We were a group of 22 family members. We booked 5 ANGSANA SUITES, three of which were pool access. Our dates were from July 30 to Aug 6th.
Our experience was First Class from the moment we landed at Phuket airport. I had requested 2 vans from the hotel and they were there holding the Guest cards. The drive to the resort is a leisurely 30 minutes.
As we entered the resort Reception, we were all asked to relax while they offered us cold drinks and a soothing wet towel. When I smelled the fresh lemon grass I knew we were in 'Amazing Thailand'. We were also given these cute Friendship hand bands as well. Check in was smooth and in 20 minutes we were escorted to our room by Aom. She kindly showed us around the property and explained where things were on the map. Mind you this is a big property. So let me go over the main points.
First, the resort itself. Angsana is one of the 5 star properties sharing the Lagoon with other hotels though independent yet tied in a way through shuttles, ferries, walk ways. In other words, you could use the other resorts just have to pay a fee. We visited Outrigger one day and used their pool which has a slide. The kids loved it. Well, so did the adults ! It was 650 bahts per person. Def worth it. The Angsana grounds is immaculate. The landscaping is just out of a travel magazine. We swam the lazy river pool, which meanders its way through the property. We used the huge Jacuzzi, ordered drinks at the pool bar. I think we tired the bartender out when our order of 20 drinks went through ! There are buggies and ferries that take you to different points. Though you have to wait 15 to 20 mins, we loved the rides across the lagoon. The property is right on the beach. The sand is just amazing and water is clear. Sadly, most of the time the red flags were flying so we really didn't venture into the water. Just wet our feet. On one occasion, we saw the baby elephant play in the waves. That certainly was a treat for everyone.
The suites were fantastic. Clean, efficient and spacious. The beds were comfy and after all day activities, we all had a great nights' sleep. Room service was very good. No complaints. Even when we ran low on coffee and tea, a quick call to Room Service solved the issues. We did order from Room Service several times. The biggest hit was white rice and Massuman curry. You have to try this dish. We had burgers as well. Prices are higher but expected from a 5 star resort.
Thirdly, the Resort restaurants. We ate in several of Angsana's restaurants. We ate 2 nights at the Thai restaurant Baan Thalay overlooking the lagoon but near the ocean front as well. Food was good but spicy. Watch out for the Fried beef ! We also ate at XANA which is right on the beach. Its open door and you can feel the beautiful Andaman Sea breeze on your face. The Burgers with Waygu beef recommended by a very smart Manager is delicious. We swam in the infinity pool adjacent to XANA after the lunch and we voted it was the best pool on the property.
Breakfasts was at two places. We tried both the the Marketplace location and one at Bodega Grill, tough Marketplace had more variety but busy and crowded. We ate mostly at Bodega Grill which was more personal and quiet, catering to the Suite guests. The eggs Benedict is highly recommended. You have to order A La Carte there.
There are several activities throughout the resort. We spent almost half the day canoeing which is free. Just sign a form and off you go. There was a good looking gym, however, we were on vacation. Lol
The main town is a bit off. Juncylon mall is 30 minutes away. We rented a big van for 2000 bahts. There are Lagoon shuttles that take you to town just outside the resort. Try the Chaba restaurant there as well as an Italian place called River Spoon. The food is great at both restaurants. We also frequented several foot massage places. 350 bahts only. There is also a large Villa Market where we stocked up on drinks and chips. One night the concierge arranged transportation to Lotus restaurant.
A Special Thanks to GM Albert Ocasio who helped out with the rooms, (he even called me in Bangladesh to sort it out), a manager called Aom and of course the entire crew at Angsana Laguna Phuket. Only one place where some of my family members were not happy with was the service at the Concierge Desk. They felt some individuals were not as 'receptive and forthcoming' as others members of the staff of other departments. Maybe an area to look into for improvement. Other than that what an amazing vacation we all had.
We would highly recommend this place to all our friends and family.
Thanks for the memories Angsana Laguna !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm tropical sun, pristine white sand beaches and a shimmering blue sea. Angsana Laguna Phuket has it all. Play golf, snorkel, island hop, or bask on the beach, this is the ideal resort to spend a restful beach vacation, romantic rendezvous or a fun-filled family holiday. Angsana Laguna Phuket is the flagship establishment of the Angsana Hotels and Resorts - managed by luxury hospitality brand, the Banyan Tree Group. The resort features 401 immaculately decorated guest rooms, lofts, suites and private villa residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Angsana Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Sheraton Hotel Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Resort Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Phuket
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket
- Phuket Sheraton
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Thailand