Angsana Laguna Phuket
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$126
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$110
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$167
Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket(Bang Tao Beach)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$173
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$388
Agoda.com
Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Breakfast included
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$279
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$169
Trip.com
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
US$1,177
2,283 results
All reviewsmarket placexana beach clubbodega grillbaan talaybedroom loftkids clubpremier roombaby elephantthe main hotelswimming poolswim up baroverlooking the lagoonthai restaurantshuttle busother resortslaguna phuketgreat resort
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Booked through the excellent Trailfinders. Emailed the hotel in advance politely asking for a pool or sea view room, but abruptly told as I had an upgrade provided already by TF I would take what I was given! In the event fabulous room, with gorgeous lagoon view. But would have been nice to have had what I asked for?
On third whole day so this is interim, Thai new year this weekend so changes may occur. The reception staff were delightful, iced towels on arrival. Hotel was totally deserted, which we found odd. It advertises entertainment, kareoke bars etc, but on one night so far a subdued ensemble singing to about 4 guests. No other entertainment found yet. Everyone is out at the bars on the beach or in the local area. This is because the hotel is committing commercial suicide with its drinks prices.
Breakfast is very good, if only the egg chef wouldn't break the egg yolks on purpose! (You have no choice in it). The pools are as advertised, 30-odd C water, as is the sea. Lots of spare loungers, but the threat of taking away towels after an hour is not kept, so lots of beds reserved all day empty. The prime position 6 beds next to me now have had towels on since breakfast.
Swim up pool bar, as advertised, and seats in the shade which suits me but not my partner. On day one I asked for the ledge to be cleaned of spilt food and ash trays left earlier. On day 3 the same stuff is still there, plus a piece of banana, so I cleaned it myself. Almost no interaction from the pool bar staff.
The hotel advertises volleyball and water polo each afternoon. Tantalisingly the nets are up, but as yet, nothing.

So after 3 days, initial impression? Gorgeous hotel and rooms, lovely location and pool, wonderful beach. Empty, because of the pricing. Almost no interaction with the staff, even though I took the effort to learn a bit of basic Thai. Advertised activities, entertainment and animation non existent. Further to follow in a weeks time.

Room Tip: No point! They wouldn't give me what I asked for.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BTBinnorthumberland
Alpha E, Executive Assistant Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear BTBinnorthumberland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay in such detail.

Feedback such as yours serves as an integral part of our service evaluation process. I am glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, though I regret that some aspects of your holiday experience did not meet your expectations.

I am sorry that your reservation process was not as smooth as we would have hoped, though I am glad to read that your room was much to your liking.

Thank you also for bringing the pool lounger reservation and restaurant pricing to our attention. I have shared your feedback with the respective teams for immediate re-evaluation of current processes.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Angsana Laguna Phuket, and to provide you with an experience more in line with our brand standards. Should you decide to re-visit, please inform us in advance, so that I can give your next stay my personal attention.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

An amazing hotel, with great scenery and lovely pools... Staff are all polite and trained. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa/lofts and loved it. They have two types, a 3 floors loft and flat loft, both with 2 bedrooms. So if you have small kids go to flat lofts like I did. The breakfast in the buffet is average, but they also serve BF in the BBQ and Grill restaurant which is convenient if you stay in the Villas. They also have an evening free cocktails and finger food for the villa guests. All in all a very nice place to stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I had a 2 bedroom flat loft, great for my kids, no stairs. If you don't mind stairs the 3 floors 2 bdr villa is also very good. All the rooms have great views. Our group had 6 rooms on different areas, so all were great.
1  Thank Hessamghandchi

Dear Hessamghandchi,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay in our two-bedroom Angsana Suite, and that you appreciated the complimentary club breakfast and sunset cocktails & canapés that are part of this exclusive accommodation choice.

We would be pleased to see you and your family return in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Beautiful resort close to the beach with excellent facilities.
Service is very good,although buffet breakfast is average. the hotel restaurant is very good but rather expensive.
The staff is very helpful and attentive. They put a small gift in our room every day. That was a nice touch.
Suitable for families or people who want to just relax. There are few restaurants nearby, but for those who prefer more 'action" this might might be too far (the reason for 4 star rating). Taxi everywhere seems to cost 700 baht each way (or about 35 baht/km). You can book tours at the hotel tour desk and they will include transfers. the tour prices seem to be the same as from other operators.
the beach is very nice, but again if snorkelling is your thing this is not the place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A_goat
Alpha E, Executive Assistant Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear A_goat,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in relation to your recent holiday.

I thank you for highlighting the positives as well as the areas you felt needed improvement, and assure you that both have been shared with the management team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Overall the hotel was great and the beach was fantastic. Meals were over priced, however there were other options close by along the beach, try the Lotus. Main buffet open seasonally. Staff is fantastic!

Room Tip: Outrigger hotel has a very good Thai restaurant near it, not easy to find but great food. Ask for the Tom Yam Goong Restaurant.
1  Thank J0hn_Ch2014

Dear J0hn_Ch2014,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel which is on the beach is part of the Laguna leisure complex which means that you can use all the facilities of all the hotels.

The Angsana is a huge property and rightly popular with families. The staff are excellent and the grounds and rooms are well appointed. The breakfast restaurant is fantastic.

Sadly though it has several faults. There is no daily programme of activities and the whole property is dead at night (the two main restaurants are very expensive). This makes it quite boring. Luckily other hotels nearby such as the Dusit Laguna can make up for this.

Small grumbles too such as no waiter service by the pools.

Overall I'd say it was good if you want a quiet peaceful time but compared to many Asian beach resort hotels it falls short.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor it's often noisy.
1  Thank Ed N N

Dear Ed N N,

Thank you for writing a review in relation to your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the warm hospitality of our staff, and that the breakfast experience was much to your liking.

On a separate note, I regret that you missed a daily activities program. We do in fact have a daily changing activity schedule for both adults and children, which is advertised in our weekly guest newsletter in all guest rooms. I have shared your feedback internally, however, and I am pleased to inform you that we will place additional recreational schedules in some of our public areas to better inform our guests about the many activities available in and around the resort. Once again, my apologies that this was not communicated to you more clearly.

We hope to welcome you back to Angsana Laguna Phuket soon in order to provide you with an experience that is more in keeping with our brand standards which are designed to create lasting memories.