Allamanda Laguna Resort is a spacious property with two large nice pools. My husband stayed for 10 days and I stayed for 5 days while he was taking part in the triathlon festival. There is nothing wrong with the location and it is easy enough to walk/get the bus/ferry to get to the other resorts or the beach.
We had a one bedroom apartment which was huge with a pleasant balcony. The bathroom was quite modern and spacious.
However, this is where it starts to go downhill. The customer service was very poor, and we were not impressed with the food. My husband had room service on 3 occasions and each time the plates were not removed from outside the room for up to three days afterwards. This is inspite of calling and asking for them to be removed. The maid service was very slow and often didn't take place until 4pm which was difficult if you needed a fresh towel. We asked for a late checkout on the final day as the flights were not until late. We were told the time of 4pm. Despite this our key was cancelled and even when we went to get a new key, and they confirmed the checkout time we received a phone call 10 mins later telling us that 2pm was the time to check out!!!! Ridiculous. Reception were usually polite but not very helpful.
Breakfast was OK, but they ran out of food a lot. One day there was no fruit, no eggs, no bread and no hot meat and this was only at 8am. They might have restocked but were struggling when we were there.
So overall, the hotel is fine, it is a good location, the rooms are clean and a good size and it is cheaper than everything else in Laguna and it is good for that. It is just such a shame that such poor service let them down, otherwise they could receive a much higher rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket: Ideally situated on Bang Tao Beach,the resort enjoys the wonderful tropical environment of Laguna Phuket integrated resort. All apartments overlook the golf club's scenic fairways and the resort's shimmering swimming pools. Just 20 minutes drive from the airport, Phuket Town and Patong Beach. Ideal for long staying guests or family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Allamanda Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Hotel Cherngtalay
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Thailand