

Left my kids at kids club, the lady attended to us was not very cheerful compared to the attitude she gave to the caucasian parents in front of us, so I feel uncomfortable about it as it supposed to be international type of resort so all skin type should be treated equally and I was not sure how my kids will be treated inside but I decided not to judge so fast. Anyway true enough, my son was stuck in the playground after we left and despite crying out loud and his sister attempted to get attention from the staff in kids club, they were not attended to at all, Thanks to the helpful parent that help him down. Feel kids club staff can do better than this. I saved my breath with them to write here, don't think they bother and I don't want to spoil my stay there.

The only place I feel equally treated is in their Angsana Spa. Nice ambience and aromatherapy. Therapists are well trained with every procedure before, during and after treatment. Expensive though but worth it for the undivided attention and focus to give you the best experience.

Lastly. I think their 2nd make up room service was good, they came in to make up room or set up the aromatherapy to give the room a calming or relax type of scent when you come back. They also put a small hand made gift in the room for their Green Imperative Fund Project. I think it's excellent way to create awareness to us, city people on the need to conserve wildlife, coral reefs and wetland by including us when we stayed with them.

*Don't visit during monsoon if you are beach lover* The only thing my kids were unhappy is they didn't get a chance to play at the beach :(

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ryl_Ariella,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us in such detail.

I was pleased to read that your reservation and check-in went smoothly, and that you liked the interior and comfort of your room. Especially your feedback regarding your treatment at the Angsana Spa is very much appreciated and has been shared with the team. Thank you also for highlighting our turn-down service with aromatherapy and daily turndown gifts, as well as our commitment to sustainable practices.

Phuket did experience a short power outage during the period of your stay, and although we managed to keep the impact to a minimum by activating our property generators, I regret to hear that it resulted in the stoppage of the supply of cold air to your room. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and let me assure you that we are checking the air-condition system in all our rooms to ensure that this issue does not recur.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the service you received at our kids club, which as you can read from other reviews on this site is not indicative of our normal standards. Your comments have been taken very seriously and corrective actions are being put in place through a combination of process reviews and re-training.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the near future, and should you decide to re-visit, please alert me so that I can give your next stay my personal attention.

Best regards,

Jerry John,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

What a marvelous experience! The staff - excellent, the service- excellent, and our room - WOW!

I highly recommend taking the time to swim the entire 383 meter pool.

I really appreciated the effort the staff made - and not just the front of house staff. The whole place was alive with people making our stay like a dream. I especially appreciated the gentleman who went out of his way to make my husband an iced coffee - which wasn't on the menu :)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Duckieclark,

Thank you for your very encouraging feedback with regards to your stay at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the service and hospitality of our staff. Comments such as yours continuously motivate us to exceed the expectations of our guests.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We recently stayed here for 10 days during an event and the staff/service was good the hotel/resort is amazing and lucky the resort baby elephant was beautiful!! The food is good, lots of choices and if you get board with Thai food then they have something for everyone with European choices. Would definately reccommend.

Room Tip: Choose a pool view room (you can dive off your balcony into the pool!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear meggilou,

Thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities, especially the daily visits of our baby elephant Lucky.

We hope to see you return soon.

Best regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

A beautiful and well maintained hotel away from the hustle and bustle of town and busy beaches. Serene and quiet environment. Best for travelers who need a quiet retreat.

We traveled with our school for a sports meet held by British International School of Phuket and Angsana Laguna was the host hotel. Even with the huge number of children and parent supporters putting up at the hotel, operations still went on smoothly without chaos. Breakfast time was crowded but managed very efficiently by the service crew. Tables were cleared almost instantly for the next guests. No waiting, no displeasure. Hotel staff are very hospitable and friendly.

We were touched by hotel staff's concern when our son fell ill and we had to call in a doctor. Hotel staff came by our room to check on the situation. Thumbs up for a genuine and true Thai hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear lazydaisy1007,

Thank you for reviewing your recent holiday experience at our resort.

It was a pleasure to have you here as part of the FOBISSEA Primary Games, and I was glad to read that you appreciated the genuine Thai hospitality of our staff. Feedback such as yours serves as a valuable motivation to our team and is equally appreciated.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

A good resort with a few things to do. the pool is fantastic and the service is brilliant. However if you want to see the real Phuket this is NOT the place for you. If you want a carefully sculpted experience where everything costs the same as it does in Australia, then you'll love it! I was here on business and thoroughly enjoyed myself. its probably the top resort in Phuket. it is typical thai though. there are lots of things that you almost dont see that remind you where you are, like rusting door handles, lose electrical wiring and missing tiles. in conclusion, if you have the money to burn and want to be pampered great resort!

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach get late night party noise. pool front rooms are great but may suffer from late...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sankai,

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and have also shared the areas which you felt needed improvements with our engineering team.

We hope to see you return in the near future.

Warm regards,

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I booked a standard room but was pleasantly surprised they upgraded me to the single room loft which was really nice and cosy... IT faced the nice picturesque lake and beach in the background...The room came with 2 bathrooms.... 1 was open air.. It had no roof over it and it was glorious soaking in the tub and looking straight up into the stars with a cool beer.....

There is also a mid-day service wherein the room service made up your room in the evening and made sure there was a nice lit scented aromatheraphy in the room when you returned from dinner.

The staff were very helpful and ever so ready to assist in whatever queries and assistance and not forgetting their sweet smiles....

Its a nice resort for families with different aged kids as they had a kids club, huge circular swimming pool with attached jacuzi, sand pool, etc

Breakfast at the "Marketplace" was also good with a good variety of food taking into account the various different needs of multiple nationalities.. A must try is the lemon grass drink which was quite unique I must say!! I was so hooked on it for 3 days and am suffering withdrawal symptoms now....Just add some water as it was quite sweet...

If you walk out to the beach, there are various restaurants and massage places which offer pretty good stuff at non-hotel prices...

Lastly, 2 places to eat which were nearby.. A Restaurant called Chaba which faces another big lake and Lotus which is literally by the beach. Having a nice Thai dinner with the breeze blowing through is almost heaven!!! The beauty about these 2 restaurants was that you just need to inform the concierge at the hotel the time and number of persons going to eat at the restaurant and a van would come to pick you up and send you back after dinner to the hotel...

I personally preferred Lotus as the food there was generally nicer and cheaper compared to Chaba but the portions were much smaller which suited us well as we got to try more dishes. The red ruby and mango with sticky rice for desert is a must after a hearty meal here....

Room Tip: If within budget, get the rooms facing the pool as you can literally jump into the pool from you bal...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Scubaholic777,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your One-Bedroom Loft, which indeed is designed for absolute relaxation as well as added intimacy.

Thank you for also sharing your positive feedback regarding the turn down service and friendly attitude of our staff.

We look forward to providing you with more special moments, including your favorite lemon grass drinks, during a future visit at our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,014 reviews
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Angsana Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!