Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$209
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$170
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
  • Pool
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$166
Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa Surin Beach(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$162
Hotels.com
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$126
Agoda.com
Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$179
Trip.com
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$381
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
US$1,176
1,521 results
All reviewsthe club loungeday bedclub packagekids clubpool areasea viewother hotelssunken bathtennis courtskids poolspecial thanksfree shuttlelocal townmain restaurantgreat facilitieslaguna phuketcanal village
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The outstanding point for this hotel is family orientation. There is a nice pool with slider. There is a cute baby elephant to entertain kids.
The hotel itself is refurbished from previous Laguna Beach Hotel. It has a lot of new renovations, but the old fixture such as old elevators is still there.
The room is nice with the view of lagoon or ocean. The beach is the best, very nice, clean and soft sand under your feet. The ocean is great for swim, and the sunset is spectacular.
Buffet breakfat is excellent with good choices and service.
I will definitely go back again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 3T
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights in the resort and really enjoyed it:

Service:
- The check-in and out was a breeze. As some of the review stated, they gave us cold towel, drinks and corsage type flower.
- The staff was friendly enough, though my husband think there's a tone of impatient when we asked further to clarify certain things.
- The housekeeping was great, we always come back to a clean room. Though I encountered 2 times where they knocked on our room rather loudly to check on whether we are OK.
- I had 1 rather unpleasant experience when I called the reception to ask whether I can get panadol, on which they said they are not allowed to dispense or buy on behalf, which I wasn't very happy but can understand. However after about 2 hours or so, they took the trouble to call me back rather late at night when I was taking the kids to bed already and just to give the same information. That is, I can purchase it from Canal Village, where it will take around 5 mins ride and they will escort me there. But with a sick husband and 2 kids to take care, it's rather impossible for me to get out at that hour. On the side note, I found out the next day that the sundry next to the lobby actually sell paracetamol.. Ah well.. Bygones..

Resort:
- The resort is beautiful and I really love the beach. Very beautiful beach! Although on first night, we saw poo on the beach
- The swimming pool was OK, my 7yo and I really enjoyed the slide. But we also found poo in kids pool. :(
- Room is spacious. They have the day bed which was converted into kids bed.
- They have a very adorable baby elephant coming every day.
- Location wise is a bit out of the way, however it's ok if you just plan to enjoy and relax in the resort.
- They also have archery!! And some other lessons, which was great..

Overall I'm happy and will be back. But I'll make sure to pack panadol with me.. :)

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this resort. Staffs were very friendly. After a long flight and transfer we were greeted and given welcome drinks and towels on arrival. The lifts were very small to my surprise. Maybe could only fit 4 people.

The buffet breakfast was great and the staffs were friendly and attentive. The restaurant is beautiful and had a good atmosphere.

Both morning we were lucky to see a baby elephant in the resort. We only took pictures. Other visitors we saw children getting a ride and feeding the elephant.

Living in Laguna area means we had to catch the taxi to visit other places with longer distance. Taxi to my shock were very expensive in phuket. So our only downside experience were the expensive taxi fares.

Overall we still had a good experience staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at outrigger for 3 nights. I found some beach towels with stains, room furniture stained..why not replace it? Also the staff was mediocre, did not feel like 5 or 4 star hotel. For the price, it was a big disappointment. The things I did enjoy were be common areas, views and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Elizabeth999999999
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is just one of the hotel in the Laguna area but one of the newest as it only re-opened after renovations last year. When we arrived, we were quickly ushered to the lounge and served ice-cold towels and a drink (lovely concoction of lemongrass and a local Thai flower, whose name I forget). Registration was quick even though I had requested for inter-connecting rooms and they obliged. Once done, you will be personally escorted to your rooms (bell hop came shortly after with correct luggages sent to the correct rooms!) while getting a tour of the hotel grouns (which is massive) at the same time. The pool area is really lovely and they have a big kiddy pool for my 18mth old and long slide for my older kids. There are plenty lounge chairs by the pool and also by the beach. Icy cold water infused with orange and lemon is served frequently. There is a private beach so it was really nice and peaceful. A certain section of the sea was cordonned off so that water skis could not enter - your kids can play in that area in peace while you are getting that sun tan. Our room came with daily buffet breakfast. Selection was great and food was tasty although I'd wished they rotated their food a little bit more. But overall, it was good. I have nothing to complain about this hotel. The staff are friendly and efficient and genuinely enjoy having kids around. If you are here with friends though, then there is really nothing much to do and see in this area. We never left the resort (although we rode on the free tuk tuk shuttle and boat to other Laguna hotels just for look-see) so we were ok. By the way, for our meals there are pleaty of restaurants which are a stone's throw away from the hotel, which provides free transportation to and fro the resort. The hotel can even make reservations for you.

Room Tip: If you intend to frequent the pool and beach often, book the seaview rooms. The lagoon-facing rooms require quite a walk to the pool and beach areas.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family