We spent 10 days at the Outrigger. The hotel had just been refurbished when it became an Outrigger Hotel. We have stayed at another hotel in the same area in the past but none of the hotels can come near this one, situated right on the beach with a beautiful garden setting. An enormous swimming pool to enjoy or just laze by. Plenty of quality deck chairs, an outdoor bar and café for lunch or dinner if you desire.
Dinner time, there are two main restaurants, is always interesting with theme nights every night, plenty of variety, at a reasonable cost. The wine is a little expensive but that is usual for Asia. Kiki the restaurant Manager was amazing, friendly, always greeted you with a smile all added to a wonderful evening.
We stayed in a Sea View Club Room 429 which was tops, large room with a great view over the pool, and gardens to the ocean. Hanna the Club Room Manager was charming, advising us where the best places to shop and visit, Hanna made our holiday extra special. All up all the staff are exceptional from the front desk to the gardeners who gave us a fresh coconut they just brought down from the top of the tree.
Candy the elephant has been mentioned a million times on Tripadvisor but worth mentioning again, something you don't see very often, a baby elephant giving you a kiss or stuffing a 20BHT note into her handler's pocket. Not to mention the insatiable appetite for apples. She visits the hotel twice a day and if you are in the pool when she walks by she will fill her trunk and spray you.
Getting out and about from the hotel is easy, there is a taxi stand at the front of the hotel and prices are cheap. We hired a car for six hours a did a tour and that cost $69 for the four of us.
Also worth mentioning are the collection of shops that are adjacent to the hotel, independently owned selling almost everything at good prices. There are Tailors, Bottle shops and clothing for all and more..certainly worth a look. We did most of our shopping there.
Arriving home I balanced out my costs for the holiday and found my expenses at the hotel which was lunch and dinner along with heaps of beers and wine came out at $126 a day for two, breakfast was included. Another reason Outrigger Laguna has be one of the best hotels in Thailand.
All up a wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand