My husband, 23 month old daughter and I stayed here for 3 days in April.
We had a very comfortable ride from the airport in the transport we had arranged through the resort - cold face washers and bottles of water for the 30 min drive. Our check in was welcoming and quick - very appreciated after a 9 hour flight which had been delayed so we were all tired.
We had a standard room facing the lagoon which was terrific - modern, luxurious and comfortable. A big king size bed. A sun bed for relaxing on. A little balcony. A clean bathroom with a fantastic built in bath/shower. Great extras like robes, slippers, beach bag and even a plate of whole fruits in the room on arrival.
We had the buffet breakfast included in our package which was had a delicious selection of items, with options suitable for all everyone.
The pools were fantastic. Great for those who aren't the biggest fans of the sand at the beach. Our toddler loved the shallow pool as well as going down the slide (with her daddy) into the bigger pool.
Although we didn't place our toddler in the kids club for care, I did take my little girl for a play on the equipment and they welcomed us into the kids club room so she could do some colouring in and read a few books. The staff seemed friendly and the space was nice.
The location to the beach was awesome, stepping right onto the sand from the resort grounds. You really couldn't get any closer.
The pool restaurant (whilst not cheap but hey it's a resort) was great, I loved the club sandwich so much I ordered it on multiple occasions. The room service was also good and very handy to order something for our daughter.
There are a handful of shops which sold things like inflatable pool/beach toys, drinks/snacks, a tailor, gift shop - but I didn't really check it out so not sure what it was like in terms of prices or what was available.
The restaurant right next door (can't remember the name) was cheap and the food good, obviously not the highest quality but a decent meal.
We also ate at the Siam Supper Club on one night (the resort can organise a babysitter) which the resort called up and checked the availability for us. The restaurant sent a car which was handy and the food was yummy.
I really can't fault the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious and relaxing place to stay away from the craziness of Patong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand