“Comfortable stay for the whole family”

Angsana Laguna Phuket
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable stay for the whole family”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We wanted to place that could fit 3 adults and one child with lots of space so we decided to book the 2 bedroom loft which was beautiful. There was a roof top area to sit in the evenings to watch the sun set and a balcony overlooking the lagoon. If you have older folks going with you, do take note that since there are staircases, they will have to be careful. My mom who is 68 had a good exercise walking up and down the stairs (thank goodness she is quite active). I was also concerned that she might fall down the stairs which thankfully she did not. There are mosquitoes though so bring your mosquito patches and repellent.

It is the low season during June so the beach isn't a good place to swim. The sea is quite rough. Since its the low season everything is less hectic and quiet. I like it that way. There are some restaurants on the beach and if you walk about 5 to 10 minutes on your right side you would see Lotus Restaurant which serves quite good local and seafood.

The Market Place which serves daily buffet breakfast is not crowded. The selection of food is good, we ate there for about 5 days without getting sick of the food. The highlight must be the visit by the baby elephant who comes every morning at about 9.30 a.m. The mahout isn't that friendly though but he makes sures that the baby elephant isn't abused by the guests.

Overall we loved the facilities, there is plenty do around the resort. The swimming pools are long and snaky and about 1.2 m in depth. My son who is 10 this year could safely swim without being watched like a hawk. There are yoga lessons twice a day. The gym facilities are spacious and varied.

Our only issue is that it is slightly far away from Patong (about 30 minutes ride) to get there you need to get a local cab. You can get the concierge to arrange one for you. It should only cost about 700 baht one way. We manage to get a great driver and eventually he took us around the entire trip.

Canal Village which is the supposed shopping village is very quiet and small. Maybe just worth an hours visit the max. There are some small shops just outside the Laguna resort but they are quite a way to walk to and don't offer much of a selection. My suggestion is to head to Patong to stock up on food at the local supermarket called Big C.

Room Tip: Try not to get rooms near the main pool, it could get quite noisy if you are looking for peace and q...
3 Thank JacquelineMa
Albert O, General Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear JacquelineMa,

Thank you for reviewing your recent holiday experience at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

It was a pleasure to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest again in the near future.

Albert Ocasio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

From the check-in process, to the room cleanliness, to the pool, beach, restaurants, breakfast, spa, kayak's, everything was top notch about Angsana. We could not have been more pleased. Employees were very attentive to any additional requests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear Mark H,

We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the resort’s facilities and services, and would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed in Angsana Laguna Phuket when it was Sheraton Grande Laguna. This place is amazing and the hotel is beautiful to the core. The breakfast was awesome with fruits and made to order dishes. The hotel property is so big that it takes a while to check it out. We took a private speed boat to Phi Phi islands and the ride will be remembered for a lifetime. Excellent service, neat and crisp linens. Will visit again.

Room Tip: if possible take pool facing rooms or lagune facing...all most all rooms have excellent views..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank DeepaKaul
Dear DeepaKaul,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers.

It was a great pleasure to read about your experience at our resort, and we are excited to learn about your intention to return.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Flew to Phuket with only one mission.. To finish my first half marathon c/o laguna Phuket international marathon. As the event was held in Laguna Phuket, the site listed the resorts here as the options for our lodging. I chose Angsana because i was impressed with what i saw on the internet.

So here are my findings:

Pros:
I booked my departure a day too early, but because of their special online chat feature found in their website, i was easily able to get intouch with a representative who directed me towards the right person to contact to help extend my stay at the resort.
* do note that it may take a fee minutes to get a response from the first message you send. But as soon as you receive a reply, they will be all yours to continue communicating with. If you get disconnected maybe because you didnt realize there was a response already or you stepped away from your computer, someone will start a new session to follow up where you last ended. Amazingly efficient people.

I also requested for an airport pick up. As soon as you step outside of baggage claim, you will see booths lining the hallway. Laguna resorts will be under one booth. There you will sit in their "living room" area and a cold towel will be served to you to freshen you up from your flight. As soon as your car is ready they will escort you to your car.

It takes about 30 to 45 mins to get to the resort.

When you check in they will give you a refreshing drink and a cold towel once again. They will also put a friendship bracelet on your wrist. Simple things that make your stay a little bit more special.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a bigger room closer to the beach (thank you angsana laguna for this wonderful surprise upgrade)

The room was beautiful. It had a living room and balcony. It smelled fresh and clean and everything was working fine.

Their mattress, pillows, and comforter give you the most relaxing and wonderful sleep ever. Considering you love everything soft and fluffy and that gives you a snuggly feeling. Thats exactly how i felt when i slept the night before my half marathon. Their bed made sleeping early very easy to do.

Their staff are very friendly and will try their best to cater to your every need. Even if it means returning to your room several times to hand you buckets and plastic bags of ice (because my body was sore after my first half marathon)

They have buggies to take you from your room to the lobby (or vice versa) if a walk is something you would rather avoid.

The breakfast buffet area had a nice setup facing the lake (indoor and outdoor seating available) they had interesting juices to offer (my favorite was the roselle juice)

Now lets talk about The spa (if they offered a room at the spa, i think i wouldve booked myself there instead cause boy did i make good use of their spa services)

Once again, staff provided impeccable service. Friendly, warm, all smiles, and efficient.

I had a massage that would help you sleep better, had my nails cleaned, buffed and polished, and i had my legs waxed. After every service, they will give you their special tea (hot or cold). I only ordered the cold tea. And from what ive tried (roselle tea and panda tea) i loves what they had to offer. They also served you raw cashew nuts and dried berries. A nice treat after a few hours of pampering. It was a perfect way to end my spa time.

Cons:

This is a sprawling resort. So if walking isnt your cup of tea... Be prepared to walk alot or endure having to always call for a buggie. (You may opt to use their bicycles though) i wouldve loved to complain that i had to walk to and from my room at the end of the resort with an aching body.. But i cant cause walking is actually recommended after a long run. So the sprawling set up did me good.

They have a lot of restaurants (not quite sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing) but because of all the options and the locations spread apart, i got lazy to have to think and opted for room service instead.

Keep your doors closed at all times because of the mosquitoes that find their way into your room. (They do provide mosquito repellers for the room)

The bathroom... My only concern would be when you use the shower. Water will spill out onto the floor because their glass partition isnt wide enough to block the water from splatting out when you shower.

Beach isnt really swimming friendly. The waves are rough. So people mostly sunbathed. There are also stalls owned by locals around the beach with really high priced items. So remember to haggle before you actually place an order of fruit platter or fruit juice or a fresh coconut. As a solo traveler, i wasnt comfortable walking around the beach while my stuff were left unattended because of the locals and vendors walking around the area.

You also need to present your card towel in order to use the resort beach towels. I understand this is for the hotels own sake of tracking their towels. But as a guest i find it quite frustrating and an unnecessary stress that you have to not only worry about your room key card but also a towel card. If you do not turn in the towel card after check out, you will be automatically be charged a certain amount.

Aside from that, there is nothing else i can complain about.

I enjoyed my stay at angsana and was well taken cared of.

Note: if youre staying here for a laguna hosted event, angsana is one of the resorts that does 3:00am breakfast buffet for the athletes if early morning breakfast is required. (Other resorts will arrange packed meals instead)

Hope this review helped you!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank spagsnguyen
Dear stephsnguyen,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers in such detail. Feedback such as yours forms an integral part of our service evaluation process.

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as your treatments at the award winning spa; and last but not least, the genuine Thai hospitality of our staff.

Thank you also for sharing the few areas that you felt could further be improved. I have shared your feedback with the entire team.

It would be a true pleasure to welcome you back for another stay at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The service at the resort was great mainly because of the warmth that the staff gave to us. I would like to mention the great assistance of the villa resort hosts, who helped to make the stay at the villas very pleasant. The service at the F&B outlets was great as well, especially on the first day when me and my family arrived in the morning and there was nothing to eat in the resort at the time. The manager, Aom, helped to arrange for us to dine at the Bodega & Grill together with the outlet manager Ryan. That was a great start to the stay.

Of course, the staff at the other parts of the resort provided great service as well. The front desk staff were very warm, friendly and helpful. The Bellmen and Concierge were always prompt and made many trips and took the trouble to pick up my family of 13 people to various areas of the resort, as well as assist in arranging for external transportation to visit the other areas of Phuket. They were very friendly as well, making us feel very welcomed in the resort, while doing their job quick and well.

When dialing the Call centre to order room service or ask for assistance in various issues, the personnel who answered the phone was always very helpful and friendly. They would assist us in many things, such as attending to our frequent requests for a buggy, or providing us a lot of information to facilitate our stay at the resort. They were a great contributing factor to a pleasant stay.

F&B staff were great as well. A resort stay of 3 days was definitely not enough for me.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff, make a request when making a reservation, and come during the low seasons so t...
1 Thank Nigel_Angel
Dear Nigel_Angel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent holiday experience at our resort in such detail.

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the genuine Thai hospitality of our associates, specifically of those you mentioned by name. Feedback such as yours motivates us to continually meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

It would be a true pleasure to see you return for another blissful stay sometime in the near future.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at Angsana Laguna for 8 days. Overall we had a great experience. We did have some feedback we would like to share. I booked on web page for transport to collect us at the airport, after chatting directly online with someone I organised a car to collect 3 of us at the agreed price. They did not meet us, we were required to get our own transport. I had made a request after booking my room, when my sister decided to come, that we required twin single beds, not a king. We arrived in our room and the bed was made as a king. I separated them and made twin singles. The next day it was a king again. I discussed it with housekeeping and they kept them separated, good response. Although they were aware of our arrival our room was not ready, we stayed in a friends room until the agreed time 1400, but when we went back they still were not ready. I asked for a lunch voucher, we were tired, hot and hungry. They gave a 50% off lunch voucher. We came back at 3 and rooms still not ready. Our friends room was ready at 1510 and finally ours was ready at 1520
The rest of our stay was great. Enjoyed the breakfasts, Used the gym everyday, Used the pools everyday. Found the staff very helpful, didn't use the inter hotel transport, we walked every where, Used the in hotel tour people, very helpful and friendly. There was some tired looking areas but daily we saw people working on them. The bed were soooo comfortable. The total bill was as we expected. We loved our Thai experience. Thank you Angsana Laguna

Room Tip: We had a Laguna room on 3rd floor and was adequate for my sister and myself
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mumsy59,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers.

I regret that your arrival and check-in experience were not as comfortable as we would have hoped, though I am glad to read that the remainder of your stay was much to your liking.

Should you decide to revisit, I would appreciate if you could inform us in advance, so that we can give your next stay our personal attention and provide you with the complete Angsana experience.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked a two-bedroom loft and were pleasantly surprised when the hotel upgraded us to a two-bedroom suite so that my elderly husband did not have to climb the stairs! The suite was nicely furnished. The view of the lagoon was stunning and the beds very comfortable. There are a number of swimming pools inside the hotel - including one right on the beach, allowing one to pick and choose. Water sports such as kayaking were available. Breakfast at the Bodega Grill was very good - even though the spread was not very extensive. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The lagoon setting is beautiful and tranquil. Serious shopping will have to be done quite a distance away in town, however, shopping in a smaller scale can be done not far from the hotel.
Our only disappointment was the hitch regarding the booking of a hotel car for the airport. Despite making the booking personally at the Reception, there was no record of the booking and a new booking had to be made hurriedly.
My family and I enjoyed our stay there and we will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear Judianna B,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us and other travelers.

We are very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incident regarding the hotel limousine, which I have shared with the respective team.

We are pleased to read about your intention to return, and look forward to creating another unforgettable holiday experience for you and your husband soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#3 of 34 in Choeng Thale

Been to Angsana Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!